Taiwan Certificate of Good Conduct, Police Criminal Record Certificate Requirements

Does anyone have any experience getting a “certificate of good conduct,” with someone on their record? I have a misdemeanor DUI from 6 years ago and I am thinking that kills my chances of teaching in Taiwan. I know the certificate is required for an ARC. Some people have gotten lucky and it didn’t show up on FBI background check but I know for a fact mine is on there. It has been difficult to find solid answers online. I am going to try calling the National Immigration Agency this week to see what they say. Any advice is appreciated.

Heya,
I need an up-to-date police criminal record certificate here in Taiwan (Taipei City).
I applied online three days ago and I haven’t received any confirmation or notification about collecting it.
I can’t remember from last time, am I expecting an email or a text message??
I thought it only takes two days to process.

Have you tried calling them?

Hate making phone calls, esp when I know they’re going to answer in Chinese.
I’ll try ringing them tomorrow morning.

1 Like

They don’t tell you it’s ready in my experience. Just go to the location you chose and get it.

Really?? I honestly don’t remember, but the website says this:
“After applying online, a number will be issued and a pick-up deadline will be available online the next business day. Certificates can be picked up with the number issued. Please bring the required identification when picking up your PCRC on the assigned day.”
But I don’t know through what medium a number was supposed to have been issued to me.

I never got a number. I just took my ID in and they printed it out.

1 Like

Cool cool, I’ll do that then. Thank you!!

Just wait the three business days before you go.

1 Like

So. Turns out there’s an “inquiry” button on the website to check the application status! But the website looks completely different when using my phone compared to my laptop. There’s no inquiry option on my phone, but lo and behold it exists when I open the website my laptop.
Anyway, got it sorted, I am officially not a criminal :grin:.

3 Likes