Taiwan citizenship for foreign father?

i am from india, and my son is from Taiwan , can I apply for Taiwanese citizenship on my son id card. my son is just two months old . please guide me what should I have to do.

What’s the father’s nationality?

I guess that answers your question. :trollface:

What if the mom is form India?? Dad is Taiwanese

my nationality is indian and my girlfriend is from taiwan

the immigration sites are showing that I have to go through with DNA TEST along with my new born son. but i don’t know whether i get the citizenship or not :persevere:

I don’t think you get citizenship for having a baby with a taiwanese girl.

You can get it through marriage.

You can get a JFRV (residence visa) through marriage, not citizenship

Sorry, I mistook you for the mother. :oops:

Marriage would give you the ability to stay in Taiwan and work without a work permit, and eventually you could obtain citizenship, but it’s not straightforward. Search for our discussions about citizenship to see what’s involved.

1 Like

Original post never indicated it was the father. For all we know, it could have been the mother.

thanks

Yep. Even if you marry afterwards. If you were not married before you made the baby, it doesn’t matter if baby was born in or out of wedlock. DNA it is.

You do not get citizenship for having a baby, even if baby is ROC citizen. As a matter of fact dear, in case no one has told you, you have no rights whatsoever over kiddie, no visitation, nothing. Mom can take it away and you may never see the baby ever. Even if you get married, as a foreign father, your rights are limited to what the law can do, which is not much.

I might be wrong here, so take this with a grain of salt; my understanding is that you will be able to get a JFRV through your relationship with your child. This isn’t specifically a spousal visa, it’s a visa for joining a family member who is a citizen. Again, I may be wrong here so you should probably call immigration and check.

1 Like

the problem is that I stayed in taiwan illegal for one year and I’m banned from entering taiwan for almost three years, besides i got fined by (10,000)NT . and got deported. so I’m very confused what steps i have to take, my girlfriend is telling me that I have to go through with DNA TEST. so on …
don’t know what to do and how to do… waiting for my girlfriend to come india and go to Taiwanese embassy.