Taiwan Cycling Routes

I came across this awesome awesome Google doc of a lot of the famous cycling roads in Taiwan.

https://b9ef154ccc2b9828490699dd14b489c0e69b6fc3.googledrive.com/host/0B8XGJmpv-MO6bmQwR2RNV0tPSEE/

Unfortunately, it’s all in Chinese, but with some Google translate, I’m sure you can get through some of it.

The creator has a great graph showing you whether the route has waterfalls, night view, mountain view, and even hot springs. As well as gradients, distance, distance uphill and so on and so forth.

Feel free to leave any questions or comments you might have here, I’d be more than happy to help if I can.

Happy riding!

[quote=“ranlee”]I came across this awesome awesome Google doc of a lot of the famous cycling roads in Taiwan.

https://b9ef154ccc2b9828490699dd14b489c0e69b6fc3.googledrive.com/host/0B8XGJmpv-MO6bmQwR2RNV0tPSEE/

Unfortunately, it’s all in Chinese, but with some Google translate, I’m sure you can get through some of it.

The creator has a great graph showing you whether the route has waterfalls, night view, mountain view, and even hot springs. As well as gradients, distance, distance uphill and so on and so forth.

Feel free to leave any questions or comments you might have here, I’d be more than happy to help if I can.

Happy riding![/quote]

Pretty cool. Surprised he didn’t include cafes though. That’s surely essential info for local riders.

I think they consider 7-11/FamilyMart cafes, no need to list those, right? :smiley:

You didn’t happen to archive this did you? I’d love to access this doc but it leads to a 404 now.

Unfortunately, I just found it on the internets and figured I would share it here.

Unfortunately, even the internet archive gives a 404. even though it ‘saved’ it in march 2017

1 Like

This one always pops up whenever I google certain routes. It’s very comprehensive and categorizes the difficulty level of all the routes from level 1 to over 200. But it requires a paid membership. :disappointed:

3 Likes

This is a pretty extensive list across multiple cities. It’d be worth hashing out a bit of cash if you do not want to take the time to figure out the routes and just throw it into your cycling computer or phone.

This is really cool actually. But I don’t really see what subscribing does, you can just download all the routes without subscribing at all. Theres a Strava link on each one.

1 Like

Oh wow you’re right! I think before they had locked some of the routes, which required paid membership to access. I distinctly remember not being able to click it open. I guess few people bothered to join, so they just made it free for all. :sunglasses:

1 Like