I don’t think it’s that complicated. 90% of Taiwanese if there were no threat from China would choose independence. The remaining 10% or so are your deep blues. On the other side, there is about the same amount of deep greens that would go to war for independence. You can argue the numbers a little, 15 or pushing it 20% either side with a bit more on the green side.
In between are your light greens and light blues, which as you note make up the majority. People who just want to get on with their lives, send their kids to school, go to work and not be bothered by all this. The light blues think acquiescence to China on the subject of the '92 consensus is wise, the light greens do not.
With regards to China and there are other issues that separate the greens and blues, as far as light green vs light blue is concerned with regards China, that’s it.