Taiwan laptops more expensive with lower specs? Whaa?

So I am in the market for a new laptop. I see this:

Capture _2017-12-03-21-52-47

More or less this, right?

Capture _2017-12-03-21-54-48

Except for the memory. As you guys said, they are rather stingy with it. 16 vs 4 GB for more or less the same amount of money.

This doesn’t seem to have ssd drive although memory is much greater.

I just got my first laptop with ssd, 128 ssd, 8mb ram , no waiting around to boot up and she never crashes. Only weighs 1.1 kg, lenovo ideapad.

Well I sent the info to my sister, who wanted the computer. After comparing prices and specs, she decided to buy it in the ol country. The cost is always higher there, but it is compensated by “guaranty” and software in Spanish. Software is a big issue, even for me.

On a separate item, we tried the free Office-like softwares available at our place of employment…it does not work well with languages other than English, at least in our experience. We need more than just commands in our language. Hence, I gotta factor the 4000k for Microsoft in computer budget.

Well during the Technology Month I noticed my favorite shop was participating in the event, so I asked if they had the same sales in shop as at the TWTC site. It does not hurt to ask, I thought. It went better than expected.

For starters, the 34k Asus i7 computer I wanted came down to 26k. On site they were offering free upgrade to 8G memory but only on Acer. However, I got the upgrade for 800 ntd, which sounded good. They threw in a mini memory of 16G, a 32G memory stick, a wireless mouse and a set of gaming earphones and mouse. Oh and it is a newer model, says built in August this year. Zero interest install payments.

Currently I am struggling to figure out the Windows 10 layout and in a while I will try to set up my printer to it. Wish me luck.

1 Like

Kinda related Quanhua shops don’t always have the cheaper prices in Taiwan… Check ruten for reference when buying electronics (maybe this doesn’t apply to laptops but to other things it does)