Taiwan return policy for electrodomestics

Last week I bought a fan for the office but it’s way too noisy when working at full power. There was another unit that was quieter and I went today to change one by another. I was told that if it’s not broken, I can NOT return a product. However, I think that there’s some law that says that you can return an electronic product if you don’t want it as long as you do it within the first 7 days.

Who is right, me or the shop? and in the case I’m right… what should I do next? file a complaint in the shop? (if that’s even possible in Taiwan) denounce them to some government office? to some organization?

the shop is “3C” (the “yellow shop”) and they showed me this when I asked them to write down that I couldn’t return it:

I’m not going to bend my head sideways to read what’s on that picture. Help us out, flip that pic!

Did they state when you made the purchase that you could not return or exchange it upon purchase or opening? They normally say that right before you pay for the item.

If there’s something wrong with the item, they usually exchange it or fix it without any questions asked (since the time frame in which you bought it is under warranty). However, if you give them the reason “it’s too loud”, they may be reluctant to help you out.

3C is usually really bad with returns, especially broken stuff, in my experience. Yep, the underlined stuff says no exchanges, no money back.

…which is why I purchase my stuff at Costco -no hassle- or E-Life mall. Otherwise, they come to you with 7 days policy, receipt, etc. It is definetively not like in the West, satisfaction or else, money back, exchange, whatever.

If you bought it online there’s a 7 day change of mind where you can return for whatever reason. Most big bricks and mortar also offer a seven day change of mind. I guess those guys don’t, simple solution don’t buy from them again!