Taiwan Travel Videos

Video of our recent trip to Sun Moon Lake.

We did the lake and visited some places in the area, including Puli, Taomi, Yuchi, Mt. Maolan, Shuili, and Checheng.

We only ran into mainland China tourists at Shuishe and Xuanguang Temple (lots of them…, what a circus…). The two B&B we stayed at were good, one at Taomi and the other near Shuili. At Checheng we ran into lots of students on field trips, but I did like the town. Wouldn’t want to go there on weekends and holidays, though, must get crowded easily. The two power stations north of Checheng are quite interesting, they sell popsicles at Daguan too.

From Checheng we took the country roads (131, 147) north. Not much to see, but never drove to Guoxing Township before, so wanted to check out the area. There are deer farms. I would chose that route if I was on a bike, instead of Hwy 21.

The King Garden is a tourist trap, but Liao Mayor Black Tea place at Yuchi is quite nice.

Travel in Taiwan app May/June issue.

Finished a new video, showing scenes of Hualien and its coast. I love the ocean and some places on the coast are really nice.

[quote=“hannes”]Finished a new video, showing scenes of Hualian and its coast. I love the ocean and some places on the coast are really nice.

[/quote]

just in time for my own planning :stuck_out_tongue:

Next video. Keelung.

I always give Keelung bad rap for being dark, dirty, and wet, but some places aren’t that bad, especially if the sun is shining. We went to Wangyou Valley, Heping Island and Baimiweng Fort and had a seafood lunch local style, in a place where people were drinking a mix of beer and Wisbih and smoked while eating… a genuine Keelung experience I guess. :sunglasses:

Penghu Trip.

Our latest trip for Travel in Taiwan magazine. We went there earlier this month, when the first of the three typhoons was approaching, which did mess up some of our itinerary. We spent time on the main islands and took the ferry to Qimei, where we had just 2 hours because of the typhoon, and Wang’an, also two hours. We went to one of those floating restaurants to barbecue oysters, didn’t like it that much (locals like that, I guess). The kids were trying to catch fish in those pools, but apparently pulling the fish up is not allowed… (not sure what the point is really). The cactus park had surprisingly beautiful cacti specimen. The Whale Cave was impressive with the rough sea pounding it. Erkan was very touristy. The lighthouse on Xiyu was closed when we got there. The beaches are are all quite nice, clean with fine sand. Not many people there even during peak season. The homestay on Baisha is a great place to stay. A bit hidden away, but is sits right on the inland sea of Penghu. Would have loved to stay there and see the stars at night. All in all a fun trip, it was!

Hey nice videos! I subscribed! Penghu looks really nice, I’ll have to go one day. I started a vlog with my girlfriend a month ago, maybe you could check it out and let me know what you think. The link is below.

youtube.com/channel/UCEL2ht … 0Wg/videos

[quote=“hannes”]Next video. Keelung (Jilong).

I always give Keelung (Jilong) bad rap for being dark, dirty, and wet, but some places aren’t that bad, especially if the sun is shining. We went to Wangyou Valley, Heping Island and Baimiweng Fort and had a seafood lunch local style, in a place where people were drinking a mix of beer and Wisbih and smoked while eating… a genuine Keelung (Jilong) experience I guess. :sunglasses:

[/quote]

Love the music. Pics are good too. Love the music. :notworthy:

[quote=“laflame”]Hey nice videos! I subscribed! Penghu looks really nice, I’ll have to go one day. I started a vlog with my girlfriend a month ago, maybe you could check it out and let me know what you think. The link is below.

youtube.com/channel/UCEL2ht … 0Wg/videos[/quote]

Nice, you guys are fun to watch. If you make travel videos in Taiwan, feel free to post them here. I don’t own this thread, although it may seem like it. Ha Ha

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”][quote=“hannes”]Next video. Keelung (Jilong) (Jilong).

Love the music. Pics are good too. Love the music. :notworthy:[/quote][/quote]

Ha, already forgot about the music for that one, that man has a sexy deep voice, hasn’t he?

Following.

[quote=“hannes”][quote=“laflame”]Hey nice videos! I subscribed! Penghu looks really nice, I’ll have to go one day. I started a vlog with my girlfriend a month ago, maybe you could check it out and let me know what you think. The link is below.

Nice, you guys are fun to watch. If you make travel videos in Taiwan, feel free to post them here. I don’t own this thread, although it may seem like it. Ha Ha[/quote]

Thanks! I think I’ll post stuff here everytime I have a new video! I thought you owned this thread ahah! Anyways here’s a vlog for the Dragon Boat Festival that is super late, but finally online haha!

youtube.com/watch?v=ad-9Yw3hEOw

[quote=“laflame”][quote=“hannes”][quote=“laflame”]Hey nice videos! I subscribed! Penghu looks really nice, I’ll have to go one day. I started a vlog with my girlfriend a month ago, maybe you could check it out and let me know what you think. The link is below.

Nice, you guys are fun to watch. If you make travel videos in Taiwan, feel free to post them here. I don’t own this thread, although it may seem like it. Ha Ha[/quote]

Thanks! I think I’ll post stuff here everytime I have a new video! I thought you owned this thread ahah! Anyways here’s a vlog for the Dragon Boat Festival that is super late, but finally online haha!

youtube.com/watch?v=ad-9Yw3hEOw[/quote]

btw, if you use the youTubeBB3 button when posting a link to a youtube clip a player will be opening right in the thread, if that’s want you want of course

Our trip to Yilan!

Nice one!

Longshan Temple

Used to live in the area around the temple. Never liked Wanhua, old and dirty. Once in a while I go back. This time I found Longshan Temple quite nice, actually.

Earlier this month we visited Wuling Farm, Fushoushan Farm, Lishan, and Deji Reservoir. The trip was nice. There weren’t many tourists or cars, so that was good. We had a few close encounters with cabbage trucks, that’s something you have to look out for when driving in the area. Lishan is more of a working environment than a tourist area, but the two farms can be quite pleasant. The road down to Deji Reservoir is fine until just before the dam. There is a huge landslide with a massive rock threatening to roll down any moment just above the road. Immediate after the landslide area the road is closed, so you cannot go any closer to the dam, which is a shame cause it’s some engineering feat we would have loved to take a closer look at. The indigenous village of Nanshan is special, cause you can see it from the highway sitting there surrounded by mountains. There is nothing particular interesting in the village itself, though. The two restaurants in Lishan weren’t bad but served the typical oily dishes I am not a fan of. Both Wuling and Fushoushan have campgrounds and while I wouldn’t want to go there during peak season, camping there should be fun.

[quote=“hannes”]Longshan Temple

Used to live in the area around the temple. Never liked Wanhua, old and dirty. Once in a while I go back. This time I found Longshan Temple quite nice, actually.

[/quote]

This was fun. Did you use Hyperlapse?

Some captions would have been nice. :wink:

I went to wanhua a few days ago and saw the usual sights and thought it was great. It made me think how the new generation of taiwanese have really improved their behavior compared to the old folks in wanhua who are spitting all over the place. Then i saw a young guy walk out of a shop and flob onto the road. I guess its a Wanhua thing.

[quote=“Mucha Man”][quote=“hannes”]Longshan Temple

This was fun. Did you use Hyperlapse?

Some captions would have been nice. :wink:[/quote][/quote]

Thanks MuMan! Yep, walking around making a shot every second. Captions would be nice, but in order to do that I would need to know things about the temple, and that would require work… :ponder:

I’ll do more of those “walkthroughs,” maybe I mix in some text, some sound, some real footage.