Taiwan v Canada Summit Series (Hockey)

I’ve been pining for something like this for almost 10 years. And now, it’s actually going to happen. From January 20th to January 22nd (puck drop 9:30PM) , Taiwan’s National Hockey team will face off against the best expat Canadian (1 Yank made the squad) players (Typhoon Selects) in a 3 game summit series to be televised on some local channel. These games will be 3x20 minute stop time periods, full contact hockey the likes of which Taiwan has never seen before. And like any such series when teams see each other night after night, it promises to get chippy. Maybe even a little scrappy. Admission is free and you can bring your own libations into the rink should you so desire.

There will likely be a post game party after each game at The Typhoon Bar and Grill (The 7-11 across the street from Xiao Ju Dan) where you can meet the players, get autographs and buy them beers.

Looking at the lineups, it’s guaranteed to be a very fast paced, hard hitting series. So come on out and support the fastest growing game in Taiwan.

1 Like

Finally, a sanctioned venue for the grand old Taipei tradition of a bunch of buddies showing up carrying big sticks when a guy gets into a fight.
Woo hoo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdi_kASSsJs

Piss on Eddie Shore!!
Piss on old time hockey!!

1 Like

Half time show of how the knuckle puck is the greatest thing to happen to hockey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqq-glymrRs

Get your Team Mal jersey today.

Special Edition Commemorative Jerseys For Sale!!!

THE most exciting tournament in Taiwan is coming close!

Wanna be there to support and wear the same jerseys as your favourite player?

Here is your chance!

Place your order before 3:00PM on 1/3, and email us at taipeiicesports@yahoo.com.tw about your bank transfer & jerseys information.

You will get your jersey(s) on the night of 1/20 9:00PM at Taipei arena before the first game!

Price : each jersey NT1500
Bank/ATM transfer: Branch Lanya, Bank SinoPac,(807-1572)
Account:157-018-0001165-3,
Username:Taipei Ice Sports Federation臺北市冰上運動協會

What are you waiting for ?!

Can I get one that says THE UVULATOR??

Too late. We had to burn that one.

Bump and Grind. Puck drop is at 9:30 tonight. Whalen’s will have Soups and Sliders on sale as well as a secret stash of Mooseheads available for those with a discerning palatte.

My money is on the big noses. But even though they are bigger and play a better team game, I think if Taiwan comes out consistently applying pressure in the corners and forces the Noses into a hitting game, then we may see a different result. Go for the gas tank Taiwan.

1 Like

Has the venue changed? The Taipei Arena’s telephone staff has indicated there are no games.

@SDeC. No, it hasn’t. But this is the 2nd time I’ve heard this. I am on it. Try calling them again in an hour. Thanks for the heads up. The barn is run by the good people that bring you the MRT. Go figure.

Okay, that should be fixed now. Here’s why this happened: It’s a private rental. So they don’t care what’s happening on the ice, as long as they get their rent money by next Friday…

Awesome! Let me know if there are any entrance fees because I’m going to post the event on my Facebook and I know many of my Taiwanese contacts will be wondering/worrying if they need to get tickets.

Totally free. Just walk into IceLand and grab a seat.

Doors open at 9:15 and not a minute sooner.

Canada bounces back from a 2-0 deficit, then hangs on in the dying seconds to squeek out a 4-3 win in Game 1.

More Game 1 pics.