Taiwan will spend NT$1 billion to develop manga

Taiwan has too much money…

Time to partner with someone from Taiwan and draw cartoons.

OK. I have heard of pork, but this is just…I can’t even.

I get the want to invest in culture, and I even agree with it, but not at that amount. Where I live I have two Fiat Panda sized potholes in the road, and part of it may as well be dirt. Some schools are showing cracks. The NHI could always use an additional infusion. Maybe invest more in science and tech R&D.

But, alas, this is what they choose to dump money into.

Smells as bad as the free diaper bag for every kid idea.
This govnernmnet is not doing a good job in terms of investments.

They need to invest in schools and education.

A new solar power company was formed recently from major local players ., it’s obvious it’s mainly a vehicle to get national development council funds.

1 Like

Another way for good money after bad

Launched in 2006, the training program is held every May and October for high-ranking personnel at National Defense University in northern Taiwan’s Taoyuan City. Each three-week session comprises courses in cultural affairs, economics, politics and cross-strait relations, in addition to visits to government agencies and various military bases.

To date, around 480 participants have completed the program, including more than 80 ministers, five of whom have risen to become presidents or prime ministers.

That sounds like a a bad joke…Honduras…Paraguay…Guatamala.

Stop wasting our taxes and make more missiles and submarines you idiots.

1 Like

Develop a home-grown defense system? Heresy! The West would never allow that. It would “upset the status quo”, which is translated to mean “we would lose too much money.”

Meanwhile, some Japanese politicians have promised to build a Gundam.

If they can crush Chinese subs and carriers I am sold.

1 Like