Taiwanese comedian Chu Ke-liang dead at age 70, are you a fan?

What, pray tell, is a white country? You mean like Antarctica or something?

1 Like

Yeah, I guess he lifted his look from Moe. I just meant his creepy demeanour.

He did the male equivalent of a slut walk. And now he must endure the catcalls of feminists. Plus the gaslighting of feminists who insist that only women are subjected to such treatment.

I’ve been objectified by women. I had mixed feelings about it, being reduced to just a money object. They didn’t care about me as a person, just what I packed in my pants. Having been both well off and poor and different phases in my life, I can perhaps be compared to a woman who’s been both desirable and ugly at different phases of her life.

4 posts were split to a new topic: From Chu Ke-liang

[quote]
Institutional racism (also known as institutionalized racism) is a form of racism expressed in the practice of social and political institutions. Institutional racism is also racism by individuals or informal social groups, governed by behavioral norms that support racist thinking and foment active racism. It is reflected in disparities regarding wealth, income, criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, political power and education, among other things. Whether implicitly or explicitly expressed, institutional racism occurs when a certain group is targeted and discriminated against based upon race. Institutional racism can go unnoticed as it is not always explicit and can be overlooked.

Institutional racism was defined by Sir William Macpherson in the 1999 Lawrence report (UK) as: “The collective failure of an organisation to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behaviour which amount to discrimination through unwitting prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people.” [/quote]
Give me an example of any white person being institutionally marginalised in these ways in countries like America, Canada, England etc., aka the white countries - countries where the population is predominantly white. I bet you’d have a very hard time trying to search for one.

Sorry but I just can’t take a man who claims to have suffered “sexism” and objectification in the way women do seriously.

2 Likes

And this is why YOU are the problem.

Ah, now your statement is starting to make a little more sense. By “white country,” you actually meant “multi-ethnic country with a majority white population.” None of the countries you mentioned are “white countries” by any normal definition. And by “racism” you meant “institutional racism,” that nebulous term the steaming pile of horse manure (the text you quoted) does nothing to support. Nice job of moving the goal posts. Racism is, of course, a real thing.

I’m guessing you were brainwashed at a Western institution of higher learning within the last 20 years, but please correct me if I’m wrong. If you’re going to bring up a fuzzy, ephemeral term like “institutional racism,” I’m afraid the burden of proof is on you. Which institutions, exactly, are perpetrating the racism? Can you give any concrete examples?

As an American, the clearest example I can think of is affirmative action, which sets racial quotas for applicants accepted to universities. The problem is, this example works against your claim, as it results in less qualified minority applicants being given slots that would have otherwise gone to white (or Asian American) applicants. This policy is even more discriminatory towards Asian Americans, but nevertheless is an example of whites being “institutionally marginalised.” This phenomenon is well documented.

Irish travellers in Ireland, Irish travellers in England, Catholics in northern Ireland, Portuguese in Paris, Turks in Germany, Ukrainians in Russia, Russians in the Ukraine, Ethnic Germans in Eastern Europe, Basques, Croats in Serbia, Serbians in Croatia, Armenians, Gypsies, Swedes in Finland, et cetera, the list is endless.

2 Likes

And exactly none of these are based on what is generally regarded as “race”
So, you know, the list is actually “startless”

What I don’t understand is why being institutionally discriminated against allows one to engage in actions which that group themselves would not like to happen to them. Don’t we have the golden rule anymore? Where’s the line between things that can be done and things that can’t?

2 Likes

The whole system in many developed countries marginalizes white, straight, middle aged men. :grin:

Are you sure there isn’t a typo there somewhere? How exactly would a racial group of any definition (“white” people in this case) act in a racist manner towards other members of that same racial group (other “white” people)? I mean, how would that even work?

If you actually meant what you said, surely the word is classism, or something similar. Not racism.

Incidentally, I find it pretty bizarre that you apparently define “white” as a race. Do you believe in phrenology too?

Yes it is a startless list. But race is a startless term. It has no scientific basis. If you look at the Irish example, yes Irish were very definetly portrayed as a different race in the UK and in the US in the 19th century. Not so much recently. But the thing is, there is no objective meaning to “race” anyway.

https://www.google.com.tw/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiSldTGjobUAhVKi5QKHcM2Dq4QjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.counter-currents.com%2F2012%2F12%2Fhow-the-irish-became-white-part-1%2F&psig=AFQjCNHd5Nex3sqIvn5ZF_BnCt8vA2SU1A&ust=1495632268656054

1 Like

It’s this the Chu Ke Liang died thread discussion???

1 Like

Who died and left you arbiter of race?

1 Like

Thank you for this, very interesting.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: From Chu Ke-liang

You’re welcome!

17 posts were split to a new topic: On dying and other languages