Tammy and tommy and kucing gendut's mini escapades

https://www.google.com/search?q=esalen&oq=esalen&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2183j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Esalen eh? Well thats an idea ! Never heard of it, we are just yokels from Taiwan and INdonesia.

I have not been to Big Sur but once and that was like half a century ago. Sometime in circa 2000. Oh and i just drove past on my way down highway 1 to san luis obispo and LA.

Itā€™s the quintessential New Age, hippy-dippy California experience, but it doesnā€™t come cheap. But just driving through Big Sur on Highway 1 and soaking up the scenery is pretty cool. And donā€™t forget to stop for lunch at Big Sur Bakery & Restaurant (also not cheap).

Great. Will put that on the list for the next foray into the Monterey/Carmel area. DID want to take her to Big Sur, some 26 miles further south. But didnā€™t really know what to do once there.

Oh, realized it wasnā€™t 2014 that we were all last there, it was May of 2015. Wrote a big ass blog bout that excursion.

This time we didnā€™t bother with the beautiful white sand beach of Carmel as the cat thinks itā€™s just a giant poo box.

I love that beach though. If only the water was warm enough to swim in summer. But even in summer it is literally ICE COLD. You will need a wetsuit and still will freeze your fingers and toes.

Well we did Carmel again with the Catso. As usual he is not a good car rider. Meowing and restless the whole way there and back. Three hours each way via 680 and 156. I usually like to take Highway 1, for the scenery but that takes double the time.

The Quail lodge raised its prices 50/night, bless their hearts and cut out the early bird special priced dinner, bless their hearts again.

Lucky the weather was awesome and I had a bit of a swim in the warmish pool. They could do well to up the pool temp just a wee bit.

Apparently, Clint Eastwood owns the place, so my friend says.

Ate at Louie LInguini next to the Fish Hopper after we dropped off the cat at the hotel. Not a bad place, always was going past there but never tried it. The stir fried calamari was especially good. Apparently there is a restaurant a street away called the Sardine FActory that has high acclaim and high prices to match ! Will try that one of these days.

Edgar at the hotel was good for dinner the next night. But more pricey without the early bird special. Doggone. But the local specialty the Sand Dab (a type of sole) was tasty. Their clam chowder is great to chow down on too.

The highlight was breakfast at the tiny but very expensive hotel in carmel valley

Luxurious place ! Dinner must be 100 for two people as our breakfast (one order of french toast and one Bernardus bfast special) was 50 bucks. TAsty but definitly on the pricey side.
HOtel night there is bout 450/night, much more then the 250 at the Quail.

Its for the bay area rich to escape . I would imagine the room being 450 they probably blow that much at the salon with a massage and a treatment or two.

Whopper had his 10th birthday bash recently. With balloons and cake and even a few invited guests. Haha. Then i figured out heā€™s actually 11.

And now that hes older he has to take two pills a day. One for back pain (arthritis) and one for a too vigorous thyroid. Took him to the vet because he was pulling out his hair in big chunks. Didnā€™t know what was up with that? Doc said his back is hurting and hes pulling hair because of the pain. She was right. The pills stopped him doing that.

He is a horrible car rider, and only would quiet down when his mommy holds him.

IMG_1147

2 Likes

You must be stacking some cheese to afford that vacation, Tommy. The only Carmel Iā€™m enjoying is on my McDonaldā€™s sundaeā€¦

1 Like

Lol, nah, just saving up to splurge now and then. Thatā€™s what happens when you have a wife.

Before the wife, whopper and I never went on vacations , and he never got no birthday parties either.

My idea of a vacation was just to hang out at home. The complex has a pool and girls with bikinis (at times) why pay to do the same thing elsewhere right?

Good work Tommy. Do you consider having a baby now that you are settled down?

Donā€™t know
Itā€™s a complex issue
To kid or not to kid
Itā€™s not like the world needs more kids
Kids donā€™t necessarily take care of you when you are old either
Most people have to take care of their kids even when they are old now
Economic issues being what they are now
And you really shouldnā€™t have one just because you physically can

And they are not toys and less fun then having a cat

We have been doing our best to not have a kid
Neither one of us really want one

But if one day Iā€™m not fast enough we will have one

I myself really donā€™t need one. If she feels being a mom to a kid is what she wants we may go for it

Sheā€™s practicing with the cat kid right now

Sad day today for Kuching gendut and us.

We are taking him to the vet to be put to sleep
He is no longer able to drink water today after not being able to eat for a week.

He was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in the stomach in November last year

After xrays and ultrasounds and all that

We were even planning to take him to Macau to have my cousin operate on himCousin has his own clinic in Macau

But results showed that it was not operable but there was a slim chance anti cancer drugs could put him into remission but chances were not good

The doctor predicted he had days to weeks to live

Well itā€™s been five months and until two weeks ago he was doing so well that we thought he may have beaten the tumor into remission

But it came back and itā€™s larger and interrupting his ability to eat and he appears to be in much pain

Tammy has a friend in Indonesia that can communicate with animals

We asked her to face time with Gendut and ask him if he wanted to pass away at home or to have us help him get his new celestial forever body sooner

He said he is in pain and ready to go and he wants us to help him

So we made the appt

And we will get his ashes next week and probably find a nice area around Monterey or Carmel to scatter his ashes

As he is as fond of that area as we are

Gendut has been a wonderful cat and I had him near 10 years and I got him when he was 4

Tammy has known him near seven years
Sheā€™s incredibly attached to him

As am I

This is the bad part about having pets
When you have to lose them

8 Likes

:pray: Turut berduka, Om Tommy. :frowning:

1 Like

Showed my wife that
She said thank you
Sheā€™s all bent out of shape

1 Like

So sorry to hear about Gendut. Iā€™m sure the big guy is going to a better place. :cry:

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. But both of you sound like you treasured the gift your cat was.

I hope all your memories keep a smile on your face.

1 Like

Lots of tears today

5 Likes

My condolences. He was a most lovable companion, whose memories of great adventures will live on.

1 Like

Coworker has a cat and dog and she was much closer to her dog. Her cat was just there.
She asked me on a scale of one to ten how much do I love whopper? I said 11 of course. Tammy and whopper In their first months together didnā€™t get along . He wanted a new mommy and she wanted her own cat. I said you guys have to work it out

After her first visit back home he started to get very attached to her and her to him

They have been joined at the hip ever since
Whopper was Tammys first pet and sheā€™s having a tough time getting over this. Lucky sheā€™s got a few great friends she met through whoppers fan club of 3500 followers and some of them have been zooming with her to help ger get over this. Wonder if she will continue whoppers fan club with new cat Ollie?

Me I miss the little big guy too but the worse was watching him suffer the last few days especially

And taking him to be put down was a horrible horrible event but it had to be done

Hope Tammy doesnā€™t get PTSD from that

Lucky for her we have three stray cats for her to keep busy with
One we adopted aready as mentioned Ollie

Me? After Smudgey passed ten years ago that was tough and now whopper I would be happy to be pet less really

So much work and when they get sick and have to be put down itā€™s a horrible event

3 Likes

Oh hereā€™s a cute pic of whopper Kuching gendut with a little visitor Tammy was babysitting for the day a few years ago

ā€˜Pic removed due we owned the cat but not the child ā€˜

4 Likes

Missed this, really sorry to hear this Tommy.

1 Like

Ollie has solemnly agreed to take up his new position as official house cat

He understands he has big shoes to fill but he intends to do his utmost

He will never replace Whopper but he will be the best Ollie

6 Likes

Made by one of his IG fan club members

4 Likes