Tammy and tommy and kucing gendut's mini escapades

The hair pulling is a response to stress, which is aggravated by screaming and or scolding. More brushing, more gentleness will help. Maybe some Omega oil if you find a way to give it to him.

Remember both for you and Macro Kitty that weight loss is two fold, not only diet but also exercise. Just diet will make you lose in all the wrong places. More play will alos calm kitty down and leave him less prone to pull his hair.

Too fast weight loss in cats can cause blood poisoning by overpowering the liver. Please tell that to teh misus.

I guess he was up to 9.7kg when the little lady came back from Indo in mid OCT. Now the little furry one is down to 9.0kg. That is quite a weight drop in 45 days ! Perhaps a bit too much. The feed guide on my pack of ā€œfat catā€ diet specifies only a small 1/4 cup less then recommended for weight loss.

So I have been slipping him an extra 1/4 cup at night when the little lady is asleep. Because he is about 19.8 pounds now and one cup of that food is maintenance level for a 16 pound cat ! So clearly he should actually be getting one and a quarter cups. But I figure if he is getting one cup total, it should be ok.

The doc had him at 3/4 cups on his other fat cat diet and was considering reducing to 1/2 cup. This diet has slightly less fat then the docs recommended diet so she figured 3/4 cups is fine. And i am slipping him an extra 1/4.

I do agree, too much weight loss too fast is not healthy.

With his fewer pounds he has gotten a lot more energy. Able to walk much more without taking a break. Previously he would walk 15 steps and take a five min breather. Now he can walk half way round the complex before he stops for a five min breather.

And on that note I have been copying him and eating much less for lunch. And watching portions at dinner. And going to the gym 2 to 3 times a week for a light 40 min session. And have seen my weight go down from 101kg to 98kg :slight_smile:

Really need to be at 80kg though

Well no slipping of extra rations for the little tiger these days, after a near breakdown of communications (man that is a tuff long ass word huh?) over a few kernels of dried cat food between the little missy and myself. I was left questioning if getting married was the right thing for the ol tomster! I was asked to give him 15 kernels of cat grub (yes that is 15 tiny tiny pieces) and I gave him 16 kernels ! And that was near World War 3. What is up with womenfolk? I was nearly left questioning my very essence of being. Is that all my life is cooked up to be? Arguing over ONE tiny piece of cat food?

Lordy Lordy !

Anyway that has been resolved. I now give him EXACTLY the amount of tiny pieces the wife specifies. Its not a battle worth fighting for that is for sure. LOL. She will bust a valve if she knew i had been giving him 1/4 cup extra rations !!

And now Christmas rolls around again. Its Christmas EVE here and I am almost done Christmas shopping. Still have a few small presents to buy.

Last Christmas went over very well for the little lady. She very much enjoyed it. And that has led to her being the leader this year over getting presents ready for the big dinner tomorrow at my brothers house.

To be honest, Christmas gift giving has ceased to be fun for me for probably near two decades. Because i invariably (except for last year) got a bunch of stuff i have little use for and give out stuff that possibly others have little use for. But i must say my bro went out full bore last year and got us some pretty decent stuff. Tickets to Cirque du soleil for everyone (cept me and wife got a nite at nice B and B).

Sadly, I am not about to outdo him this year as my income has not increased !

I really must find some sort of ā€œrealā€ job. Where you actually get some earnings that matter !

Well that aside.

Wishing you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. And even more then money, may next year bring extra blessings to you and all you loved ones (the same wish I am wishing myself).

Will bore yaā€™ll with more mindless details after the din din tomorrow. STay tuned .

OH and , she has discovered a pretty nifty thing, the little lady. I have/had been concerned that the furry monster was not getting enough water in his system as he ages and possibly drinks less water then is good for him. I had been wanting to switch him over to canned food, with zero success.

And he wonā€™t eat any of that raw food stuff either.

Eating nothing but dry food will cause lack of water issues as he ages and drinks less.
But she has discovered that since she feeds him small amounts of food at a time, adding some water will not stop him from eating it. He gets a bit of water on his dry rations and since he is hungry he will eat them up immediately . Thus there is no time for the kernels to get all soggy (and then he wont eat them at all).

So this new methodology sees him drinking much more water a day now. And he is dropping chips twice a day now instead of one time a day and smaller pieces. So the ol digestive system is in better tune for sure.

I am taking that hint and attempting to drink more water (i just dislike the taste of water though). At least in the form of tea, which i can stand.

Yaā€™ll should possibly drink a wee bit more as well (water that is).

Merry Xmas to you too Tommy !

Feliz Navidad, Tommy. Blessings upon you and your family, wife and kitty and extended folk.

Tommy, take it from another woman. It is not about the kernel. It is the principle. She is training you.

Have you guys thought of getting a water fountain? That works pretty nicely.

Havenā€™t tried the fountain. Was wondering if the wife is essentially forcefeeding the little guy too much water?

There must be a point where too much water can be too much?

Have told her to add only few teaspoons of water to his feedings. I think shes giving him 200cc per 24 hours. Wonder if that is too much.

edit: if the following is to believed, then its not too much. Since he is 19 pounds that should mean about 16 fluid oz a day?? That seems a LOT. Something like 472cc a day? two cups? Seems a LOT.

Cats need about a cup of water (8 fluid ounces) per 8 to 10 pounds of body weight. If your cat eats only dry food, you need to be watchful of his fluid intake because his only source of liquid is the water bowl. (Cats who eat canned food get some liquid from their moist meals.)

1 US fluid ounce =
29.5735296 cubic centimeters

Happy Chrimbo Tommy.

I dunno how come your cat is so tough to feed. I chuck down a pouch of wet food twice a day. If he doesnā€™t eat it, tough shit. It sits there till he eats it. I leave out a saucer of water and refill it when it is empty. I assume he also gets water from puddles and frog/bird/mouse blood. I would have no idea how often he shits, thatā€™s his business. When he gets into fights I take him to the vet and patch him up. Pretty simple really. He seems to like this arrangement as he hasnā€™t fucked off, and never bites or scratches anyone.

I guess the trick is to treat pets like they are animals and not like they are people.

Flea control? Parasite medicine? Teeth cleaning? Fur brushing?

I do agree that cats should be respected as animals, and not subjected to being treated as people. Also, I gather yours also has a more varied diet consisting of small animals, which is richer in nutrients, water ā€¦ and parasites. But still better for his health, with the exercise hunting involves and all the stimulation from a richer environment. Anyways, ours are indoor only pets, and hereby lies the problem. Whooper at least gets controlled walks.

[quote=ā€œIconā€]Flea control? Parasite medicine? Teeth cleaning? Fur brushing?

I do agree that cats should be respected as animals, and not subjected to being treated as people. Also, I gather yours also has a more varied diet consisting of small animals, which is richer in nutrients, water ā€¦ and parasites. But still better for his health, with the exercise hunting involves and all the stimulation from a richer environment. Anyways, ours are indoor only pets, and hereby lies the problem. Whooper at least gets controlled walks.[/quote]

For fleas I use something called ā€˜headline,ā€™ I think. In the summer he gets the odd tick. Vet job. Iā€™ve never had his teeth cleaned. And Iā€™ve never brushed his fur. He never seems to leave hair anywhere. And his teeth look great. Bit of a mystery that one.

Icon you are spot on. The difference between indoor and outdoor cats is huge. Personally I would never have an indoor cat. It just seems too much like hard work. Plus cat shit trays. Eww.

I went downstairs just now and found the cat had ripped into his Christmas day treats. Silly sod. Now he has scoffed the lot. No breakfast for that lad today.

His teeth are great because heā€™s sharpening them against bones: birds, squirrels, etc.

As to the cat poop, there must be a not so happy neighbor or a not so fragrant spot in your gardenā€¦

Iā€™m guessing it gets eaten by foxes. Or rats.

[quote=ā€œsuperkingā€][quote=ā€œIconā€]Flea control? Parasite medicine? Teeth cleaning? Fur brushing?

I do agree that cats should be respected as animals, and not subjected to being treated as people. Also, I gather yours also has a more varied diet consisting of small animals, which is richer in nutrients, water ā€¦ and parasites. But still better for his health, with the exercise hunting involves and all the stimulation from a richer environment. Anyways, ours are indoor only pets, and hereby lies the problem. Whooper at least gets controlled walks.[/quote]

For fleas I use something called ā€˜headline,ā€™ I think. In the summer he gets the odd tick. Vet job. Iā€™ve never had his teeth cleaned. And Iā€™ve never brushed his fur. He never seems to leave hair anywhere. And his teeth look great. Bit of a mystery that one.

Icon you are spot on. The difference between indoor and outdoor cats is huge. Personally I would never have an indoor cat. It just seems too much like hard work. Plus cat shit trays. Eww.

I went downstairs just now and found the cat had ripped into his Christmas day treats. Silly sod. Now he has scoffed the lot. No breakfast for that lad today.[/quote]

They have different personalities. Our cat that we had from kittenhood was like yours. The old man, a rescue, was harder to deal with. It was really difficult to keep his weight down because he would eat the other catā€™s food and get really stressed and upset with low rations, perhaps cos he was mistreated before we had him. He refused to go outside, apart from the doorstep for sunbathing in July and August.

Merry Christmas and happy new year Mr and Mrs Tommy! Keep up the stories, always enjoy reading them :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œtommy525ā€]
Yaā€™ll should possibly drink a wee bit more as well (water that is).[/quote]

Thanks for the good advice Tommy, and merry Christmas to you, your lovely wife and the big fat cat. :santa: :candycane:

Thank you for your well wishes ! Much appreciated. I hope your Christmas was jolly and fun.

Fyi, last nights dinner went very well. My sister in law outdid herself once again with just the right number of dishes. Wellmade roast beef for the beef lovers and salmon (fresh not frozen) for non beef eaters. Some veggies (asparagus and a baked potato dish). The starter was very nice. Individual sized mashed potato dish with scallops and mushrooms (perhaps not the usual combo, but it worked). Similar to au gratin but with mashed rather then sliced potato. Chandon champagne or Gentleman Jack or red or white wine or italian soda as beverages. A super soft chocolate cake and vanilla icecream as a finisher. OF course, coffee or tea. The coffee she got from this well known roaster in Austin , TX. And it was certainly good. Mild, light flavored as opposed to all the mostly heavy stuff from Peetā€™s or Starbucks. And luckily the portions were all correct and there was NO left-overs. Which is great as who wants leftovers anyway?

Everyone liked her new 8 place table (which was just right for the 9 of usā€¦err not? Well actually one person came late, like after dinner so it worked out) made of solid African Mahogany made nearby in Pescadero . Which was (oddly enough) matched with chairs made by Amish people in Pennsylvania. Made with natural cherry wood. With an inch thick cushion attached of black fine grain leather. Well made and no doubt cost them a month or two of their salaries ! Too bad they didnā€™t get the new set of silverware in time to go with the new table. Next year.

We were not outdone presents wise. Tammy ordered some gift sets online from Lā€™Occitane that were of good value (ie not expensive thank God) and went over well, likewise some gift sets on sale at Body Shop, at the mall. In going with the over-all theme of gift giving last night. Everyone seems on the same page basically. I gave out some eau de toilette pour homme from Ferragamo and got some similar back. Brotherā€™s wife got the handbag she wanted from my bro and I gave my wife a handbag she had previously selected. Not bank breaking stuff luckily, well at least the bag I bought was not (insert smiling face).

Funnily, my bro and I each got a Car Emergency kit with jumper cables, and a tire pump and what not. I guess in recognizing that my car has 170,000 miles on it and my broā€™s truck has over 300,000 miles (ours are both 2003 vehicles so he has put quite a lot of miles on his).

I got a bottle of MOnkey Shoulder scotch. Which apparently is a blend of young scotch from a few well known distilleries. Itā€™s not bad.

All in all I was glad nobody went extravagant (like my bro did last year) on the gift giving this year. Because honestly we are all adults and this should just be a light gift giving - fun thing. Not wallet busting.

I gave my bro a nice Tommy Hilfiger watch (tommy get it? LOL). Which he liked. I happened upon this one and I thought ā€œhey that is so tommybro style a watch, I best get it for himā€.

Worked. Luckily he bikes a lot and is NOT into luxury watches. Seeing as he smashes up most of them eventually. He sticks with Skagen , Fossil and other nice-and-not-expensive watches. So the Tommy watch fit right in there.

Dark blue face with a dark blue rubber strap, with the 12, 3, 6 and 9 markers in relatively large numerals.

And now I need to get to work as Christmas is over.

Doggone, why canā€™t i just be a billionaire and go to work when I want to ONLY. Ah well, life as a peon.

Small small fish in a big big Ocean. I guess my worries are smaller though. I only have to find out who the heck continues to scratch up my car ! Got another scratch Christmas Eve. Surely this guy-who-hates-tommy has no Christmas spirit !

Letā€™s all have a drink to our good health and good fortune and give well wishes to those we love as well as those we perhaps donā€™t quite loveā€¦or even actually like !!

Spread the love. Try to disregard the minuses, like paying rentā€¦ ugh. and fending off car scratchers. Still its nicer then what I heard on the radio about people in SAn Francisco who are regularly getting their windows smashed by the homeless (presumably) searching for things to steal from the car. One guy has had his windows smashed numerous times this year alone and he puts nothing in his car. One gal said she put a sign saying there is nothing in the car and the next day her window got smashed. Maybe they should just leave their doors open? I guess I would if my windows were regularly being smashed. Every time I go to my car I have no idea what new scratches I may have gotten. Guess its good itā€™s not a Ferrari. One should count ones blessings.

Cheers !

stay tuned for a coupla pics. Maybe I might even put on one of me, if my PR manager can find one that is not too ugly or fat looking. :slight_smile:

Sounds lovely, Tommy. All the best for 2015!

I spent Xmas exploring a new city with good friends. Had a wonderful few days!

Hi Ermintrude

Thanks and best wishes to you in 2015 !!

I donā€™t think cats have personalities. I think they have degrees of training.

I donā€™t think any animal has a personality. But we have argued this begore. Grin.

Tommy, the other thing that comes across from your posts is that you do like to dress up a turd. Is that an American thing or a personal thing? :laughing:

[quote=ā€œsuperkingā€]I donā€™t think cats have personalities. I think they have degrees of training.

I donā€™t think any animal has a personality. But we have argued this begore. Grin.[/quote]

BIT hairsplitty in that whether they do or not has no effect on outcomes.