Tammy and tommy and kucing gendut's mini escapades

AB Uchi tries out mommy’s new shades

Mommy didn’t like them either. Will post 'nother pic of Gendut and a diff pair of shades when mommi cat texts them over to me.

That cat is really patient.

Neiman Marcus has a store in Walnut Creek (the chic-est town in the East Bay) that opened up bout 2 years ago if memory serves. I’ve only been in there 3 times including today. Once when it opened with a bud of mine (its all ladies stuff so I normally wouldn’t be in there anyway) just to see what it was like inside and to have a cup o’ coffee at their cafe on the second floor.

I’d been resisting taking the wife there because Neiman Marcus makes most people feel poor, and me feel destitute. It is the land of 400 dollar Fendi sunglasses, 4000 dollar Chanel bags 650 dollar Louboutin shoes and what not. I don’t want my wife in Macy’s a whole lot much less NM, the prince of Department Stores. Macy’s has a large store in Walnut Creek and so does Nordstrom. NM has a “cute” store, which although it covers a large piece of land right on Main Street, it is nicely laid out in a non-crowded manner. It is “non-threatening” , except for the price tags, which are very discreet (but mind blowing).

Anyway , i had taken the wife there just to enjoy their cafe last week and again today. The cafe on the second floor is very genteel. It is the epitome of cafe service. They serve light lunches there. And prices are not extreme. I would not say “cheap” but not extreme is about as affordable as one can say about anything in NM.

The service is first class. The staff are impeccable. They are used to serving well heeled clientele (and no doubt saw right through me, but i still tip well enough).

They start you off with a demitasse of their oh-so-good chicken consomme, gratis no less. As well as a superb pop-over, also gratis. Which is a large looking piece of bread that is all air inside basically so it all collapses, but it is awesome with their home made strawberry mousse .

She had the salmon which she liked but the mushroom on quinoa was too much to finish. Washed down with an excellent camomile tea that was made in France. I had a small pizza which , interesting enough came with a salad thrown on top? Unusual. But nonetheless quite good. It was simply lots of tomatos and goat cheese on a thin crust pizza. AS i said, tasty. The salad on top could have used a bit more dressing. It may have been only a decoration, but since it was there, i ate it , treating it like a salad. I’d never seen a pizza with a salad on top. But that may be because I am too proletariat.

My coffee was superb, to finish off our lunch. 55 including a 10 tip was to be expected.

I didn’t let her linger among the “goods” to be savored at that store and we ejected ourselves back to safety.
Maybe when i win the lotto we can smooze around there in that rarefied air.

Ha, yes he has become very good at “posing” for shots. Keeping very very still for a few seconds in each pose.

Short one this time. For those who are compelled to read but loathe the same :slight_smile:

Second driving class for Tammy. She missed one last week because she insisted on buying a pair of nice sunglasses. So I said she had to give up one lesson to get the glasses. Money may grow on trees but not on my tree.

So yesterday as agreed I would stay out of the car but follow her in my car (at a very good distance behind so as to not distract her). And wow. Has she improved from her first lesson !!

I was very impressed. She stayed in her lane, kept up to speed. She even went out onto a major road with 2 lanes each side and higher speeds on two occasions.

She went from Zero to Hero in two lessons basically. I am proud of her.

Since the instructor is the same guy. I said, next time I don’t even need to follow. You are doing just fine !

I tailed her for 3/4 way through (mostly to see how she looked from outside ) and then i headed home before she finished up her hour.

I am thinking of getting her a SMART (cheapest lease out there). It’s something like 99/month for 36 months with 999 down. It would be an easy car to drive. If you can’t drive a Smart, then basically you can’t drive anything.

And it is safe enough off freeways. Its like a 4 wheel motorcycle. I’ve driven one for two days and I thought it was a hoot.

It’s either that or the slightly more expensive (but probably nicer) Fiat 500.

A very sad personal milestone:

My Mom passed away on the 8th. She had been ill for some time. She did live to be 84 and that is an accomplishment. She was the person I loved the most in this life.

Say a little prayer for her in your prayers tonight. She will be sadly missed by her family.

Thank you for your kind thoughts for her and our family at her passing.

Here she is about a year before I was born:

In loving memory

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

My condolences, Tommy.

I am sorry to hear that Tommy. All the best to you.

Sorry to hear that Tommy she did a good job looking after her family well.

[quote=“tommy525”]A very sad personal milestone:

My Mom passed away on the 8th. She had been ill for some time. She did live to be 84 and that is an accomplishment. She was the person I loved the most in this life.

Say a little prayer for her in your prayers tonight. She will be sadly missed by her family.

In loving memory

[/quote]

My sincere condolences. That is a very lovely photo.

Truly sorry to hear about your loss, Tommy. Take care.

Sorry for your loss, Tommy.

“…The tide recedes but leaves behind
Bright seashells on the sand…”

[quote=“tommy525”]A very sad personal milestone:

In loving memory

[/quote]
Big hugs to you Tommy.

My condolences, Tommy. She looks like a classy lady.

Sorry to hear this sad news, Tommy. My condolences

My deepest condolances Tommy at this difficult time.

Many thanks to you all for your kind words. I have bouts of sadness of course, but shut it out by working and doing what I normally do. Why can’t we all stay permanently youthful and healthy and always be there? So even if we are apart, someday we can hang out again? I guess , and hope that is how things will be in heaven.

This post is for cat lovers : Don’t people take wayyyyyyyy too many pics of their cats or dogs? Yup I know we do.

The wifey no longer calls him Whopper (the name given him by his previous owners). Now he has all sorts of names. Funny he seems to know them all. His latest name is Monsieur ehBear, and she treats him like a teddy bear. The guy gets no rest when mommy’s home! The advantage of having a BIG cat.

ehbear is a better model then mommy . He can pose for shots and keep the same expression on mommy’s selfies:

image hosting free

post img

upload a picture

Meantime Indo food is helping me lose weight. That plus being careful what i eat and drink and going to the gym 3 times a week (30 mins only each time so no hardship).

Down from 44 waist to 42. Target is to get back to 38 waist when i left Taiwan.

Honestly just BEING in America makes you PHAT.

images hosting

Sorry, Tommy. Go and have another ‘escapade’, to take your mind off it?