Tattoos / tattoo / tattoing in Taiwan

Ya, I think I’ve seen 巫, too…

I want to get a Tattoo… but have almost given up as I can’t decide what to get…

Find myself in quite a quandry…

Cheers!

[quote=“daryl_ks”]I want to get a Tattoo… but have almost given up as I can’t decide what to get…

Find myself in quite a quandry… Cheers![/quote]

I wonder how long before this pic gets deleted along with some of the other tame pics I’ve posted… It’s not politically correct to have tatooed babies probably… even if that tats are fake :smiley: :smiley:

My friend is getting this one worked on. If he gets pissed about me putting it up I’ll take it down later :smiling_imp: .

He’s really into his tats and said he did a bunch a research before getting his done. This is from a dude out of Taizhong. I’ll have the whole work up (on my site :slight_smile:) when he’s done. There’s this pimp ass looking Japanese dude on his shoulder, but I didn’t get a picture of it. I was just messing around when I took this.

Hey what’s up all this will be my first post. Saw the tattoo topic and had to put in a word. My buddy and I were out walking in Taoyuen looking for a cell phone when we happened upon a small tattoo shop. We went in to check it out and found an absolutely amazing artist. The best work I’ve ever seen by far and miles ahead of western techniques. He has an amazing wall of snapshots of his work and book after book of original designs. I was just in on saturday for a six hour session to finish my sleave. This guy is a seamstress with the needle. You have to ask for breaks though or he’ll just keep on going. He and his wife are super friendly and he doesn’t mind if your friends come to watch. On saturday his wife even hooked us all up with free beer for the night! They speak almost no English but are super stoked to have you there. If you have ideas he’ll get his apprentice to sketch something up for you. His coverups and touchups are second to none I’d say and he will gladly do free touchups on his own work if you’re around that long. He’s at the corner of Jung Shan Lu and Jung Jeng Lu on the second floor kittty-corner to the temple next to a drink stand. You won’t be disapointed. Oh yeah and his prices are crazy low for the quality of work.

anyone else aware of the place Breaks28 is talking about?

I’ve only gotten one tattoo done in Taiwan. It turned out quite well. It does need to be touched up a bit, but that has nothing to do with the artist or quality, it’s the placement of where the piece is.

I don’t know where you’re at, but I know two really good tattoo artists in Taichung. Their a married couple who are very professional, cool and serious about what they do. I’m working with them right now on a new piece I want to get done. They travel out of Taiwan a lot going to international conventions, but they usually are not gone for too long. PM me if you want their number or address if you are in Taichung.
Peace

[quote=“Satellite TV”]
[/quote]

Hey! Where did you find my baby picture!?! :astonished:

I was a little more occidental, but dead on!

:s

Anything I should know about getting one here?

Dorito’s, I think, have free tattoos in the pack.

I was told a koi is the fish to avoid getting tattoed on unless you do want people running from you.

Theres a bunch of tat shops in ximen… I dont know anything about tats so I cant say… but it seems if you have one some older people will think you must be gangs or something…

I want to get one too. Maybe we’ll get a discount if we get more people together. Think so ma?

I don’t know. I can’t see where you’re pointing. :wink:
I’d like one, but it would have to be at least a half-sleeve with the chest and back before I’d consider it, which would make it too expensive and painful for me.

I want a toe tattoo or two too!

Sandy, it’s not that painful if it’s on your back. Maybe you should join the Taipei Tattoo convention next year. They always like to find people to do stuff on, as that’s part of the show. Any tattoo you have done is also pretty cheap at that show.
You have to decide what kind of style you like, e.g. Jay at the tattoo place at The Wall is pretty good at sketching and drawing. He doesn’t draw it on the skin first, but just basically draws like he does in his sketch books. The guy that did mine is more of a graphic artist type…lots of detail, and he drew the whole thing first.
I spent ages looking at different pics, checking out the exact way the guys did their lines, colours, etc.
I kind of remember putting a bunch of addresses up here before.

Here it is la!
Thought everything I was saying sounded familiar… :smiley:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … too#376790

Check out this guy…he was at the tattoo convention this year too. I found his site earlier this month when I was looking for info about this year’s convention. He teaches tattoo classes! Wow!

pbase.com/bonfas/shefu

edit…This guy looked pretty good too. He helped me to put in a new bigger piercing once. The place is really more professional than the little Hsimen backstreets. Also he has been overseas somewhere and speaks English amongst other things. Click on the links on the left…he has photos up of tattoos and of his shop. I was on a real hospital bed to do the piercing, and everything is really clean.
He has loads of tat photo albums too, although how anybody could choose a tat off the back of another is beyond me. This one is near Sogo if I remember correctly. Give him a call maybe.

taipei-tattoo.com.tw/home.htm

Thanks for the help guys.

How long does a tattoo generally take to heal?

They’re some danger of Chinglish here. Be careful when you ask Shefu Tsai to tattoo a saying in English:

noise of the moment scoffs at the music of eternal

It’s from an Indian poem. A more correct translation would be:

"The noise of the moment scoffs
at the music of the Eternal.

• Rabindranath Tagore. "

They have to live with it, not me! The quality of the tattoos on his site is very high. Technique has a lot to do with the quality of a tattoo, and judging by the pictures Shefu Tsai knows the correct technique.

Why would you ask your tattoo artist to translate anything for you anyways? It’s best to just go there with the design you want and they just copy it. Get an artist friend to make a nice one for you. Sometimes a good tattoo artist will suggest ways to make it look better though, like mine did (I wanted it really black, he did it with more shading, saying that he would do it my way if I didn’t like his interpretation, and his rocked!). But I wouldn’t let him mess around with actual content of text. Design, yes. Content, no.

I’m shocked at how non-creative some people are with tattoos (unless it is done in a specific style, like those whole back/sleeve Chinese tattoos). I saw a cool site a while ago where this one artist did a whole range on people of different kinds of furniture designs. It looked really good. I would love to do tattoos (I see he offers classes!), but the problem is that I would want to do my own thing (artistically). I would just die if anybody asked me to do Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, a rose/dragon/butterfly done in a completely traditional design. WTF?!