Tell me about your experience living in Shenzhen

I think that’s enough pics now! Yes, they’ve done a nice job with greening the thoroughfares. I’m wondering if people from Hong Kong were involved. It’s a lot more professionally planned and looked after than Taipei for instance. They care about the appearance of their city and that’s a good thing for locals and foreigners alike.

Um, Dalianon, it’s nice of you to share and all, but it’s too hard for people to load the page when there are that many pics. Why not just choose the best few? :wink:

too many pics! please make it stop!

(Dalionon, hit the edit button in each of your posts and remove all but three pics. Nobody really cares that much about SZ, and we can find all the pics we want on some bing site if we’re keen)

Please do this, before I do it for you.

So quoting each of his posts to comment on the pictures would be a no no?

I will hunt you to the ends of the earth if you do that! :raspberry: :wink:

[quote=“SerpentChina”]Bloody awesome pictures mate!

Guess I was just there at the wrong time (first impressions and all that).
I have hundreds of awesome pictures of Shenzhen, but I won’t bother posting them unless anyone wants to see them.[/quote]You will only see blue skies in Taipei once a month. I don’t know about the pollution but the humidity makes it a miserable place. The chances of you seeing 2km away is much higher in SZ than TP. If you want fresh air, go to Hainan.

Odds are we’re going to be moving to Changping in Dongguan next to Shenzhen come September…anybody got any experience with that little place?

I’ve been trawling the internet, and while there’s a wealth of very detailed hooker reviews around there’s not really any info on living there.

[quote=“tsukinodeynatsu”]Odds are we’re going to be moving to Changping in Dongguan next to Shenzhen come September…anybody got any experience with that little place?

I’ve been trawling the internet, and while there’s a wealth of very detailed hooker reviews around there’s not really any info on living there.[/quote]

I was in Dongguan about 13 years ago. I liked it a lot, but I was a teenager and it was my first time in China…I might be able to dig up some old pictures…

Interesting thread.
makes me think about my time in both china and taiwan.

I liked my first time in china more than taiwan. But now i cant think of any reason to live in china over taiwan. Its simply a better place on every level imo.

I think the interesting things about china such as how crazy it is and standing out as a forigner will wear off if you have any common sense… and whats left? A crappier version of taiwan.