šŸŽ¾ Tennis | Tennis In Taipei!

The Hua Zhong He Bing Park has a bunch of empty courts. Iā€™ve gone there the past 2 weekends and there were two old dudes playing and one dude hitting the wall, perhaps waiting for a partner.

hi guys where do you guys go to buy tennis balls? if there an online site that sells them cheaper? also is there some chain store sporting goods that can string your racquets? I am in Kaohsiung so hopefully they also got a store here. thanks

Hey everybody,

Iā€™m new to Taipei and would love to have a hit soon. My schedule is flexible and Iā€™m quite free on weekdays. Looking at the forecast, it might be relatively nice (finally not raining!) this thursday and friday. Anybody up for a spontaneous hit? Iā€™m a fair/intermediate player just looking to rally, get a work out, and enjoy hitting some tennis balls. I live in Daā€™an, but Iā€™m happy to meet wherever is convenient. PM me if youā€™re interested.

Cheers.

Hello
Happy New Year.
Iā€™m new to Taipei and will work here for a few months.
Would like to have some friend(s) for tennis in the evenings and/or at weekends.
About me: male, intermediate level. staying in DaAn, willing to go anywhere in Taipei for tennis:
Please PM me or email to lionheartluckytree@gmail.com
Thanks

Where is Hua Zhonghe Bing Park? I would love free empty courts! Didnā€™t think that was possible in Taipei.

[googlemaps]25.015812,121.493425[/googlemaps]

Awesome! Thanks a lot

I checked out those courts and have played there a few times. Thanks Kaikai34.

Iā€™m an average player with a horrid forehand and crawling second serve. Iā€™ll be playing tennis at 5 p.m. on Friday afternoons if anyone is interested, please contact me at michaeltholbrook@gmail.com

Hello, everyone! I am a tennis addict in Singapore and have been playing regularly (2-3 times per week) for about 8 years. I would consider myself an intermediate player. I will be in Taiwan from 16/9/2013 to 22/11/2013 (job attachment) so I am afraid that I canā€™t play tennis. Kindly give me your contact email or email me at along0910@gmail.com
so that I will have tennis kakis when I am there. I look forward to regular tennis in my stay there. Will confirm my location but mainly around Taipei/ Yilan/ area. Thanks.

Looking for group tennis instruction, preferably in English, in Neihu district of Taipei. Private lessons are too pricey at the moment. Anyone knows of a club or anything similar?
Thanks.

Hi! Please call me if you need tennis kaki! We can play! My schedule:
5/10 -6/10 , 11/10-13/10- near nanjing east road, Taipei (I can travel)
7/10-10/10- Taichung, nantun district
21/10-25/10- hualien near train station
Please call me at my hand phone number which I will use on 4/10 . 0983891003 thanks for reading.

Hi,

I am currently visiting Taiwan and I am looking for someone to play tennis with in the taipei area, please reply if you are interested. Since I am on vacation so I am kind of flexible with days/times.

Thanks.

Hello all,

I am in Taipei for several months and Iā€™d like to play some tennis. Iā€™m busy weekdays until evening but my weekends are relatively free. If anybody is interested send me a message please.
PS Iā€™m a bit rusty and out of shape at the moment, but hopefully nothing a few sessions of tennis can fix eh?

Cheers

Hi,

Iā€™m looking for a hitting partner on weekends, preferably in taipei city but happy to travel out to new taipei city if courts are more accessible there. Iā€™m male, 35, USTA rating 4.0 and looking for someone (male or female) who hits groundstrokes with pace

Drop me an email at w.tan.00@cantab.net if youā€™d like to connect

thanks!

The thread says in Taipei but as a newbie here I wonder whatā€™s it like getting a court in other cities like Taichung? How do the Taiwanese feel about the game? I am a college level player but about 17 years removed. Still hit with decent pace and serve without fear. Once I get settled, havenā€™t even decided where to settle yet, I want to get back into a regular routine of twice a week if schedules allow. Is this a pipe dream as an English teacher? Other teachers out there play in remote locations? Iā€™m planning on NOT staying in Taipei so I can save some money.

Hi, anyone interested in playing weekday mornings in Tianmu Park/By baseball stadium? I am somewhere between an adv beginner-intermediate.
Would love to just rally if there is interest.
Please send me a private message if you can.

Hi anyone interested in playing near NTU. Iā€™m just up for some casual rallies, nothing competitive.

Also anyone know where to find coaching or a tennis club? Thanks

[quote=ā€œmangomangoā€]Hi anyone interested in playing near NTU. Iā€™m just up for some casual rallies, nothing competitive.

Also anyone know where to find coaching or a tennis club? Thanks[/quote]

You need to get a membership to play inside NTU. Iā€™ve snuck on and played a couple of games but quickly got booted.

Hi,

Have you find tennis partner or group?
I would like to join. Prefer on weekend. Taipei area.

I benchmark myself, and Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m on 3.5-4.0 level, with 10 years occasional tennis experience.
Male 31y

[quote=ā€œkaikai34ā€][quote=ā€œmangomangoā€]Hi anyone interested in playing near NTU. Iā€™m just up for some casual rallies, nothing competitive.

Also anyone know where to find coaching or a tennis club? Thanks[/quote]

You need to get a membership to play inside NTU. Iā€™ve snuck on and played a couple of games but quickly got booted.[/quote]

Iā€™m a student at ntu. I think Iā€™m able to book courts with a small fee :slight_smile: