Texas Roadhouse vs Gordon Beirsch

This is a debate that needs to be had. Which has the better steaks? Or, more importantly, since we’re in Taiwan and everyone is cheap: which has better value?

I’ve kinda eaten different items at each restaurant so I can’t compare directly, but I’ve always had a better meal at Texas Roadhouse here in Taipei…

Both are horrible. Don’t put Texas in Texas road house when you can’t back it up.

Don’t know about Texas but I liked Texas Roadhouse every time I went. My few times at GB it seems more like a Friday’s type of deal.

Don’t know about steak, if I want a steak I’ll cook it.

Yeah, and TBH I probably like Friday’s (gasp) more than GB for food.

Both are just chains so meh no reason to compare the food. Atmosphere, comfort, ease of access, beer, convenience, etc are more distinguishable. GB has good membership benefits with big discounts if you go a lot and care about those things.

One of the better steaks that I’ve had here was at Le Blanc. https://www.facebook.com/leblanctaipei/

2 Likes

I haven’t tried it but perhaps at Yuanshan Maji2. I’ve seen people ordering the giant cutting boards of meat. It looks good.

Agreed. But Gordon was worst for me because of the bad service. I am spoiled by more on point ones, heck, even Chillis or Fridays’ RIP.

This is like…Friday’s vs Chili’s or Taco Bell vs El Pollo Loco or something.

You hate to love them. It’s never your first choice for places to eat, but if you had only these two choices, where would you go, right OP?

My vote goes to Texas Roadhouse. The 2-3 experiences I had at GB were good, service wasn’t bad, but slow. The major difference is the free sides you get at Texas Roadhouse…dat bread.

Their dancing sucks! :banana:

Do they have the cinnamon honey butter like in the states?!

I don’t really eat steak, so can’t speak to that.

Generally I prefer Gordon Biersch because of the beer, and a broader range of dishes on the menu. I’ve only been to Texas Roadhouse once, and their menu didn’t appeal to me as much, although I enjoyed what I ordered.

GB is definitely my favourite of the “big range of North American food” places in town. Their lunch specials can be good too - free dessert included, but a somewhat limited menu, and they seem to keep taking my favorites off that limited lunch menu.

I don’t know what kind of bread it is, but it looks like this, it’s unlimited and it’s delishhhh

If I have to go to this kind of place. I would go to Fridays. I like the atmosphere. I feel like Texas Roadhouse doesn’t feel authentic making it seem Texan lol

Never ate at Gordon Beirsch, and only been to Texas Roadhouse in the US. At least in regards to the US locations, Texas Roadhouse has some pretty good food but the steak isn’t phenomenal. Although it’s nice to hand pick which steak I want.

In regards to Taiwan, it’s not an option but I had an awesome steak at Noble Steakhouse in Taitung. Full sized imported T bone steak for $500 and full of flavor. Really was satisfying after an entire day of cycling.

http://www.noble.com.tw

I’m talking 'bout what’s in the black dish next to the bread. That little ball of goodness is the cinnamon honey butter!

Is it still the case with Texas Roadhouse that they don’t take reservations, and you need to show up and wait for up to an hour for a table? I’ve wanted to go with friends a couple of times, but have been put off by having to wait. At least with GB I can ring up and reserve a table…

dat bread and dem rattle snake bites

Love Le Blanc! Unlimited fries and sparkling water, the prices are very reasonable too.

2 Likes