Thailand: Koh Chang?

Hi,

Looking for any feedback or helpful info about the island of Koh Chang. Accomodations, transportation, activities, restaurants, etc.

Thanks.

wife and i were there some three yeras ago. it was growing … the first cement “hotel” was going up at the time on the far side, where people go to “get away from it all”. :s

was a great place. getting off the boat - jump in the back of a pickup, and they’ll drop you off on the far side. i believe we stayed at lonely beach. if you are willing to walk quite a ways past the drop off point (siam bay resort), it got pretty lonely … but that’s what we were looking for.

you may find yourself hiking back along the beach from time to time. you could rent a scooter by the day if you want to explore (a day or two) and there are good restaurants with cheap food at most of the hotels. if you are looking to stay for cheap, i think we paid something like $3 a night for a bungalow. from looking at this page (map)

kochangvr.com/kochangmap/kohchangmaps.htm

there were also some really nice places that we were going to go back and stay in. haven’t made it yet. :frowning:

have a look at the rest of that site, and there’s a lot on the net as well. have fun.