The BEST chocolate

Or the Terravita that’s been around?

We need a chocolate thread. Recently I am just consumed by Ritter’s whole hazelnut with milk chocolate. Very yummy and 2 bucks for 100g at Trader Joes. Better then Toblerone.

Than. Better than Toblerone. I’ve always found Toblerone kind of “meh.” I haven’t even heard of Ritter’s chocolate. You want to send me some so I can do my own research?

You can get it at 7-11 now. 79 bucks. Good.

How about Cadbury’s being taken over by, [shudder], Kraft?
North American chocolate is an abomination. The Euros make the best, most especially the British and the Germans.
I am currently fixated on Cadbury’s Twirl, which I get my aunts to mail from Blighty.

The current state of Chocolate in Taiwan is a shock to the system. How is that we are inundated with Snickers crap, and one can’t find a single Mars bar?

Ritter is German and very good. 2 bucks a shot (100g) is not bad. Try Trader Joes housecat. Also the other supermarkets like SAfeways and Target have em too.

There is only one good chocolate that’s worth to be named chocolate … Belgian Chocolate :ohreally: :whistle:

Yes the Belgian made SEA SHELL chocolates are extremely rich and wonderful. Im trying to remember the name here…

OH here it is GUYLIAN . sooo yummy

amazon.com/Guylian-Belgian-C … B0026NLHDI

hard to get here in the bay area. Or at least not common at all. But they have em in Taiwan. I just LOVE em.

Never heard of Trader Joes, or his housecat. No Safeway or Target here. Only two grocers in town. Tripple price Food Giant on the “good” side of town, or never know what’s for sale this week, but it’s off brand and cheap Gunns on the other side.

God help me.

For the first time in 10 years Tommy starts a thread that won’t be temped, AND HE TEMPS IT HIMSELF! :unamused:

It may have escaped your attention your honor that the said tommy has been starting all his threads in temp for quite some time to save the anguish of his handlers.

Never heard of Trader Joes, or his housecat. No Safeway or Target here. Only two grocers in town. Tripple price Food Giant on the “good” side of town, or never know what’s for sale this week, but it’s off brand and cheap Gunns on the other side.

God help me.[/quote]

You have got to move to a larger town than the 2 horse and one buggy town you live in now senorita housecat.

I had an outstanding german one from wellcome the other day but stupidly didn’t check the name. it had little pieces of mint in it like. have to try to find it again

I bet I have a stash of that very stuff in my desk at work. It’s awsome, but I can’t think of the name. Square of chocolate topped with white chocolate with little red bits of peppermint?

Nope, it was a regular flat thin bar of dark chocolate, with some kind of crunchy mint bits in it. it was one of those fancy department store wellcomes, have to look next time i’m in one

Mint Aeros are very nice.

I believe that Mars bars were banned on the grounds of being an outrage to public decency shortly after the Marianne Faithfull incident, and the legislative yuan are still in the process of debating possible decriminalisation.

As mod of the temp forum can’t you move it into a permanent forum?

[quote=“tomthorne”]Mint Aeros are very nice, go surprisingly well with dark rum.

I believe that Mars bars were banned on the grounds of being an outrage to public decency shortly after the Marianne Faithfull incident, and the legislative yuan are still in the process of debating possible decriminalisation.[/quote]

After Eight Mints. Also very good.

Is that anything like the “after eight beers” effect?