The CSB culpability (or not) thread

Well, the island it barely recognizes is one of their biggest allies in keeping the Pacific on their own sphere. Maybe if Taiwan was in another place, things would be different, but right now, it is as important as you can imagine for all the strategy of US. And Taiwan alone can make the world economy stumble, just by sinking the IT one.

And that’s the power that the people of Taiwan are trying to take away from CSB.

Because why should the world stumble over some idiotic political idealogy that not even all of Taiwan agrees with.
Not even all of Taiwan even understands what CSB is saying anymore.

What kind of democracy is Taiwan, if the leadership refuses to be questioned and speaks in a language only a small fraction fully understands.

[quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“Hobart”]especially when it is working in your favor as it is with the Pro-Unificationist crowd.
[/quote]

:no-no: Please don’t label me with that word :fume: It most certainly does not describe my political views accurately.[/quote]

I have to admit that I too confuse you with that group occasionally, because like that group, your posts…

a) are almost always negative about anything about Taiwan unless there is sarcasm involved
b) always relate that practically everyone you meet except for Soong, Lien, or any of the pan Blues either suck or are stupid
c) always ratting on the pan Greens doesn’t matter how small it is
d) practically never suggesting anything positive or constructive on what could be done to help Taiwan.

although…

e) you don’t often join in on the CCP/PanBlue “Post Tag Team” in which we see like 6 posts, with the mandatory reposts to follow up half the threads here.

So yeah, if a few people here think you’re unificationist, then boo hoo. I mean when was the last time we saw a positive post about Taiwan posted from our Chinese Communist Party or Pan Blue friends?

[quote=“ac_dropout”]And that’s the power that the people of Taiwan are trying to take away from CSB.

Because why should the world stumble over some idiotic political idealogy that not even all of Taiwan agrees with.
Not even all of Taiwan even understands what CSB is saying anymore.

What kind of democracy is Taiwan, if the leadership refuses to be questioned and speaks in a language only a small fraction fully understands.[/quote]

Well, well, the small fraction is a big number over here you know.
And why should CSB be questioned? To say what? Maybe some journalist would make a completelly stupid question like they do it too often over here:

• Mr President, is Chao using boxers or slippers today?
  • Mr President, Ma sayd you should have a horrible political death, any comments?
  • Mr President, did the SOGO coupons came in a trailer or in some dozen Varicas?
  • Mr President, who do you think will win the World Cup?
  • Mr President, did you had oral sex with the woman who showed up dead in the City Hall?

Are you sure you don’t want to move to mainland China, mr_boogie? Your political arguments seem very familiar, today.

So you believe that democratic leadership need not be transparent nor does it need to give feedback to the public that elected them.

CSB can do whatever he pleases as President of ROC without opposition. Thank goodness the rest of Taiwan doesn’t think that way.

Textbook example of simple-mindedness.

[quote=“ShrimpCrackers”][quote=“Chewycorns”][quote=“Hobart”]especially when it is working in your favor as it is with the Pro-Unificationist crowd.
[/quote]

:no-no: Please don’t label me with that word :fume: It most certainly does not describe my political views accurately.[/quote]

I have to admit that I too confuse you with that group occasionally, because like that group, your posts…

a) are almost always negative about anything about Taiwan unless there is sarcasm involved
b) always relate that practically everyone you meet except for Soong, Lien, or any of the pan Blues either suck or are stupid
c) always ratting on the pan Greens doesn’t matter how small it is
d) practically never suggesting anything positive or constructive on what could be done to help Taiwan.

although…

e) you don’t often join in on the CCP/PanBlue “Post Tag Team” in which we see like 6 posts, with the mandatory reposts to follow up half the threads here.

So yeah, if a few people here think you’re unificationist, then boo hoo. I mean when was the last time we saw a positive post about Taiwan posted from our Chinese Communist Party or Pan Blue friends?[/quote]

You are confused, again…

What does it mean to post something “negative” about Taiwan?
According to you anything not excessively green or pro-independence is anti-Taiwan, CCP, pan-red, CCP agent, communist or whatever garbage phrases you think of.

Since you haven’t noticed, its not offensive to be labeled pro-China (or CCP for that matter), especially when its coming from you.

Really? How so? This week the US is holding VERY large military exercises off Guam. Military officials from the region, including from China, were invited to attend and witness. I don’t think anyone from Taiwan was present.

Please explain how Taiwan is important for US strategy.

The PRC is communist in name only. Its economy is all capitalist. Just because it’s authoritarian doesn’t mean it’s communist.

Not any different from the martial law era in Taiwan or the authoritarian era in South Korea from 1955-1989. Are you going to call the South Korean leaders who presided over South Korea’s authoritarian period communist?

Hardly so if you ask me.

If anyone has earned the privilege to complain about Taiwan it is me. I worked 12- hour days for three years in Taiwan’s international development ministry for a coolie’s wage trying to improve the ministry’s annual reports, book publications, letter writing to overseas missions and international organizations etc. I didn’t have to do this. I could have been sailing on my parent’s boat, lying on the beach in Hawaii, or working for friends in London. Despite hard work, excellent evaluations, and above all, excellent results, I was screwed over royally by Tainan lawyers and boy-scout appointees – who didn’t even have the decency to thank me for busting my ass for three years when I was forced out. I definitely have the right to criticize people in government.

My beliefs are easily summarized:

1. Self-determination for Taiwan
  2. Protection of democracy
  3. Strong economic ties with China, India etc.
  4. Internationalism and clean government

I respect able-bodied technocrats of all political colors. I do have an issue with racist political appointees that treat foreigners in an illegal manner and who are piss-poor administrators. Again, when people at the organization had to give back their annual bonuses over a financial fuck-up, was anyone punished? Nope. Protect their own, even when it involves poor work. That is the slogan for Taiwan’s government — blue or green.

For all their bullshit slogans about human rights, I was treated worse than a coolie working on the railroard in the 19th Century. Shame on Taiwan’s government.

I’m trying to sell Communism to the readers of this forum. In fact, I’m thinking about making it a multi-level marketing scheme. Sell two copies of Marx’ writings and one of Mao’s Little Red Book, and you qualify for an autographed photo of Lenin. For every Communist activist that you create, you get to keep 10% of the profits they generate.

They didn’t hang you over a basket with a stick of dynamite to blow a hole in a mountain or what is called “A Chinaman’s chance”

But hey, if you hate the current administration, power to you brother. :laughing:

Yea, a similar comment occurred to me, ac_dropout. I’m all for a little bombastic rhetoric now and then… but I hope Chewycorns doesn’t really think his work experience was actually equivalent to that of the coolies.

They didn’t hang you over a basket with a stick of dynamite to blow a hole in a mountain or what is called “A Chinaman’s chance”

But hey, if you hate the current administration, power to you brother. :laughing:[/quote]

:laughing: No, but they did FORCE me to work for hundreds of hours illegally at lunch on special assignments. Whether its blowing up a mountain with dynamite in the 19th Century or being forced to work continuously at lunch for long periods of time (when all the lazy bastards are having their naps), they are both very bad for the health of workers. :smiley:

Did they feed you sushi? I keep hearing about the lavished sushi lunches in the news. Any truth to them?

If they fed me sushi with a naked girl as a platter with soy sauce in her navel, I work through lunch illegally for 3 years.

I never understood nap time in the Taiwan workforce either.

[quote=“CSB Ate My Hamster”][color=blue] *** Mod’s Note: This thread was split from the TP thread entitled “Politically Loaded Terms…” ***[/color]

So what did he do? Hardly anything has changed. Still called the ROC, same flag with the KMT mark on it and same national anthem singing about China. Nothing changed. The relationship with the USA is as good as it has ever been. [/quote]

Surely you mean “bad”?

And you believe this is how they really feel? You have got to be trolling.

This is called “politics”.

Like the Soviet Union, for example. And Pakistan. I am struggling to think of who China’s “enemies” are. I don’t, for example, think China and America are natural enemies.

At least Ma has a brain.

Heard this so many times. So I’ll call you on this. Let’s have the names of the bills, the dates introduced by the government, and the voting records. Or withdraw that statement.

Has it occurred to you that new legislation is not actually required to make Taiwan work? Have you considered the possibility that the DPP is introducing new legislation in the full knowledge that it will be rejected by the KMT, and using that as an excuse for inaction?

An organisation that actually cared about running the country would work with the legislation it has, and use its considerable executive powers to order government agencies to work within the ample and sensible legal framework already in place. As is the case in so many banana republics, it is not a lack of law that is the problem (China has more laws than it knows what to do with) but a lack of will to enforce them.

What utter tosh. Really. And irrelevant. Taiwan’s not a bloody democracy anyway, it’s a republic, and if you don’t know the difference go and look it up. There is supposed to be a constitution and the rule of law. It’s not just “make it up as you go along” and endless opinion polls and aping Lee Teng-hui’s “Ongen Dai Wan Lang…” speeches. (CSB’s Mandarin used to be quite good, he’s deliberately let it slide to impress the people for whom ignorance is a virtue. Please also note, that in the style of all Chinese Mandarins down through the millenia, CSB says very little, but when he writes, he writes in pseudo-classical Chinese. In China, power does not speak, it writes. He was caught out on this in an op-ed in the Apple Daily which made a mockery of his recent rebuttal of Certain Criticisms. Ha. Tai Da lawyer indeed. Any first year law student at Bumfuck Polytech could run rings around you in a courtroom. Have you ever been in a courtroom? Have you ever actually been involved in a debate?).

I met plenty of DPP chaps living (albiet grudgingly) in Shanghai under the brutal heel of communism in luxurious high rise flights in Gubei and Hongqiao, roughing it under the jackboot of tyranny with two maids, a driver, lots of cash, and weekends whoring and drinking in a style that would embarrass Tainan’s finest. Bloody communists. They’re just no fun. (Oh, yes, Mr General Secretary, sorry. Which one would you like? Fine choice, sir. Wenzhou girls are indeed the best! Chin-chin!)

This is a place where entrance is dependent solely on how much mind-numbing crap you can remember, and where, once in, you do sweet FA for four years except memorise (badly) some more turgid crap that will be of no use to man nor beast when you get out, let alone help you assist a client. Ever been represented by a “lawyer” in Taiwan? The definition of “lawyer” in Taiwan is so far away from the sort of lawyers we know that it shouldn’t even be the same word. Good lawyers here are good despite, not because of, their legal “education”.

Good God man, are you having a wank?

Tittter. Giggle. I’ll see your Chen’s Tai Da law degree, and raise you Ma’s Harvard one.

Not half as silly as you supporting someone because he’s ugly. Where have you discussed substantive issues of policy and government action? I missed that. Still waiting BTW for the stats on legislation. As you made the comment that the KMT are preventing CSB from doing anything because they control the legislature, the stats must be at your fingertips. Do share.

Er, sorry, this is a Taiwan-related forum. The Do Not Criticise The Leaders thread must be in some PRC forum or other. Enjoy.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Did they feed you sushi? I keep hearing about the lavished sushi lunches in the news. Any truth to them?

If they fed me sushi with a naked girl as a platter with soy sauce in her navel, I work through lunch illegally for 3 years.

I never understood nap time in the Taiwan workforce either.[/quote]

No free lunch box for me :laughing: And given their cheapness towards foreigners (no overseas trips, professional development etc.), I can guarantee you it wouldn’t be sushi but rather “macaroni and cheese.” Any way you cut it – stinky.

The current head of English publications wrote a technical appraisal report on a manufacturing project in Honduras a few years ago. It had sentence structure equivalent to a Dr. Seuss book. And I’m supposed to be impressed by NTU science grads? :laughing: :laughing:

Er, sorry, this is a Taiwan-related forum. The Do Not Criticise The Leaders thread must be in some PRC forum or other. Enjoy.[/quote]
Unaware how poking fun with the mischievious intend to made a mockery of a President turns out to "Do Not criticize’?

Er, sorry, this is a Taiwan-related forum. The Do Not Criticise The Leaders thread must be in some PRC forum or other. Enjoy.[/quote]
Unaware how poking fun with the mischievious intend to made a mockery of a President turns out to "Do Not criticize’?
–[/quote]

My apologies. I did not dictate the sarcasm. I usually do. Oops. :blush: