The EU death watch thread

[quote=“Winston Smith”]
Not to mention the lack of a navy to get them across the Medi . . . Meditterr . . . Meditarian . . . oh, forget it.[/quote]
They seem to be managing.

They also seem to be skipping Greece. Except for Leros.

A divider is a unifier… for the opposition:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/ … fugee-plan

[quote]Eastern European nations are toughening their opposition to German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s plan to force them to take in refugees, arguing that the European Union’s immigration policies may have aided last week’s terrorist attacks in Paris.
[/quote]

I’m old enough to remember when Merkel wasn’t stubbornly stupid. I guess she forgot her own limitations. Great leaders eventually run off the rails when they’re in power too long. It’s human nature. That’s why we have term limits. Cancel a show when it starts to run out of steam so it can be remembered fondly and none of the reruns suck.

Merkel has just jumped the shark atop Schengen. They should make a motorcycle with that name. Market it with an ad campaign featuring Merkel and The Fonz. Neither one is cool anymore though.

In deed Merkels 10th year of chancellery and the accompanying raving madness is a good argument for a 2-term limit for German chancellors.

Fear itself:

washingtontimes.com/news/201 … -to-secur/

[quote]Organizers have cancelled a “March against Fear” set for Sunday afternoon in Brussels after Belgian authorities asked them to postpone the event due to security concerns.

The rally was organized to encourage solidarity in response to the deadly terrorist attacks in Brussels on Tuesday that killed 31 people and injured hundreds more.

Organizers had said the march would show that Brussels and the country at large refused to be intimidated by terrorism.[/quote]

It’s hard to show something that isn’t so.

Getting back, for a moment, to the actual topic of this thread, I’ve lately had a conversation with a few UK friends about the “Brexit.” The vote for that is coming up fairly soon, June 23. Those of you not familiar with the term might want to read up a bit on the background:

Brexit

My guess is that the UK will vote to stay in the EU, but with great reluctance. However, a few terrorist attacks on the UK by recent migrants could sway public opinion dramatically.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 … ds-now-wa/

[quote]Voters in France, Italy and the Netherlands are demanding their own votes on European Union membership and the euro, as the continent faces a “contagion” of referendums.

EU leaders fear a string of copycat polls could tear the organisation apart, as leaders come under pressure to emulate David Cameron and hold votes.

It came as German business leaders handed a considerable boost to the Leave campaign by saying it would be “very, very foolish” to deny the UK a free trade deal after Brexit.[/quote]

[quote]In France, Marine Le Pen, the Front National leader, last night called for France to have its own referendum on the “decaying” EU. “I would vote for Brexit, even if I think that France has a thousand more reasons to leave than the UK,” she said.

In the Netherlands, polls show a majority of voters want a referendum on membership, and voters are evenly split over whether to stay or go.[/quote]

The English were into leaving the EU before leaving the EU was cool.

It’s not so much a matter of who wants to exit. Now it’s a matter of who doesn’t. Denmark, Sweden, the Netherlands, France, Italy, Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Greece. I’ve heard all of these thrown around. It’s glorious that so many ordinary Europeans are finally brave enough to consider throwing off the shackles of tyranny. Once again, it took the English to lead the world in saving civilisation. Of course, it’s also telling that the usual people claiming to support the little guy are letting their true colours (i.e. contempt) show. So much hate and fear mongering from those on the wrong side of history who support the 1% and undemocratic institutions over the ordinary people. Sad, really.

Speaking of who doesn’t want to exit…

thelocal.de/20160625/germany … pe-from-us

[quote]German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said on Saturday that the EU would weather the shock of the British vote to leave the union as he convened crisis talks.

“I am confident that these countries can also send a message that we won’t let anyone take Europe from us,” he said heading into a meeting in Berlin of his counterparts from the EU’s six founding members.[/quote]

He might have phrased that a bit differently. But he didn’t. Time to retreat to the underground bunker.

[quote=“rowland”]Speaking of who doesn’t want to exit…

thelocal.de/20160625/germany … pe-from-us

[quote]German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said on Saturday that the EU would weather the shock of the British vote to leave the union as he convened crisis talks.

“I am confident that these countries can also send a message that we won’t let anyone take Europe from us,” he said heading into a meeting in Berlin of his counterparts from the EU’s six founding members.[/quote]

He might have phrased that a bit differently. But he didn’t. Time to retreat to the underground bunker.[/quote]

Maybe not the British, but not so sure about the millions of other people expected over the next few years…

What do you think is going to be with property markets in the UK and the EU? I believe in the slight fall of prices in England and Spain. Spain will suffer a wane of demand for real estate from British buyers who were extremely active in this market. And in London the weak pound will play its part to attract new foreign investors (according to brokers’ forecasts https://tranio.com/united-kingdom/news/real-estate-markets-could-wobble-as-uk-votes-to-leave-the-eu_5152/) The real estate market in Britain may even benefit from heightened foreign interest.

London real estate will benefit because the exodus of banksters for Frankfort, Paris and Dublin will make London real state more affordable. Otherwise what’s the benefit? Meanwhile average earners in Frankfort, Paris and Dublin will now enjoy the benefit of real estate being driven up beyond their means in exchange for jobs as lickspitles to the influx of financial princelings in their midsts.

express.co.uk/news/world/686 … on-Frontex

[quote]In a bid to minimise the effects of the migration crisis on Europe MEPs agreed to replace the union’s border agency, Frontex, with a new European Border and Coast Guard Agency (EBCG), which will be granted more powers.

The passport-free Schengen area - which the UK is not part of - has been blamed on allowing terrorists, people traffickers and economic migrants to travel freely across the continent.

An impressive 483 MEPs voted to bring in the new plans this autumn, while 181 voted against and 48 abstained.[/quote]

This is one of the biggest things dragging the EU down into oblivion. Jettisoning it will slow the descent. More such reforms would amount to a piecemeal dismantling of the EU. The Eurocrats have gone from denial to bargaining. That’s progress.

So strengthening the border agency makes the EU weaker? Please let me know more.

Yes heightened foreign interest…in selling as quickly as possible!
telegraph.co.uk/business/201 … nic-sales/

I will tell you where is going to boom even more and have a red hot property market for a few years. Amsterdam.
It ticks all the boxes to become a major international finance and service center.

Seriously, what are axes good for? Chopping firewood? Get a furnace. Cutting trees? Chainsaws are better. Resisting tyrannical government? Guns are better. Killing people on a train? Well…

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news … an-8445784

[quote]The horror began at around 9mpm local time when the teenager stormed a train that was travelling close to Wurzburg in southern Germany.

He then shouted “Allahu Akbar” - which means God is greatest - before launching into the terrifying attack on innocent passengers and then attempting to flee.[/quote]

Kids these days.

Rape and molestation in swimming pools, kept secret because… well, just because.

bild.de/wa/ll/bild-de/unange … .bild.html

Make Finland great again…

express.co.uk/news/world/692 … U-Brussels

[quote]The Scandinavian state has taken a tough stance on new arrivals from Iraq, Afghanistan and Somalia after officially declaring the three ‘safe countries’.

The rule change has allowed Finnish ministers to deny 77 per cent of asylum applications from Iraqis last month, with those migrants now set to be deported back to the Middle East.

Finland became the 13th EU member state to draw up its own safe countries list earlier this year, following in the footsteps of the UK, Germany and France.

But the policy will cause friction with Brussels bureaucrats, who want a blanket list of ‘safe countries’, taking the power from member states’ hands.
[/quote]

Gotta love that gun control…

mirror.co.uk/news/world-news … ly-8476548

[quote]Reports have named Ali David Sonboly as the 18-year-old gunman who killed 9 people in a shooting spree at a McDonalds and shopping centre in Munich last night.

The taxi driver’s son had both German and Iranian citizenship and had been born and raised in the city before last night’s rampage after which he shot himself dead.

He used an illegal Glock 9mm pistol and had 300 rounds of ammunition when he went on what police have called a “classic shooting rampage”.[/quote]

German Lives Matter:

Cops can’t catch a break anywhere these days.

Remember the days when these were fringe groups? A more innocent age.

All Merkel’s racial healing. This is what globalism looks like. The natives are restless. The people are revolting. What was it they were trying to prevent again?