The Evil Whitey Thread

[quote=“BrentGolf”][quote=“Mucha Man”]Btw, let me explain Black Lives Matter to you by way of analogy.

Let’s say you went to Thailand and saw a “Thai Teen Girls Matter” poster, a reference to underage prostitution and efforts to stamp it out. If your first thought was “hey, all lives matter, including mine as a middle aged white male tourist” then you are a moron.[/quote]

Not to take away from the analogy or anything, but there’s some pretty legitimate reasons that some people aren’t completely on board with the whole black lives matter thing. To just chalk it up to them being morons seems a little disingenuous to me…[/quote]

Let’s also point out that the things people put forth as analogies reveal a lot about how they think and their prejudices.

But white privilege is a topic for another thread. In fact, that thread existed some time back.

[quote=“rowland”]

Let’s also point out that the things people put forth as analogies reveal a lot about how they think and their prejudices.[/quote]

Yawn. Talking to you is like talking to a clever 13 year old, which would be interesting if the things you saywere a sign of the starting point in your critical thinking, not the end.

1 Like

The past is the present:

usatoday.com/story/opinion/2 … /80986474/

[quote]Bernie Sanders supporters are 50% more likely than Hillary Clinton supporters to disapprove of Abraham Lincoln’s war-time decision to free the slaves according to a YouGov/Economist poll cited by The New York Times’ …

According to the poll, backers of Clinton and Sanders, white Democrats, are more likely to disapprove of the Civil-War executive order than supporters of Hispanic Republican Marco Rubio. One in 10 Sanders supporters disapproves of Lincoln’s executive order. Rubio supporters are less likely to disapprove of or have doubts about the landmark civil rights decision than African-Americans themselves.[/quote]

Must be because Dems hate executive orders, right?

Unrelated question, that only some people think to ask: is Rubio really Hispanic enough, or is he a traitor to his race?

Probably racist. Not so much evil as stupid…

nydailynews.com/news/politic … ailyNewsTw

[quote] In a skit at Saturday night’s Inner Circle show, Clinton joined de Blasio as a surprise guest and ribbed him for delaying his endorsement of her presidential campaign.

Their big moment became a big blunder when a tasteless joke — built off the stereotype that black people are chronically late — fell flat.

“Thanks for the endorsement. Took you long enough,” Clinton deadpanned.

“Sorry, Hillary. I was running on C.P. Time,” de Blasio replied, riffing on the phrase “colored people time,” meaning always late[/quote]

On the plus side, they don’t seem to be getting a pass for this one.

infowars.com/former-bill-cli … e-racists/

[quote]“For no good reason, Bill and Hillary decided to profile Hispanics as drug dealers,” Kyle writes. “Specifically, [Arkansas] troopers were to stop and search cars driven by Hispanics, especially those cars with Texas license plates.”

Clinton’s Criminal Apprehension Program was ruled unconstitutional.

“Billy threw one of his infamous temper tantrums about the ban on his racial profiling of Hispanics and he threatened to renew the racial profiling program in spite of the court’s ruling,” writes Kyle.

The Daily Beast notes Clinton’s Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, authored by then-Senator Joe Biden, was supported by virtually every Democrat in Congress, including then-Representative Bernie Sanders. Critics say the legislation led to the mass incarceration of black Americans.

“Bill Clinton presided over the largest increase in federal and state prison inmates of any president in American history,” notes legal scholar Michelle Alexander. She accused the Clintons of “decimat[ing] black America” and said Hillary does not deserve the black vote.
[/quote]

Wow! When this becomes known, I expect Hillary will start bleeding African-American and Latino/a votes to Donald Trump. Any day now!

Many Latinos have already crossed over.

Lets see how triggered some people will get from this.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anna-kegler/the-sugarcoated-language-of-white-fragility_b_10909350.html?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

:facepalm: The tweet about cleaning toilets is a sarcastic representation of the GOP’s view of immigrants.

1 Like

That guy’s tying himself in knots. He’s frickin’ triggering himself, he is.

Thanks for libsplaining that.

I signed in just to reply and say that this rowland character is cancer in its purest form.

1. Links InfoWars. The website whose founder, Alex Jones, believes that Sandy Hook is a hoax and that Hillary Clinton kept an underground child prostitution ring in a pizza place (see Pizzagate).

2. I’ll end it at #2. Going beyond this is a drain on my valuable time. I expect this type of cancer on my local news’ Facebook page, but not on Forumosa.

2 Likes

Not going to read Huffpost. But the fact is, white english speaking people build the kinds of societies people want to immigrate to. That’s really a bitter pill for people to swallow, but it’s the undeniable truth.

1 Like

Classy way to respond to viewpoints different than your own. Were you expecting Forumosa to be an echo chamber?

You’d be surprised how much of the world is an echo chamber. Look at how many white immigrants to taiwan freak out when people avoid sitting next to them on trains, or assume they can speak english, or call them foreigner.

There’s a difference between, “He has a different opinion than me on conservative views, as he believes tax cuts for the rich is best for us” versus “He has a different opinion and believes in referring someone who believes that Sandy Hook is a hoax.”

Yes, just like Rhodesia.

Nobody, not even Alex Jones, believes everything Alex Jones says. Posting a link from InfoWars is hardly reason to compare someone to cancer. It’s even, I dare say, a little Alex Jones-like.