The Harvey Weinstein Scandal

His half-arsed mea culpa final comments seemed to be along the lines of ‘please reduce my sentence because a lot of actresses held their noses and screwed me and as a result they got rich’.

“ The film producer appeared in the lobby, and after conversation with the two women, led them up to his hotel room.”

I’m surprised to know that so many aspiring actresses agree to this though. Why would any right thinking woman go up to the room knowingly? This isn’t victim shaming - it’s trying to understand why? Do they really think professional business should be conducted in the room? What did they hope to achieve? Did they really think so naively that he’s taking them up to his room to learn how to bake cookies?

Any parent would advise their kid not to do it - not to go into someone’s room to discuss business. Or visit anyone past normal office hours esp. in hotels. Does it mean that he gets a license to rape them - ofcourse not! But why put yourself in a vulnerable position in the first place? I don’t know what the thinking is here. It only makes it easier for scum bags like Weinstein to make claims that they willingly followed him into the room. Unfortunately in some cases that much is true and I can’t fathom why.

1 Like

Because hotel room meetings are (or were until recently) considered normal in the industry. :cactus:

1 Like

There, fixed it for you.

Normal by whom? The Harveys yes. I don’t think any woman would consider them normal

I think yyy is correct. Actresses have been getting raped during hotel meetings for as long as Hollywood. Natalie Wood was 60 years ago.

Yea, but anytime a man asks a woman to meet in a private place (especially where there is a bed) suggests ulterior motives…

Suppose that you knew Weinstein and that he had the power to turn you into a young Di Caprio / Johansson, or whoever you want to be for that matter. Suppose that you’re as dumb as you were in your early twenties. You know there might be kinky stuff involved, you just don’t know how much–maybe just a blowjob, maybe a whole night–and regardless, you’re so blinded by hope that you don’t consider the worst options, like a forced dry sodomy every weekend for a year followed by no dream coming true.

As the dumb early-twenty that you’d be, would you follow him in his suite?

Probably not. There were many temptations in my dumb 20s - cigarettes, drugs, Etc. Didn’t act on any of them.

Side note: Rich, powerful executives’ hotel rooms is not your hotel room. Those rooms have separate bedroom space, work space, living room area with a home theater system, dining area with a massive dining table, a full sized bar, a pool table, a kitchen, private outdoor garden, occupy two floors with elevated ceilings, etc etc.

3 Likes

You don’t know that.
And I said “private space”.

I do. For a fact.

1 Like

No, you don’t. PM my real name then.

What does your real name have to do with rich executives’ hotel rooms

And if you have $30K+ to drop per night for hotel lodging, congrats

1 Like

And I’m sure you know people who did act on those temptations. As far as I’m concerned those are the people who fell prey to Weinstein.

You’re not the real Keoni? :astonished:

(Yeah, just Keoni. You know, like Cher, Madonna, Fabio, Frédérique…)

1 Like

How did he get it in prison…it probably means a huge chunk of the prison population has it if he got it in prison.

1 Like

Brad Pitt physically threatened the producer upon learning of Weinstein’s unwanted sexual harassment of his then-girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow.

Watching Inglorious Bastards with Brad Pitt tonight and noticed this trivia about Weinstein.

Inglourious Basterds (2009)

• The only movie Brad Pitt made as a leading actor for The Weinstein Company or its previous iteration, Miramax.

• He has said it had everything to do with wanting to work with Quentin Tarantino and nothing to do with Harvey Weinstein.

• His animosity for Weinstein stems from an incident in the 90s where Pitt physically threatened the producer upon learning of Weinstein’s unwanted sexual harassment of his then-girlfriend Gwyneth Paltrow.