The Harvey Weinstein Scandal

:notworthy:
Huzzah!! Well done indeed.

My two favourite parts:

Hilariously, those who use grammar nazi/Nazi as a self-identifying term are naff. They don’t realise it isn’t something to brag about. It displays their historical insensitivity as well as linguistic illiteracy — insensitive about one of the most shameful times in our history, and illiterate because their approach to language shows they know little about it too.

And, for anyone who still thinks it’s cool to call someone a feminazi:

A disparaging term for an extreme, militant or radical feminist. In use since the 1990s and popularised by American radio talkshow host Rush Limbaugh.

Welcome to Team Limbaugh, pick up your T shirt in the back.

Prove it.

(“lol”? Seriously?)

How does one prove or disprove the existence of multiple worlds? :ponder:
@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: He who talks more is sooner exhausted. — Lao Tzu

1 Like

Let’s keep it simple: Is there a world outside Forumosa?

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Cannot predict now

Oh well.

Well, at least there’s a world outside Formosa…right? Sometimes I start to wonder…

:banana:

Ah, island life! :desert_island: :sunglasses:

The unfunniest (final) scene from one of the funniest shows ever.

WENDY: Here’s how you can thank me, Peter. I want you to turn around, I want you to get into your limo, and I want you to drive away. I want you to go back to your life, and I want you to forget that you ever met me.

PETER: What are you talking about?

WENDY: I’m through with this, Peter. I called a cab, and I’m gonna go home and pack, and I’m gonna move someplace, someplace…clean. (pause) But if the movie’s a hit? I want you to call me. Because I want all my money back.

PETER: Wait, let me get this straight. You’re quitting show business just 'cause you had to fuck two fat guys to get a script back? I think you’re overreacting.

WENDY: (pause) I know you do.(pause) That’s exactly the point, that’s…that’s why I’m leaving. (she kisses him) Bye Peter. (to LONNY) Bye Uncle Lonny.

LONNY: So long, kid. Catch a winner…

Wow, that really is in poor taste…

how does one live in taiwan when being sensitive to the word nazi? nazi flags everywhere!

What, calling it unfunny?
Each his own, I guess.
I personally didn’t find it funny, but, you know, knock yourself out.:idunno:

I was referring to the “pay for play” joke. Poor taste, and not funny either.

Where is that, then?

Sorry, now it’s me not being clear. The transactional sex joke.

It’s no joke, bud.
Maybe you have to see it in context, but it’s definitely not presented for laughs.

There’s additional subtext in that she was formerly a high-priced call girl, an occupation that is repeatedly referenced in the show as being much less dirty and amoral than showbiz.

Yeah, I guess I’d have to watch the show to get a better idea. I’m assuming it doesn’t have a laugh track.

For all the A-holes (in the media and elsewhere) stinkmouthing the victims…

We must stop framing this as an issue for women to emotionally grapple with, as if it had anything to do with them. It is not women’s responsibility to end systemic harassment by being better feminists or dressing modestly. Regardless of one’s industry or line of work, sexual assault is a crime, not an occupational hazard of working while female.
-Ms. Martha Plimpton

2 Likes