The long goodbye of Ozymandias.

Eight years ago he rode into town on a unicorn, preaching hope and change and a whole bunch of other stuff. Some people worshiped him as a savior, a lightworker. Others feared him as a potential tyrant. He fell far short of both these things.

Everything he touched turned to shit. His health care mess began rotting from the moment of its birth. The economic recovery was incomplete at best. Those responsible for the bank crisis were never brought to justice. Life expectancy dropped. His own party lost big at the state level, and then finally at the federal level. Race relations in the US got much worse. The Middle East fell apart again. The US lost respect in the world.

Hope and change turned into blaming Bush, then into denial. The voters weren’t buying it. If the RNC hadn’t been so pathetic, there would have been no second term.

And history’s final rebuke? His chosen successor lost out to… a reality TV star. An orange buffoon who ran on a promise to sweep away the rubble of our hero’s sad legacy.

How’s he taking it? Not well.

First he backstabbed Israel. Now he’s picking a fight with Russia. On the home front, an avalance of new regulations certain to be overturned. On the international front, two new messes that will be harder to clean up.

He’s doing everything possible to secure his place in history as a petty, self absorbed man-child, the ultimate sore loser. These last two months are shaping up to be an extended temper tantrum. He’s like a bad tenant, trashing the place before he’s evicted. No Clinton style petty vandalism - he’s going big. He’s doing the one thing he does best: wrecking things.

You had your shot, Douche. You sucked. Now it’s over. This is how history will remember you, and the unicorn you rode in on. No drama my ass. That sneer of cold command was petulant pride and nothing more. You can’t go out with any class or dignity, but you can go out memorably.

Whether The Donald will do better is an open question. But he can hardly do worse.

3 Likes

Bitchin’ wife mind

US dow Jones index 2008 8000
Us Dow jones index 2016 20000

Banks, auto companies 2008 = bankrupt
Banks, auto companies 2016 = thriving

US unemployment rate 2008 10%
US unemployment rate 2016 4.6%

Looks like he did he an amazing job to me.

Lastly he’s a patriot not selling his soul like President Trumpsky.

Yes, Brian. Those figures are all totes real and meaningful, and the Democrats are firmly in charge of the country at all levels, because the voters know it.

And the world looks like this:

See, this is why people didn’t see The Donald coming.

2 Likes

I personally don’t know who to believe anymore but I am still in shock that he received novel peace prize just like Martin Luther king did. That’s something I really don’t understand. I mean maybe there is something not so obvious that I don’t see but then again I understand why Luther got it so why I don’t understand Obama’s nobel.

The takeaway is the Nobel committee are idiots, and the prize means nothing anymore.

1 Like

The Nobel Peace Prize kind of lost its luster when it was awarded to Yasser Arafat. Those Swedes must have something very special in their water.

1 Like

Yes they do actually. It’s an example of too much firstworldnessness gone wrong.

1 Like

I have a feeling The Donald saw this coming. He’s always tended to be a step or two ahead of the competition.

Also…

He doesn’t know when he’s licked.

People get the governments they deserve.

Also, although his legacy might be awful, how’s it going to affect him, really? He’ll still walk away with a $200,000 a gig consulting job or go and work for the U.N. or some other such body. They always do.

He has probably poisoned the well for Trump, too. I fully expect an enormous world-wide economic crisis within the next 12-18 months.

Book Contract, Book Contract.

Obama is going to get 20 mil from his Memoirs and his missus another 20 to tell it from her point of view.

Followed by hundreds of millions on speaking tours. Thats how the Clintons got rich ya know.

1 Like

They got rich off of speaking fees, which are almost certainly laundered kickbacks.

As for books, Bubbette tends to get remaindered pretty fast.

1 Like

Not his kind of DREAMers:

I always figured his concern for immigrants was a sham. Cubans tend to vote Republican. Don’t want that,

Wikileaks, Manning and double standards: