The Mueller investigations thread

Okay, I see it now. Doesn’t really make the indictment invalid but yeah that’s kind of stupid.

Not as rich as confusing the PRC with the ROC. :2cents:

But there is no god.

Are we forgetting something? Putin has a hard-on for Ukraine. He HATED Tymoschenko, quite openly and possibly tried to poison Yushchenko. When his puppet, Yakunovich got tossed out, he made a move to reclaim the Crimea and supports pro-Russian groups in the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine. One of which shot down a civilian jet liner.

Since 2014 there have been sanctions and embargoes against Russia and individuals with ties to the governments of Russia and Ukraine. Putin has been rather vocal and passionate about his dislike Clinton, over these sanctions. And Merkel as well. Pretty much the entire EU, for the same reason.

How does this tie in? Well, the sanctions for a start. Who did what with who and when. And who knew about it. El presidente is a “businessman” (despite multiple bankruptcies and possibly defrauding investors, but whatevs) and appears to have had ties with Gates pre-campaign. So…it goes back to who and when knew what.

Now, this is interesting. And from CNN, no less:

Are they losing control over their attack dog?

This seems to happen a lot for some reason…

He’s an insider, is the problem. He’s trusted by the untrustworthy.

In other news, they’re subpoenaing DoucheBank records. But they don’t honor subpoenas delivered to them. If it weren’t for double standards, they’d have no standards at all.

I throw up in my mouth a little every time I see some liberal talking head gushing about how much “integrity” the FBI has.

Integrity is a very minor virtue, when you think about it. Pure evil has integrity. Which makes it less contemptible than impure evil.

But an enemy whose mind is a nest of contradictions is easier to defeat. Just turn him against himself, or attack from one of his many blind spots. These won’t work on a well integrated personality.

The evil super-villain of comic books knows what he wants. The ordinary villain of real life can’t recognize himself in the mirror.

After all this time, Bubbette doesn’t understand What Happened, and never will. What Happened was she self-destructed. All The Donald had to do was survive long enough.

Integrity. To thine own self be true, and it must follow as the night follows the day that you’ll look out for number one. Have your own back. All well and good, but far from the highest virtue. It’s merely a lack of a certain kind of stupidity. A non-narcissism.

Now loyalty… loyalty is for fools and tools. Mueller and Comey are loyal to the establishment. They’ll bail it out as long as they can, then go down with the ship.

That was quite a post.

People Rowland dislikes:

• ordinary villains
  • fools and tools
  • narcissists
  • “loyalists”
  • people who “eat their own” (not to be confused with loyalists of course)
  • anyone in the D Party

People Rowland likes:

• pure evil super-villains
  • the Don

Have I missed anything?

Yes.
“Number one”

I would say that goes under “pure evil super-villains”, but apparently Rollo hasn’t yet achieved the Pacino level powers he craves, and it stands to reason that he won’t truly like himself until he does.

Personally, I would hate to be stuck in a mental prison of inferiority like that. :doh:

I wonder if Comrade Finsky can offer Rollo (and the rest of us) some tips on self actualization. :ponder:

Number One always comes first with me.

Loyalty alert!! :oncoming_police_car:

1 Like

“Who is Number One?”
“You are…Number Two.”

I’ll throw you a bone here. Self actualization begins with self respect. And self respect begins when loyalty has been seen for what it is: a pointless sacrifice of one’s true self for another’s false self. They’ve got a psychobabble term for that: inverted narcissism. It’s the most pathetic thing imaginable. A Renfield in search of a Dracula.

After you’ve got a sustainable nucleus of self respect, then you can have integrity. Just don’t expect others to like it. All those people who say they admire integrity? Most of them don’t mean it.

I’m no master of the English language, but I think you are inventing a new meaning for the word integrity. Most dictionaries would say that having integrity means having strong moral principles. Unless we are also redefining moral principle to mean both good and evil principles, I think it’s a stretch to describe someone pure evil as having integrity.

You are doing all that word kung-fu just because people are using the word integrity to praise someone who doesn’t seem to be sharing your political position? I know certain sector of the media loves all that “alternative truth” style of reinterpreting things. As a close observer of the Chinese culture, you must have noticed that’s a very 阿Q thing to do. It’s alarming that mentality is permeating throughout the US.

I don’t recall you inventing a new meaning for that word when it was used for things in the past like “voter integrity”, or when it was used to describe James Comey, back when the Republicans still loved him, as he was and still is a Republican.

Mueller, himself a Republican was appointed FBI director by Bush, and was given a 2 year extension by Obama. Comey was named his successor by Obama as well regardless of his party affiliation.

I find it strange for Republicans to be attacking their integrity and credibility now, since the party put them as the FBI director by appointing and confirming them.

2 Likes

It’s current year, changing the meaning of well established terms is the new norm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L81g3XI8z_o

Actually, I find Rollo’s use of integrity acceptable.

(I know Wiktionary is not a reliable source, but I have no serious objection to the above.)

Using definition 1, a “lawful evil” character can be said to have integrity. In Rollo’s vision, it seems the “law” of a “pure evil super-villain” is something along the lines of do what thou wilt. Not letting rainbows and unicorns cloud one’s judgement would tie in with definition 2.

What I have a problem with is the Rowlandism of loyalty is bad [because it implies moral uprightness – terrifying, I know], but egocentrism is good.

Integrity. To thine own self be true, and it must follow as the night follows the day that you’ll look out for number one. Have your own back. All well and good, but far from the highest virtue. It’s merely a lack of a certain kind of stupidity. A non-narcissism.

Now loyalty… loyalty is for fools and tools. Mueller and Comey are loyal to the establishment. They’ll bail it out as long as they can, then go down with the ship.

Number One always comes first with me.

Devotion to oneself, allegiance to oneself, constant support for oneself… there’s no escaping it: Rowland is loyal, to himself. :slight_smile: