The narratives about Trump thread

Ever been to Somalia? That’s a no government ‘country’. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Heaven? Yes, for pirates and terrorists and other scum.

He’s the sort of person who’s attracted to the vast concentration of personal power in the office and who also has what takes to win that office. That’s the only basis of comparison that has any relevance, because your grampy is never gonna be president.

And by this standard, we’ve done a hell of a lot worse.

And the reason his speech is so offensive is because he can’t be bothered with the usual hypocrisies of politics. I find that refreshing. He says what others only do.

He’s bringing the whole damn establishment to a bad end. If he ends up going down with them, fine.

The vast majority of Americans will never be president. That’s a hard pill to swallow, but about half of them managed it, and we’re making the best of the situation.

1 Like

Ah, so being president proves you “have what it takes to win” (and are attracted to the office in the first place), ergo Donnie is equal to all the other first-term presidents. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And anyone who is not going to be president is irrelevant… like all of us, including you! :heart:

@marasan I think you missed the discussion about God-Emperors. Ibis is a heretic, of course. I recognize only one GE, and that’s Discobot.

In what narrative about Trump should we trust? @discobot quote

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open. — Thomas Dewar

1 Like

It kind of does doesn’t it? 17 other Republican candidates and an opposition party candidate backed by everyone, I need not trot out the list.

Isn’t that why anyone runs, because they are attracted to the office?

In so far as he is a first term president, who wanted the office of President and won the Presidency, yes, he is the same as every other President. He also has two arms, two legs and in that way he is the same as every other President who ran and won the Presidency.

I don’t think that is what was said, more like you and I and virtually every other person on this planet will never be President of the USA. Me for obvious reasons, Im not a US citizen, but for US citizens, it seems there are two cases, you can be backed by the establishment and have a record of politics or be a rich billionaire results driven asshole who is too thick skinned for the media to shoot though.

If you’re a nice guy with good ideas like Ron Paul the media ignore you, if you are an outsider to one of the main parties like Bernie Sanders, everyone is going to burn you down.

I was trying to read Rowland’s comment in a more objectivist manner, like this:

If victory is the only point (which is not what I believe btw), how it’s achieved is irrelevant.

1 Like

If you want to be a victor, how it’s achieved is of paramount importance. Study what works, and emulate it.

If you want to be a loser, just do what makes you feel all warm and virtuous inside and then try to pass off your sour grapes as moral superiority. Because no one will ever know how things would have turned out if you had been in charge.

(Although we could make an educated guess by looking at the Carter presidency.)

This is how the PUA community describe women. This is how I describe pretty much everybody. Take all the sexism and misogyny out of PUA talk and what’s left? Surprisingly, a lot.

If you’re in politics, you don’t ever want to be friendzoned by the voters. That’s what happens to political moderates. If you’re a moderate, everybody likes you, but nobody wants to elect you.

Zap Brannigan had a point about the Neutrals.

Isn’t it the main point? Trump publicly said on many occasion, if he didn’t win his entire run for Presidency was a waste of time.

How it is achieved, there seems to be more skulduggery coming out from how the Democrats ran the campaign than anything from Trumps camp, or am I missing something"?

When the other side loses, you’re winning by default - even if they’re self-destructing. Rope-a-dope, Trump style:

The Donald hid everything in plain sight. He was playing chess, not poker. No need for secrecy when your opponents suffer from incomprehension.

It’s nice to know you agree with Marasan about something, even if your pathological fear of warm, virtuous feelings causes you to mock him. :slight_smile:

But the man didn’t become president of the US, so he’s a nobody! That’s just one kind of victory. It’s not the meaning of life for most people. And even Donnie was considered a nobody (or a joke, same thing) in politics until quite recently.

That was part of the game. He wasn’t A-list anymore like in the days of Ivana. After that campaign though, even if he lost, no-one would ever forget him.

That deserves to be framed, along with a caption, so we never forget who said it. :smile: :rainbow:

Maybe in Amerika…

Angela Merkel prost

On that point, I strongly agree. :slight_smile:

I’ll concede that Germany, owing to peculiarities of their history, has a fear of strong leaders.

I’m not keen on strong leaders myself, but when so much power is concentrated in one office, it’s even more dangerous to have a weak president than it is to have a strong one.

Because a weak person with authority is a tool for all sorts of evil schemers.

Yeah, Merkel’s a tool.

The one thing that I find most astounding is that

“Trump doesn’t know anything about any issue”

He is so embarrassing.

At least he looks at things very strongly…

1 Like

@hannes facts don’t matter to people anymore. I guess maybe the appeal is he uses simple words that a ESL student can understand without much content.

Anyone else catch the latest “Apple is not a banana” …“Facts first” bits on Trump-obsessed CNN?

CNN is just a daily Trump bashing show now. Pathetic.
Don Lemon, you are utterly useless and your guests are pathetic. The daily indignation is pathetic

1 Like

hahahahaha!

:rofl:

CNN what happened to CNN??!!

The Gospel According to Rowland: Moderate people are weak.

On behalf of all the Mods, I wish you a pleasant day. :bowing:

Democracy Dies In Darkness.

When all you’ve got left is preachy slogans, you’re pretty much finished.

Not that I’m against preachy slogans. They can be a lot of fun. But they’re not, y’know, enough. You have to have something to back them up.