The narratives about Trump thread

Say what thing? A whole mess of nonsense comes that heathen mouth, please be specific.

Oh, you had to pull the moderator card on me.

Funny you mention climate deniers, he is one!

Ethnic purity. When did Trump ever mention something like that?

Never said he did. I was referring to the term ā€œnationalismā€ and how it is generally applied in terms of ethnicity. I.E German, Italian, French, and Chinese nationalism.

That term in the US gets applied to either particular ethnicities or religions.

Nationalism tends to rip apart multiethnic nations. So, nationalism is, in this regard, bad.

I think a more modern term, without the racial overtones would be ā€œpatriotismā€, unless you support white/christian nationalism.

Greg Popovich:
This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this mannerā€”and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiersā€”is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House, unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office, and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this president should be ashamed, because they know better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.

Calls the wife of a slain soldier and makes her cry even moreā€¦

Of course denies it.

What an ass clown.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s a narrative about Trump.

pop is one of the most straight forward honest and mild mannered person around. So for him to use that kind of strong words and feelings, it says a lot. And I hate the spurs, but I respect pop a lot. Not just as a coach, but as a person.

Remember the Russia narrative? Itā€™s not going quietly into the good night.

Meanwhile, in semi-unrelated news, Mueller still hasnā€™t recused himself.

This is not the way to live something down. They need to come up with something positive to focus on, because the negatives are backfiring.

No, Iā€™m not categorically opposed to going negative. You just have to have good ammo. And know when to cut your losses.

Nationalism as you define it only comes into play when a nation is already disintegrating for other reasons. But itā€™s a fine scapegoat.

The US has been rupturing along fault lines that are only tangentially involved with ethnicity.

Republican Senator Jeff Flake:

ā€œThe notion that one should stay silent as the norms and values that keep America strong are undermined and as the alliances and agreements that ensure the stability of the entire world are routinely threatened by the level of thought that goes into 140 characters ā€“ the notion that one should say and do nothing in the face of such mercurial behavior is ahistoric and, I believe, profoundly misguided.ā€

ā€œWe must stop pretending that the degradation of politics in our executive branch are normal, theyā€™re not normalā€¦ itā€™s reckless, outrageous, and undignifiedā€¦ itā€™s dangerous to our democracy.ā€

And my favorite from Republican Senator Bob Corker:

ā€œI think at the end of the day, when his term is over, I think the debasing of our nation, the constant non-truth-telling, just the name-calling ā€• I think the debasement of our nation will be what heā€™ll be remembered most for. And thatā€™s regretful.ā€

Bob Corker touched on why things will end badly for Trump- why they must end badly for him and for America. I read an editorial on Fox News about how the left are scrambling to criticize Trump because they are afraid of a big tax win for him. What? Thatā€™s a bizarre reading of things. I donā€™t know about others, but Iā€™m critical about Trump precisely for the reasons pointed out by the Senators above, and particularly by Corker.

Iā€™m critical about Trump when he does/proposes thing I donā€™t agree with. How he says things on Twitter is not really a concern to me.

Also, regarding the name callingā€¦ehmā€¦

Well, thatā€™s all part of the ā€œdebasing of our nation,ā€ in my opinion. So it is a concern to me. Itā€™s nasty. Itā€™s low-class. Itā€™s gross. Itā€™s everything I try to tell my kids not to do.

1 Like

Type a) : smiles and is politically correct, under his government the US invaded 2 countries and toppled a legitimate country leader
Type b) : calls everyone who disagrees with her a deplorable racist homophobic xenophobic, cheered at the death of a legitimate country leader (+ a long list)
Type c) : writes mean Tweets

Iā€™d rather have my children be like type C, but I guess that makes me a nazi.

4 Likes

Type d) (my kidsā€™ Irish grandad): Never cared about money, although he was a chief financial officer for a fairly successful electronics firm. Sacrificed everything for his family. Never missed a day of work. Never heard him speak ill of another person in all my life. Reprimanded me harshly when I was quite young for saying something racist.

I would much rather have my kids being like their grandad, type D. But I guess that makes me strange in these times of Trumpism.

Corrected that for Mr. Corker. Heā€™s welcome.

2 Likes

So between Obama, Hillary and Trumpā€¦youā€™d pick your grandfather.
Thatā€™s an interesting way to say youā€™d pick Trump as well, but you donā€™t want to admit it because the Trump narrative must flow.

Fear not, the God Emperor knows itā€™s not your fault. Heā€™s a generous God.

1 Like

Have we touched on why things ended badly for Flake?

Compared to what?

Iā€™m wondering at just what point in time you peg the start of the debasing of the nation.

What The Donald says, his critics actually do. For example, the pussy grabbing.

I honestly donā€™t understand what youā€™re saying. I donā€™t want to admit that I would pick Trump? Itā€™s just so bizarre these discussions about Trump. I thought we were talking of how I want to raise my kids. And yes, I pick my dad. Sheesh. God Emperor, what? Generous, what? So bizarre.

Compared to how the vast majority of Americans conduct themselves. Heā€™s a low-class dude.