The narratives about Trump thread

Oh, so now Howard Roark is an anti-hero?

An antihero, or antiheroine, is a protagonist who lacks conventional heroic qualities such as idealism, courage, and morality.[1][2][3][4][5] Although antiheroes may sometimes do the “right thing”, it is often for the “wrong reasons” and because it serves their self-interest rather than being driven by moral convictions.[6]

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/antihero

A protagonist who proceeds in an unheroic manner, such as by criminal means, via cowardly actions, or for mercenary goals.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that you’re wishy-washy. :slight_smile:

The genius of freedom of speech is the realization that truth will always prevail on a level playing field with lies and that lies thrive in darkness. The reason Americans have lost their nerve on freedom of speech in recent times and opted for a fake version is because their preferred version of truth is struggling to compete even with ideas built almost entirely on lies like racial supremacy and fascism.

They are. Video. Neo-nazi "Free speech" event at Florida University goes ahead amid protests | Euronews

But the point is, I don’t feel that unis are pushing leftists agendas on students in class. I feel like that’s more of a portrayal by the media.

But I don’t have a problem with milo and Ann coultre speaking. But I also don’t have a problem with people protesting them either. Although i do feel like milo is just a troll that wants to say shit that is controversial for the sake of it. But nevertheless, I don’t think it’s necessary to ban him. But I also can’t blame private universities from separating themselves from certain people. They are after all, a business. I listen to Ann coultre and milo and Ben shaperio. I don’t like Ann for sure. I really feel like she can spew some really vile stuff and is intelligent enough that it frustrates people who don’t know how to deal with it. Milo spends to much time just saying stuff to stir up people with no real direction. I do agree with Ben Shapiro on some things, but some I really don’t agree. Bens a really smart guy.

That’s a double edged sword. I feel like it’s easy to just call someone racist, sexist, etc. sometimes it prevents a real debat and conversation to the truth. But however I feel like people have become afraid to call someone a racist when they are. I feel like there are some people who are racist and now it’s become more of a offense to call someone a racist than being a racist.

I was, of course, referring to real life.

The most important fact about Howard Roarke is that he doesn’t exist.

Something about old FBI documents.

Actually, it was old news. But there’s something about a doc dump and the news cycle. No point in getting upset over it.

As for the good he did… that kind of canceled out. He supported Affirmative Action, which undid much of the goodwill that civil rights would have created. America is still just as racist as ever, but now it’s a different style of racism. All lives don’t matter, and it’s not okay to be white.

And you’re the one who brought this up.

Everybody’s racist, and I’m not afraid to say so.

But I can be tolerant about it, so long as it’s just microaggression - whatever that is. When I’m in Taiwan, I’m everybody’s pet white guy. And yes, I do enjoy hamburgers. And speaking English to me is just fine.

And I’m all for keeping explodey people and sidewalk drivers out of the US. Let’s keep them out of Taiwan while we’re at it.

brought what up?

Thats a gross overstatement of a lot legal legislation that he helped push through.

And a little ridiculous to say it’s not okay to be white now. Where is this sentiment coming from?

Yes to a certain extend. I really don’t like many PRC nationals, idk if thats racist or what the right word for it. But in my opinion, my negative feelings towards them are pretty justified.

if you’re talking about followers of Islam, I do feel that Islam is not just a religion and it certainly isn’t peaceful at the core. I look at Islam from a historical standpoint. The founder commanded a army and conquered, expanded and controlled an empire. Sure one can argue that he was being oppressed and persecuted. I’m willing to give them that argument because it also proves my point that the solution by the founder of Islam is to fight back in often violent means. So it only stands that followers of Muhammad who feel like they are being oppressed would do the same would it not?

But when I say this, people call me a Islamophobic person. Maybe so, but give me a argument to prove me wrong and I’m happy to change my mind. You can tell me as many times that Islam is a religion of peace and many muslims are not violent which is true. But from history, I see a different picture.

You’re really tying yourself in knots here.

There are four common approaches to history:

1. Ignore it.
  2. Misconstrue it for ideological reasons.
  3. Wallow in it.
  4. Learn from it.

I’m not sure which of these you are attempting.

Guys, it was @ChewDawg who brought up MLK.

Right, so when you cheer Donnie or anyone else, that means you’re saying he doesn’t exist. Got it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s all a dream of the demon sultan Azathoth.

which statement are you referring to which you are confused about?

and i’m still waiting for why you think somehow white people are being oppressed?

Oh, so that’s your religion!

I’ll let the others debate whether or not Azathothianism is political. :whistle:

Ps. I wonder if your soul can be saved…

What will Trump do without twitter in China?

2 Likes

Good question, it’s only 36 hours but I bet he feels like a smoker on an international flight.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they had some kind of presidential-grade VPN setup.

Of course they do, I’m just playing along for fun. Obama had a secure Blackberry, it takes a lot of effort to set it up. Even for ordinary Chinese citizens circumventing the great fire wall is trivial.

One year of Glory :heart_eyes:

(elections were on the 8th, but I think results became official after midnight so I guess today is the right day to celebrate!)

Weren’t there a lot of people on this forum who thought he wouldn’t last a whole year? Maybe it’s time to name and shame…

No need to name and shame: the God Emperor forgives them.

But can they forgive themselves?