The narratives about Trump thread

Beaches in Costa Rica are public property though…

It is already a year in after the elections. Would there be swift justice like, in two or even three years? Don’t tell we wil have this brought out as the Lewinsky next elections.

Well, it’s hard to tell the importance of the whole thing. The GPS / Fisa has been discussed a lot (outside of CNN & friends) and there has been many rumors regarding illegal activity by the FBI and other public organs in order to hinder the Gop’s electoral campaign.
It doesn’t matter that the election is over and the Antichrist lost, if public figures were involved in a scheme to undermine the democratic process of a country, they need to go to jail.

1 Like

You’re so right! Anyone right?

Sure, anyone!

cnnonpoint

CNN on point with the savage article on hot topics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA34WRpB8zA

<3

The only thing that jumped out at me is that tres sexy hijab.

So much liberation.

I feel like you’re being facetious. A hijab is great for covering up problem dandruff…and minor bruises inflicted by your husband. And it’s good to keep a niqab handy for when the bruising is more extensive.

1 Like

OH COME ON, I WAS HAVING A SNACK. As soon as I made it to the second sentence I spit food on my keyboard, it will never recover!

A niqab would have kept that food off your keyboard. #niqabsnotjustforwomen

Islamophobia BTFO forever.

If TPS expires then there is a period of 18 months before unwilling deportations begin.

It’s funny how if wages rise high enough then many people will invest in training (if the employer does not - and that’s unlikely too if supply and demand for labor get too out of whack).

So in your industry, are they hiring illegals or legals? There is no impact to existing legals (except Dreamers).

Actually, I do. It works like this. Many illegals have fraudulent SSNs. That means, they pay taxes -which is more than I can say for many US citizens. They are paying into a system they will receive no benefit from.

Because of the wonderful freedoms that citizens of the US enjoy, thanks in part to our constitution and the laws built around it, employers are asked, but not required, to have employees show their citizenship. But, many of the totalitarian lovers are wanting to change that for “security.” Hmmm…sacrifice freedoms for security…that is not a good thing.

It has nothing to do with security. It’s something that people study in Economics classes on day 1 or 2.

I’m enjoying the alternative Economics studies shown on this forum, though.

“Lower taxes mean that people pay higher taxes”
“Illegal workers are good and don’t harm economy, they actually help it”
Stay tuned for:“Should the law legalize illegality?” and other wonderful current-year theories.

1 Like

Probably just hire from other more “desirable” countries. I am thinking like my uncle Bob. he has a factory in Michigan. He does not hire local US workers, black or white, because they are too expensive and the unions are a pain… He does not hire from Latin America because people complain to much. In the heyday, he brought his workers from South Korea, because they “were docile and worked for peanuts”.

There will always be someone much hard up somewhere in the world. The issue is making these US companies hire locally first, offer not competitive but at least fair wages that people can live on. Make it harder from them to hire abroad, in massive quantities. heck, even Trump recently hired boatloads of workers from Mexico for his FL biz, so he should set an example. the bar has to be raised.

Last time the tax man was on his back, uncle Bob just closed his factory. Has been trying to sell it for years, he’s older than Trump, yet no one is buying even though it is a working factory - after he reopened… don’t ask how.

1 Like

Back in the late 80’s -maybe earlier- and ending about 1995, there was a huge “buy American” campaign. Walmart boasted about the “Made in USA” labels on their products. As more and more manufacturing went to Asia, and more and more factories were closing, they kinda quietly let that slogan die.

In the early 90’s, a decent PC (about 100Mhz and about 8MB RAM and 100MB storage) would cost more than $US2k, monitor not included. A decade later, a PC that was 10x more powerful could be bought, with monitor, for less than a grand. Why? 99% of what went into that machine was/is manufactured in Asia and reassembled in the US. (only a small amount of manufacturing has to occur within the US to earn that “Made in USA” label) Yeah, market forces played into it, but the bulk of it is from globalization of manufacturing.

With this is mind, I fail to see how any change in the status quo on immigration would have any effect on the US economy.

As far as training is concerned, I don’t think that is always the case. I don’t know why, but for many they just aren’t as interested in lateral career movement.

But even if they were there could be a period of pain for businesses when a huge swath of talented individuals are removed from their jobs and they try to find suitable replacements. The supply might not exist in some industries for some time.