The not-sure-if-racist thread

Let’s start off with:

mediaite.com/online/ted-cruz … -children/

Ann Telnaes, voice of tolerance and open-mindedness.

Remember when the president’s children were off limits? And before that, when they weren’t?

Why would that be racist? Oh I get it. It isn’t but after I ask the question rowland will reply that it is telling I did not address the ethics of using children to attack a political opponent.

Another masterful bait-and-switch for rowland.

But the Clintons have been whoring out Chelsea since forever.

And then there’s this:

twitter.com/ezby/status/539558044766851072

(helpmefindanegress)

Are you referring to Rush calling Chelsea the White House dog?

Or did you mean this?
salon.com/2015/12/22/the_ore … pregnancy/

Obviously, Chelsea’s pregnancy was deliberately planned to show up Bristol Palin.

[quote=“MikeN”][quote=“rowland”]
Remember when the president’s children were off limits? And before that, when they weren’t?[/quote]

Are you referring to Rush calling Chelsea the White House dog?[/quote]

What a disrespectful way of speaking of a charming and articulate young lady who totally deserves a career as a television talk show hostess.

Even if she does look a bit like Webster Hubbel.

Were you referring to this person?

washingtonmonthly.com/politi … 059006.php

or were you referring to the current conservative professional blogger and unmarried mother of two kids by different fathers who made hundreds of thousands of dollars as a spokeperson for abstinence and good Christian values by denouncing those godless immoral liberals? Hard to keep these political kids cashing in on their parents’ fame straight.

Throw out the dog whistles, bring in the bullhorns.

From Maine Republican governor Paul Lepage

Mulattos!! In Maine!!

But of course, if you think race was involved in this you’re the real racist

[quote] “I get a report, and they’re saying his street name ‘D-Money,’ street name ‘Smoothie.’ I don’t know where they’re from,” LePage said. “I know where they’re from, I don’t know if they’re white, black, Asian, I don’t know.”

“If you want to make it racist, go right ahead and do what you want,” he added.[/quote]

I’m sure your average Juan, Pablo or Diego would not read it like that, any more than Abdul, Hassan or Mohammed would.

[quote] LePage opened the news conference by paraphrasing the iconic movie character Rocky Balboa. He then said he wouldn’t apologize, instead offering that “my brain was slower than my mouth.”

“Instead of ‘Maine women,’ I said ‘white women’ and I’m not going to apologize to the Maine women for that because if you go to Maine, you’ll see that we’re essentially 95 percent white,” he said.[/quote]

It seems he is saying that the 5% of non-white women in Maine are smart enough not to get knocked up by a New York smack pusher (of any color!) named D-money; unlike de white wimmens.

One thing I would say is we can add to that old list:

“Never eat at a place called Mom’s, never play poker with a man named Doc, never get involved in a land war in Asia, and never buy dope from a dealer named Shifty.”

1 Like

I thought the Cruz ad was hilarious even if I detest him.

I am not a fan of the cartoon.

Rowland - Do you actually understand what the term racist means? Hint - children are not a race.

Short answer – in the US today, EVERYTHING is racist. EVERYTHING.
I don’t think you can buy a whiteboard anymore without being accused of “white privilege”.

[quote]Short answer – in the US today, EVERYTHING is racist. EVERYTHING.
I don’t think you can buy a whiteboard anymore without being accused of “white privilege”.[/quote]

That sounds racist to me. :wink:

It’s rumored that Al Jazeera America is shutting down. I wonder why.

OTOH, sometimes racism is a good thing:

[quote] There is a reason that blacks appear to have been spared the worst of the narcotic epidemic, said Dr. Andrew Kolodny, a drug abuse expert. Studies have found that doctors are much more reluctant to prescribe painkillers to minority patients, worrying that they might sell them or become addicted.

“The answer is that racial stereotypes are protecting these patients from the addiction epidemic,” said Dr. Kolodny, a senior scientist at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University and chief medical officer for Phoenix House Foundation, a national drug and alcohol treatment company.[/quote]

nytimes.com/2016/01/17/scien … hites.html

[quote=“ironlady”]Short answer – in the US today, EVERYTHING is racist. EVERYTHING.
I don’t think you can buy a whiteboard anymore without being accused of “white privilege”.[/quote]

:laughing:

I’m glad it’s not just me who thinks so. I’m probably racist.

Cultural appropriation!

blog.angryasianman.com/2016/01/t … d.html?m=1

What is this I don’t even…

Ha ha! I actually guessed that it must have been Austin, Texas before I clicked on the link! Only Texans could be that redneck, yet only Austonians could be that cuturally open, thought I, correctly as it turned out. Anyway, appropriate away with the food, I say!

Came to post this…

Spotted this…

[quote=“rowland”]Came to post this…

Spotted this…

[/quote]

Used to see that posted all over China in the 1980s.

is it racist to call an entire race racist? Is it racist to accuse Bill Maher of whitesplaining? What would Ricky Ricardo have said?

deadline.com/2016/01/bill-maher- … 201688927/

[quote]“I’m just honest. They don’t want to see black people generally in their movies. The Hollywood executives are, like, ‘We’re not racist, we just have to pretend to be racists because we’re capitalists. We want to sell our movies in China (and) they don’t like Kevin Hart.’ ”

Grayson wasn’t having it, saying through a smile, “You just said they’re racist, that makes you racist.”[/quote]

Maybe he was being ironical.

Telling black people what they’re not allowed to say or think?

splitsider.com/2016/03/larry-wil … upporters/

See, this is why we have a secret ballot. And preference falsification.