The oddest foreigner you've met here -- share your story

There will be plenty at this event this coming Sunday. I know myself, Sandman, DC, and many other fine furriners will be there.

Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English

This thread is absolute classic. I feel like we’ve stumbled on a secret tunnel or something.

2 Likes

Plenty of which kind? :s

Today I was buying gum at Watson’s and this man with a North American accent smiled at me and said “You are about as sexy as a bag of worms.” I stared at him blankly and he said “Well?” So I walked off.
I think he wins.

Canadian fisherman.

It was a compliment.

I think you won. He left Watson’s with his teeth intact and his dignity in shreds.

I thought the title of this thread was “The oldest foreigner you’ve met here…”

And when I saw that Sandman had just written something, I thought it was like a sign that I should post here…

Yeah? Well, I though it said “The odourest foreigner you’ve met here” so I didn’t write “Irishstu” because he’s the odourest person I’ve ever met ANYWHERE.

…and with a few gentle caresses of the keyboard, two kindred spirits become one…
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 266#174266

oh dear

I beat you to the punchline by three years? Stu, you’ve gotta keep up, man… :noway:

Wow, that is SO romantic!! Imma crai happee tearz. :’)

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
Greetings from the Souvlaki capital of Oz…
I can rattle off a bunch of stories about ‘unique’ individuals I met whilst serving my term as the publican with the mullet… Probably the ones that made me feel a little uneasy were a latent hippy US couple who , ahem, asked me to accompany me back to their hotel so hubby could watch me do his wife while he was tied to a chair…I politely declined! Eeeeew!
They were certainly ‘Strange Days’ to quote the Doors.
Had a few interesting times with some well known 'Mosans…
an Absinthe binge with a fellow countryman who is now Taiwanese,
a great chat in the loo about ‘South American politics’ with a well known muso at the Shannon HH,
As family life has become the focus these days, I can only look back at my life in Taiwan as a truly amazing experience and a lot of fab memories and friends. Thank God that we have so many brain cells, as I certainly left a few back in Tai weird!
Sandman, WTF is liquid bowel chutney?? LOL

PS- hope you are all well!

1 Like

No no noes! I was saying he won the weirdy award. Not that he won our Watson’s thingy. I won that one by default since I didn’t say anything at all I never got to say anything as asinine as he.

I don’t get people. Even if I was a hunchback, had 2 teeth, and was pock marked how is it anyone’s business to tell a woman they don’t know that she is unattractive?

Only a little uneasy, eh? :wink:

Well, I ran a bar and am hardly shocked by anything, but these guys…sheesh! Oh, she was about 40 odd and had braces! Yukko!

So… how much were they offering for… such services? A “friend” wants to know. ::cough cough::

I nominate “little b bob.” :wink:

It twas a wonderful night… Absynthe sure does wonders after working outside on a windy & rainy December day at 5C.

But a binge I remember not… surely we never consumed more than 2 bottles each in one sitting? :smiley:

Does this thread contain any reference to “Neil” from the Bushiban? If not, it probably should.

Note to patronising autocensor twat machine: Bushiban is a proper noun.