The Official Game Club Thread - 2011/12

Thread split from: [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/the-official-game-club-thread/34553/1 Official Game Club Thread[/url]

The address for Caca City (the branch we play at) is Qingnian Rd. #66, B1, Taipei City, Wanhua District - 台北市萬華區青年路66號B1. You can take a bus there from Ximen MRT, CKS Memorial Hall, or Taipei Main Station. The bus stop is 中正新城站. I usually take the 630 from Ren’ai Rd. I haven’t gone from Ximen for a while so I don’t remember the bus lines from there, but you’ll be heading west. Coming up from the Ximen station, you’ll be at the big exit where most of the crowd will be heading. It ends up in front of the pedestrian area. Walk out and go back south along the exit wall toward the huge Partyworld across the street to the bus stop in the middle (going in the direction closest to the MRT exit). There will be a bank of buses going to the stop “zhong1zheng4 xin1cheng2 zhan4” (中正新城站) which is toward the end of most of the routes. Just check the maps to be sure.

People from our group usually start rolling in around 2pm onwards and we have been known to stay until closing time at 11pm, although you are free to come and go. They have a deal, if you think you will be going regularly, where you earn credit towards freebies and discounts with a membership (cost is only $100 or something similar). This week, Dixit (with the expansion deck), Le Havre, and Carson City are probable games along with other favorites like Ghost Stories, Power Grid, Factory Manager, Dominion, Blue Moon City, and Small World (with the Cursed and Grand Dames expansions). Click on the links to find out more about these games if you are not familiar with them yet… and don’t worry - most of us teach kids how to play these games so they are not that difficult to understand. We usually have two or three tables playing at a time so there are lots of choices.

You don’t need to bring anything really as they have different teas and some foods there and the games are open to use. We don’t play DnD there on Sundays, but I can help you find a group if you are interested or looking for DnD paraphernalia to game with.

If you need help finding the place, you can call me at 092 087 3727. My real name is Tarra.

Hope this helps. Happy gaming and see you there! :smiley:

Glad I got to meet you all, and I’ll see you next week! :bow:

The game left a lot to be desired b/c it required an IQ of over 90 and I have an IQ of…what’s the number after 50? 60? That doesn’t sound right.

But it was a TOTAL blast getting my butt handed to me by 4 really fun folks! I will definitely try to be there (prior appointment but I can change it!) with my half-deck of Uno! Or my 3 piece connect four.

Roll call: who’s planning on coming to Caca City tomorrow?
I think the following people have said they’re in…
MilkTeaJack
Tarra
Me

Who else?

[quote=“JuliaZ”]Roll call: who’s planning on coming to Caca City tomorrow?
I think the following people have said they’re in…
MilkTeaJack
Tarra
Me

Who else?[/quote]

bump

[quote=“ImaniOU”]The address for Caca City (the branch we play at) is Qingnian Rd. #66, B1, Taipei City, Wanhua District - 台北市萬華區青年路66號B1. You can take a bus there from Ximen MRT, CKS Memorial Hall, or Taipei Main Station. The bus stop is 中正新城站. I usually take the 630 from Ren’ai Rd. I haven’t gone from Ximen for a while so I don’t remember the bus lines from there, but you’ll be heading west. Coming up from the Ximen station, you’ll be at the big exit where most of the crowd will be heading. It ends up in front of the pedestrian area. Walk out and go back south along the exit wall toward the huge Partyworld across the street to the bus stop in the middle (going in the direction closest to the MRT exit). There will be a bank of buses going to the stop “zhong1zheng4 xin1cheng2 zhan4” (中正新城站) which is toward the end of most of the routes. Just check the maps to be sure.

People from our group usually start rolling in around 2pm onwards and we have been known to stay until closing time at 11pm, although you are free to come and go. They have a deal, if you think you will be going regularly, where you earn credit towards freebies and discounts with a membership (cost is only $100 or something similar). This week, Dixit (with the expansion deck), Le Havre, and Carson City are probable games along with other favorites like Ghost Stories, Power Grid, Factory Manager, Dominion, Blue Moon City, and Small World (with the Cursed and Grand Dames expansions). Click on the links to find out more about these games if you are not familiar with them yet… and don’t worry - most of us teach kids how to play these games so they are not that difficult to understand. We usually have two or three tables playing at a time so there are lots of choices.

You don’t need to bring anything really as they have different teas and some foods there and the games are open to use. We don’t play DnD there on Sundays, but I can help you find a group if you are interested or looking for DnD paraphernalia to game with.

If you need help finding the place, you can call me at 092 087 3727. My real name is Tarra.

Hope this helps. Happy gaming and see you there! :smiley:[/quote]
Is this still happening? I’ll be in Taipei in November and would like to join in. Thanks!

Is there anything you’d like to play that I could bring with me from the U.S.?

Not joining today b/c I have an early start tomorrow: wish me luck, its about a job.

However, I am preparing a homemade game. No one may be interested but I thought I would try. RPG-lite with storytelling elements.

[quote=“DiaFun”]
Is this still happening? I’ll be in Taipei in November and would like to join in. Thanks!

Is there anything you’d like to play that I could bring with me from the U.S.?[/quote]

It’s pretty much always happening on Sundays and sometimes more often in the week. The best place to keep up with what’s happening with the Game group is on FB because most of the members use that page. Here’s the link again to the FB group… :slight_smile: facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 … 933&v=wall

There will be a Summoners War tournament at Caca City (see the address in my post above) starting from 2pm onwards on Saturday, December 18th. Details can be found on the facebook page Magda mentioned. The next two Sundays will be bye weeks as will January 2nd most likely.

Serious gamers interested in serious hex war gaming, I would like to set up and play “When Dragon’s Fight: If China Invades Taiwan” by Command Games (designed by Ty Bomba).

There is a new Facebook group here … :slight_smile: facebook.com/home.php?sk=gro … 65953&ap=1 Same group same people just a new link :slight_smile:

I have to admit, I’m a bit lazy today so I don’t want to read thru 16 pages.
Is there still a game club? I used to love board games when I lived back in Sweden but I haven’t played anything besides “Mahjong” and “da lao 2” since I came to Taiwan 2.5 years ago, and I would love to play something else. Right now I’m between jobs so my weeks and weekends are pretty open.
So if you guys still exist and want another player please let me know. Btw, I don’t have Facebook (I know big shock) so I can’t join any groups there.
Thanks for letting me know
Rickard

Bismarck, is there a way to make this post a sticky so I don’t have to keep reposting this?

[quote=“One page ago, ImaniOU”]The address for Caca City (the branch we play at) is Qingnian Rd. #66, B1, Taipei City, Wanhua District - 台北市萬華區青年路66號B1. You can take a bus there from Ximen MRT, CKS Memorial Hall, or Taipei Main Station. The bus stop is 中正新城站. I usually take the 630 from Ren’ai Rd. I haven’t gone from Ximen for a while so I don’t remember the bus lines from there, but you’ll be heading west. Coming up from the Ximen station, you’ll be at the big exit where most of the crowd will be heading. It ends up in front of the pedestrian area. Walk out and go back south along the exit wall toward the huge Partyworld across the street to the bus stop in the middle (going in the direction closest to the MRT exit). There will be a bank of buses going to the stop “zhong1zheng4 xin1cheng2 zhan4” (中正新城站) which is toward the end of most of the routes. Just check the maps to be sure.

Hope this helps. Happy gaming and see you there! :smiley:[/quote]

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Bismarck, is there a way to make forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 0#p1205791 a sticky so I don’t have to keep reposting this?

[quote=“One page ago, ImaniOU”]The address for Caca City (the branch we play at) is Qingnian Rd. #66, B1, Taipei City, Wanhua District - 台北市萬華區青年路66號B1. You can take a bus there from Ximen MRT, CKS Memorial Hall, or Taipei Main Station. The bus stop is 中正新城站. I usually take the 630 from Ren’ai Rd. I haven’t gone from Ximen for a while so I don’t remember the bus lines from there, but you’ll be heading west. Coming up from the Ximen station, you’ll be at the big exit where most of the crowd will be heading. It ends up in front of the pedestrian area. Walk out and go back south along the exit wall toward the huge Partyworld across the street to the bus stop in the middle (going in the direction closest to the MRT exit). There will be a bank of buses going to the stop “zhong1zheng4 xin1cheng2 zhan4” (中正新城站) which is toward the end of most of the routes. Just check the maps to be sure.

Hope this helps. Happy gaming and see you there! :smiley:[/quote][/quote]

[quote=“Lappy”]I have to admit, I’m a bit lazy today so I don’t want to read thru 16 pages.
Is there still a game club? I used to love board games when I lived back in Sweden but I haven’t played anything besides “Mahjong” and “da lao 2” since I came to Taiwan 2.5 years ago, and I would love to play something else. Right now I’m between jobs so my weeks and weekends are pretty open.
So if you guys still exist and want another player please let me know. Btw, I don’t have Facebook (I know big shock) so I can’t join any groups there.
Thanks for letting me know
Rickard[/quote]

I specifically asked if anybody was going to be there today so that I would NOT spend two hours going there, get there at 3pm, find an empty place and then spend two hours going back home again.
But thanks a lot
No worries I won’t go there again

Split it into a 2011 thread and Stickied it. Sorry I didn’t see it earlier. If I seem to miss something important like this in future, please feel free to pm me.

just in case… we’re still active and meeting on most sundays :slight_smile: everyone welcome! facebook.com/groups/taipeigamers/

Hi all, are there any clubs out there that play a lot of warhammer 40k? I have a big army and would love have some people to play regularly. I also have a few WH fantasy models but most of it is still back home.

Hey I play Space Marines and Orks. So if your keen for a game that would be great. It appears this club does not play much 40k. But those other games look great the zombies look awesome whens the next meet?

I hope this is okay, I don’t want to intrude on your club. I am interested in serious board wargaming, if there are others. I have a number of war-games to choose from. Thank you those interested.

Anyone interested in Axis and Allies or Risk please notify me.