The Retarded News - a facepalm

Teh Grauniad can’t catch a break lately.

heatst.com/life/guardian-seeks-s … sm_tw_post

The story was widely circulated on the usual social justice blogs as evidence of the “rape culture” in the USA. And there were loads of accusations that the University of Virginia was “covering up” the truth, and was “indifferent” to the victim’s suffering, etc. As it turns out, journalist Sabrina Erdely has finally had to admit that the “victim” probably fabricated the entire story, and Rolling Stone is facing a $10 million defamation lawsuit by Associate Dean Nicole Eramo, plus a separate lawsuit by the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity.

New legal filings detail reporting of Rolling Stone’s U-Va. gang rape story

The story was widely circulated on the usual social justice blogs as evidence of the “rape culture” in the USA. And there were loads of accusations that the University of Virginia was “covering up” the truth, and was “indifferent” to the victim’s suffering, etc. As it turns out, journalist Sabrina Erdely has finally had to admit that the “victim” probably fabricated the entire story, and Rolling Stone is facing a $10 million defamation lawsuit by Associate Dean Nicole Eramo, plus a separate lawsuit by the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity.

New legal filings detail reporting of Rolling Stone’s U-Va. gang rape story[/quote]

Make that “facing multiple lawsuits” by UVa and the fraternity boys. At least one lawsuit was dismissed on technicalities. Ain’t shit gonna happen to “Jackie” though. Oh, and Erdely keeps her job, too. This article is still making my stomach turn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/04/05/columbia-school-of-journalism-report-on-rolling-stones-a-rape-on-campus/

And this one explains why this ain’t over, by a long shot.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/01/why-rolling-stones-lawyers-arent-celebrating-the-defamation-lawsuits-dismissal/

[quote=“super_lucky”]
Make that “facing multiple lawsuits” by UVa and the fraternity boys. At least one lawsuit was dismissed on technicalities. Ain’t shit gonna happen to “Jackie” though. Oh, and Erdely keeps her job, too. This article is still making my stomach turn.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/04/05/columbia-school-of-journalism-report-on-rolling-stones-a-rape-on-campus/

And this one explains why this ain’t over, by a long shot.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/07/01/why-rolling-stones-lawyers-arent-celebrating-the-defamation-lawsuits-dismissal/[/quote]

Thank you for the very interesting links. The second one in particular had a lot of up-to-date info I wasn’t aware of.

Erdely keeps her job - yeah, I guess if Rolling Stone fired her (as they most certainly should do), Erdely would sue for “gender discrimination.”

cheers,
DB

Poor kid. The constant fear of getting a new classmate called Brutus must be overwhelming.

newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-gra … shes-booed

You never want to be the only player sticking to the script.

Outsourcing their core incompetency:

It takes a montage…

That was sort of brilliant from MSNCB (in a retarded way, which fits the title of this thread).
They got the report, it was LITERALLY nothing and showed that Trump paid what he was supposed to pay, so they created hype on social media to attract viewers and they focused on:“WELL BUT MAYBE TRUMP AVOIDED PAYING MONEY IN OTHER WAYS, MAYBE IN DIFFERENT YEARS”.

So people who want to hear shittalking about Trump got a bit of what they were looking for, while normal people just had further confirmation of how low the msm has fallen (while still giving MSNBC free views/clicks).

In the short term, all clicks are good clicks. And in the long run, we’re all dead.

If she manages her money well, she’ll be set for life. Pandering to morons pays, if you do it on a wholesale basis.

It’s not a contradiction. It’s a cause-effect relationship.

NK has a beautiful subway? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

Nice subways make nice bomb shelters.

1 Like

They have people to build it, just don’t pay them. All for the ‘Dear Leader’, the only obese person in NK. Eating all the people’s food!

Wrong: everyone is sharing food with their visionary leader. Equity for all, yo!

Sharing is caring, comrades!

Guns and sexism!

Annie, get your gun.

1 Like

Personally, I think those thigh holsters are pretty damn sexy.

His argument seems to be they need to do concealed carry for some reason. What reason, I can’t imagine.