The Return of The Flob

Well, I believe CS is the new economy.[/quote]

Yip. MLM has a new face and name!

I did some community theatre stuff in Japan. A good idea is showing one scene from two perspectives. How do locals view a scene? How does Johnny Foreigner view the same scene? Works well. Audience love variants on repetition. You can have that idea for free, old bean. :smiley:

I did some community theatre stuff in Japan. A good idea is showing one scene from two perspectives. How do locals view a scene? How does Johnny Foreigner view the same scene? Works well. Audience love variants on repetition. You can have that idea for free, old bean. :smiley:[/quote]

I think you are missing the forest here. This is a simple request to help out a hard-working teacher. If you don’t/can’t help, that’s fine. As I said, he is willing to go it alone and will probably get his students to search for themselves. I just thought we might have some pearls to cast their way that they might otherwise miss.

Great idea about the different perspectives. I enjoy a good cover song too.

I did some community theatre stuff in Japan. A good idea is showing one scene from two perspectives. How do locals view a scene? How does Johnny Foreigner view the same scene? Works well. Audience love variants on repetition. You can have that idea for free, old bean. :smiley:[/quote]

you could have one version told by an idiot, and one from the point of view of the Filipino maid, call it “The Sound and the Fury”.

Fair use for educational purposes rather than commercial purposes.
[/quote]

It’s not educational, though. No child will be a better or more accomplished person as a result of this. They will learn how to make didactic boring amateur theatre scripts, maybe? The world needs more of those, Lord only knows. :cactus:

Fair use for educational purposes rather than commercial purposes.
[/quote]

It’s not educational, though. No child will be a better or more accomplished person as a result of this. They will learn how to make didactic boring amateur theatre scripts, maybe? The world needs more of those, Lord only knows. :cactus:[/quote]

Rather narrow view, doncha think? It’s an English environment. It’s a fun way to use that environment when compared with the usual rote tripe. Also educational in the audio-visual sense. Team-work? Creativity?

Positivity will help you live longer E. Negativity kills.

Yet still I draw breath.

Just call me the Edmund Burke of the ‘edutainment for lower middle class kids’ trend. ‘All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for women to say Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhh so creative!!!’

Got a class to teach. Rich kids. Small class size. Writing abstracts for their theses.

I think it is a super idea, if done well. I’m just not keen on saying exactly what materials should be used.

Maybe you can incorporate a “spoon” vs, Chopsticks theme… :ponder: :stuck_out_tongue: to signify the differences between cultures
I’ll get my coat :cry:

I hope they’re not planning on making a mockery of foreigners’ misery in Taiwan…

Just let them see this thread.

I was thinking the same thing. :wink: