The services the government provides...

I give you all that plus 4th world calamities… man, my eyes hurt seeing people’s reactions on FB to the Pride March. Kudos to the courageous ones who showed their colors but the comments… I am not religious but I grab a stone and hit meself hard in me chest saying “Thank you Lord for bringing me to Taiwan where I do not have to live that”. Then I perform the Papal salute on this land.

[quote=“monkey_yuan, post:33, topic:161353, full:true”]
Irish people are not funny. [/quote]

Maybe not compared to Kiwis! :rofl:

In my opinion, the Orange Order should allow Catholics to join. Some Catholics despise the IRA, love the UK, and then there is the actual history. When William won the Battle of the Boyne, Vatican bells were rung to celebrate. The very Catholic Vatican were allied with the very Protestant William. Just as some (not all) Scots-Irish Presbyterians fought for a very Catholic and Jacobite James.

Snoozefest.

1 Like

Anything substantive to add? Nah, did not think so. :sleeping:

Interesting topic to me. I, haha think Taiwan needs to change like NZ has done, where in NZ things are changing mostly for the better. Often I feel the living standard in Taiwan is not getter better for the young people here. But first the weather.

Well this week it’s about 15 degrees colder (9-16C in Auckland where I was last week vs 29C in Kaoshiung now) now in July, but in December it’s about the same, but the humid weather in Taiwan makes it feel warmer.

Back to the main topic. Based on movement of people, I would say Taiwanese (and based on numbers on New Zealanders in Taiwan) think New Zealand is better. The seems to be more Taiwanese in NZ, than the reverse by far. That being said , there are quite a bit New Zealand born people living out of NZ most in Aussie (Which in general has a better living standard but the gap is getting smaller). I will say(my opinion) the more recent NZ government(s) have done a better job than in the past as far at the increasing overall living standards than in the past, and better than the current Taiwan government. NZ wages are lower than US/Aussie now. but as the gap narrows road, and other things will improve. In Taiwan wages in general have not changed for a long period of time, and what I see lots of living today from past wealth, things do not look good with wealth and brain drain. Compare that to NZ, there is a lot of investment from outside NZ and net talent gain. Part of my job is to promote New Zealand, Aussie and other selected nations so I somewhat different view from you, but that is how I see it.