The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

Dry in terms of rain, but somehow quite humid.

Yeah, all the water is just hanging in the air instead of raining down like it should. Makes me feel like I’m coated with a layer of slime.

Morning: sunny and hot, would have been perfect to go to the beach
Early afternoon: slight breeze
Middle afternoon: showers
Now: dark sky, really strong wind, temperature must have dropped 8+ degrees from this morning

?_?

Rained for a hot minute in every district here in Taipei.

Havne’t stepped outside yet, but I expect muggy AF.

I think the weather must be affecting everyone. Anhe Lu and Tonghua Night Market Street are like a ghost town tonight.

What does meiyu refer to?

Plum rain, the rainy season that happens every year around this time.

1 Like

Taiwan is the nose, the two high-eyes, the meiyu front is the mouth, and Philippines is the goatee…

But what does that mean? Happy Dragon Boat Festival?

Taipei is set to get a taste of the meiyu finally - in fact a heavy rain warning has been issued for the whole island more or less

But then it’s forecast to settle back into the southerly position again so more rain down south and dry up north - and quite cool - the top of 26 is 6 degrees below the ave for Taipei

Wunderground is currently forecasting around 90mm of rain tomorrow (i.e. Friday) in Taipei. To forumosans in our nation’s lovely capital: watch out!

Guy

Guess the (relatively) good times had to end sooner or later. At least it’s gonna cool off a few degrees.

It was so soupy in Hsinchu, I felt like I was swimming to work. The climate can use a nice wringing out.

Is Taipei under water restrictions like those in Taoyuan and Hsinchu?

Here we go! 80 mil in the last hour in Sanzhi and over 300 for the day!

That’s flash-flooding level - should be an interesting commute this morning for anyone in the north

Damn. Im 35km from Taipei and not a single drop of rain yet.

Yeah, it’s just affecting the northern tip right now but i guess it’s coming down.

400+ mil for Sanzhi - 16 inches - that’s a typhoon level of rain

Maybe we will have a day off from work for too much rain

Not much at all happening in Taipei yet. Streets are still kind of dry, no umbrellas, but the sky looks like it wants to attack. Looks like tornado weather.

Yep. After that deluge last night, I had the rainboots by the door this morning, and woke up half an hour earlier, as my original plan was to take a taxi to work - seriously, this boil on my leg hurts! / but if it is raining, MRT it is…packed as Tokyo sardines. Lo and behold, in Xindian, Rainstorm Central, not a drop this morning. Took the taxi without hassle and there was practically no traffic all the way to work.

Now I look at the angry sky and really regret not bringing the rainboots/raincoat. Lunch time we’ll need a cayuco. Evening commute wil be a hoot.

500 mil in Sanzhi! Including 100 in the last hour - so it’s actually gone up a level!

That’s landslide territory

No rain in Hsinchuang so wearing my casual ballerina shoes.
Now, its raining here at Xinyi District (near 101)

It’s ok, if its rain after work, love the rain.