The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

Lovin’ the summer heat. Gin and ginger ales cool me down. My dogs don’t like it though (the heat, that is).

Neither apparently do inebriated raccoons.

Guy

Well, as a matter of fact, I had something that I GUESS that could be a heat stroke on Sunday morning. May be the fact that I didn’t have dinner nor breakfast also didn’t help. The symptoms were dizziness and tingling in my hands/arms, similar to what I have experienced when doing “extreme hotspring” :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps to be breaking up with my (now ex)gf is another factor.

Here in our nation’s lovely capital, we’re heading into a stretch of very hot weather: the wunderground forecast calls for highs of 36 for the next four days:

Enjoy the beauty, but be sure to stay hydrated folks–and watch out for too much sun!

Guy

It’s the humidity that starts up late afternoon and last into late evening that kills me.

Like last night walking around felt like I’m standing in a shower with my clothes on.

Not sure whether I would take that over the cloudless sky and 30C at 9AM this morning.

New high mark for the year: 38C in Taipei at midday

Aaaannd my first day in Taipei. Woo!

So much for acclimation

Welcome!

A warm welcome.

Actually probably best this way. I got here and was like “WOW. So THIS is what people were talking about.”

So hopefully its only better from here on hah

It’s gonna get hotter!

Welcome to the island where people come to but nobody leaves.

May I ask where you’re coming from?

Chicago

OK… no idea of how hot it could be there now… will need to check!

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the airport
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

Welcome, it will take some time, but you will get there eventually :slight_smile:

I leave home by bicycle at 6.20 am and it’s already painfully hot xP

I miss those 48 hours of Spring we’ve had.

I think that’s an urban myth, I don’t think it ever really happened.
Just a retrograde mass hysteria born of mental instability from the heat.

I definitely find meself getting up later and later in the morning because I can’t bear the thought of crawling out of my bedroom AC cave…