The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

Anyone sick of the rain yet? Surprisingly, there are some dedicated runners I encounter every time I head out. This one guy is at the track every day. Damn good runner.

rain 2

I like the rain to clean up the weather.
Aside from that it helps to water my outdoor plants at veranda.

I used to feel that way too when I lived in LA and Seoul. But here, starting pretty soon, cold fronts from China will bring with them all the pollution from the region.

Seems someone up there finally flipped the switch. I am impressed.

Saturday’s high could reach 25, 29 and 30 degrees Celsius in northern, central, and southern regions respectively, while the low could hit 19 in much of the country except the southern region, according to the forecast. The temperature gap between day and night could be up to 10 degrees Celsius.

Question: since the pendulum swang so hard to the heat side, are we expecting a colder than usual winter or no winter at all like this year?

Cold air mass…the three sweetest words in the English language!

until

1 Like

Bit chilly tonight. Just got up to put some socks on. It is already a 3 cat and one dog night .

My cat Icon is sleeping on the wifi router. Sigh.

https://youtu.be/UiKcd7yPLdU?list=PL8WXU3ztby8kEm0fYHb4T3jWAoD9KisgH

2 Likes

The temperature outside in Taipei could hardly be any better than it is now. Better get out.

2 Likes

I would but I am watching tv with two cats on top and a doggie on my feet. BTW, Bobby is already wearing a sweater.

Bit chilly pretty fast. But I do not dare to change closets yet. We can still get a warm front or something.

It was pretty damn cold yesterday morning, but it did warm up a bit as the day went on.

I’m already in 4 layers on the scoots. I do miss the warm summer breeze already.

I am lurving this weather. My internal heater more than counteracts any chillness. Perfect.

Yeah, it is a little cooler. I had to switch from wife-beater to short sleeves for the scooter ride.

Cold? It is perfect. Can we keep this same exact temperature for awhile?

1 Like

Today’s temperature -10C and a written guarantee it won’t rain = my heaven

It is 20 degrees in Taipei and I am wearing weatherized hiking pants and a sweater that when alive was a rabbit, so I am cozy. I am wondering how I survived in the ol country where it is 18 to 22 degrees most of the year. As a matter of fact, it is 21 degrees there right now.

That really sounds like my kind of place. Too bad you won’t tell us where it is. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Yep, I can see you in the Italian colony in the mountains, making great cheese.

I’ve been here long enough to narrow down the guesses to these two…

1 Like