The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

Wait, what?!

HZ0UjgF

2 Likes

It was 32 in Austin on Friday. Crazy-hot for November. I pulled up a comparative between Taipei and Austin for this week expecting them to be nearly the same. Whoa! Wednesday is crazy. I’m not ready for this. I forgot how to handle cold.
TPE on left, ATX on right
93E9FCF9-A397-40CF-8953-C1F2CE85E052

rollercoaster weather returns. 31 tomorrow and 24 on Wednesday.

dawg

This is the recording for the last 24h, but most of it fell during the late night and early morning. My shoes will never get dry -_-
All creeks around my house are filled with water, no overflow yet. By the time I got to the pass for skydragon city the rain was easing down a bit, so I doubt we’ll have flooding issues. The weather beaureuaaueu (whatever its spelled) announced an heavy rain warning for Yilan, but as long as it’s not “torrential rain” I don’t worry too much. My shoes will smell like moldy dogs for days, though.

I’m not complaining about heavy rain coming down in the evening for the past few days in Sky Dragon City.

Nonetheless, the weather couldn’t be more up and down. Warm one day and cool the next. I’m seeing people in their puffy jackets already, but I’m seeing girlies still wearing tshirts and short shorts.

Last weekend in Taichung I called my dad and we were having a laugh because while I was on the phone with him I realized that around me there were people wearing clothes ranging from next-to-nothing (some meimei) to long sleeves + fairly heavy jacket, plus all the possible in-betweens.
Yilan Monday was warmer than Taichung ( o___O ), but now we’re back to regular November weather.

My body has adjusted to the weather here. I remember not feeling cold whenever it dropped below 20C when I first moved back. I would say…I would wear a hoodie in 20C weather, whereas now I would wear a light wind breaker.

However, I still do not get how people can be wearing puffy jackets when the temp is above 20C. That can’t be good for their health…

Ok, so, rice fields were overflowing last night, but roads were still in good conditions. Heavy rain stopped around 10pm. It was wet and cloudy until this morning, with some occasional showers. I come to Taipei and it’s summer.

What the actual fuck, guys…

4 Likes

So the other day I took a leave hoping for a last beach day. It rained. Red flags all over WaiAo. Today… today I don’t see a single cloud in Taipei… :fire:

http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V7e/forecast/index2.htm

50% of chace later on. In the meantime, I hope everyone is wearing short sleeves.

this island is crazy. You can not trust Taiwanese… but you can not trust Taiwan either!!! :rage:

2 Likes

No kidding. Mon to Fri it’s OK to go outdoors. Then on the weekend, the weather sucks.

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/台北白天破32度-氣象局:入夜變天、北部東半部恐-074111762.html?nf=1

32 degrees at 2pm in Taipei. Overly ridiculous.

In taichung everything is grey >_>

Forecast says 21 degrees day and night for the weekend and most of the week, plus rain.

Should have done my laundry earlier.

How about that rain shower last night.

I’m glad the on going trend has been evening monsoons and clear during the day.

P_20171113_115508_vHDR_Auto

not bad in Pingdong / Pingtung / Pingdxvjf whatever it’s spelled.
The amount of drunk foreigners made me feel embarrassed of being one, though.