The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

So today I wanted to ride my bicycle to the office. According to Accuweather’s predictions, there would be a window of 1 rainless hour for making it to the office, more than what I really need. However I saw that the ground was wet and mentally said “fuck it” (I said mentally but I already started to think out loud, like if I were crazy, but I’m not crazy, I just started to do it 20 or 25 years ago, so it’s nothing, I don’t know what you are thinking, but actually I’m pretty sure you also think out loud and scare people around, just beware that people around you think you are crazy, but anyway, the thing is that I don’t even know if it’s said “to think out loud” or perhaps “think aloud” which is the first thing that came to my mind but then I said "look, you need to look that up in Google and yeah, there I was thinking aloud again, or perhaps thinking out loud, fuck it, yeah, that’s what I mean, FUCK IT, AAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHH

Another beautiful DARK SKY day in Taipei.

I love the dark, moody skies. Maybe it’s my Viking heritage.

Shitty weather. No bicycle today, no vitamin D either.

And it will remains cold -highs of 22- and rainy until Tuesday, when the pendulum swings to 29 degrees…again.

Not a very nice Autumn.

Of course the nice weather comes during the week not the weekend.

Take it when you can!

Though I must say I quite like this drop in temperatures here in Taipei. I feel way less messed up when temperatures are consistently cold, not up-and-down like a yoyo with some demonic humidifier running full blast around me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Guy

Dry. Bicycle day.

15 degrees in Taipei. As Chus reports, still dry, windy and chippy.

It’s been pretty dry ever since the last drop of rain on Wednesday evening.

Lips got super chapped last night when I went out for a ride and woke up this morning with a dry throat. Very weird.

Not sure what I make of that jump back to 29C next week.

If it indeed arrives, it is a gift wrapped in a riddle tied up in an enigma–as is almost all weather in our lovely capital.

Guy

I’m having a little trouble processing this sentence… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I am appalled to inform that since last night we have crossed the threshold of coldness and there are currently six cats and a dog in my bed. Yes, November at 15 degrees and there are 8 warm bodies on my bed.

Horrible weather for the Golden Horse Awards red carpet. Horrid.

1 Like

in keeping with that theme, always loved to play this song on the car radio when i was driving along the coast in our famous, cold and wet and dark winter days on the wan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDK-svDR5uc

2 Likes

i can remember it being warmer last year. on christmas day i was in shorts and t-shirt. and how has it switched from oppressive sweaty heat to rainy winter cold with no comfortable weather in between? i feel robbed.

Eh wait for next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqZc7ZQURMs
I think Icon may like this also. Hope the Cats keeps you warm

2 Likes

We are in for rollercoaster weather. Next week is going to feel like summer again. By next weekend it will rain and temps will dip down to wintery levels only to go back up again.

Up, down, up, down
Round and round we go. Where we stop, nobody knows.

I would much rather enjoy a chilly autumn, cold winter, wet spring and warm summer. I don’t enjoy these weather rollercoaster rides.

Indeed! Rhiannon was the song that introduced me to FLEETWOOD MAC and likewise Year of the Cat was the song that introduced me to Al Stewart. That album was his best album.

Best two songs for me from that album (although all were good) is the Year of the Cat and On the Border.

ps good to see you on the board again Shiadoa. Hope all is well. HOw’s the wifes Spanish?