The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

You’ve come to the wrong planet for that.

1 Like

Look outside! Bright!

And the beach is so far…

Now this is what I call a sunny day. Blue sky not overcast.

32 degrees right now in Taipei.

22 in the bunker.

Low of 15 degrees next Tuesday. That kind of temperature sine wave can’t be good for kids.

But might as well enjoy things today. The wife and youngest one are at the park on their bikes.

The weather guy thsi morning was adamant that this will be the last “autumm tiger” we will have …

Maybe he forgot to mention “this month” or maybe “this year”.

I didn’t feel like 32. It was more like 28?

Blue sky 2 days in a row and no typhoon inbound, getting close to a record.

1 Like

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/video/高溫可達31度-濕涼至下週二-052800608.html?nf=1

That was about an hour ago.

No blue skies in Shulin.
When I look outside I see only smog in every direction. Kind of scary TBH.

Something weird with the air quality. Great in Xizhi (index of 42), then red as you work your way westward (152 in Linkou). Never seen that before.

It might be related to what Icon reported, the burnt factory… Shit, need to escape from this island xD

No, they put that fire out in a few hours. It was nothing like the Federal Tire factory fire earlier this year. The one yesterday only needed 79 firefighters and 23 fire trucks. The Federal fire needed almost 300 firefighters and 80 fire trucks!

Yesterday, from our factory, we could see a thick haze over the sea (we’re on the west coast) and it looked like it was headed this way.

I assume that’s where the cloud is. I hear it’s sunny in Taipei? Out in Danshui we’ve just been in The Cloud all day. I don’t mean we’re under the cloud. We’re in it. AQI 157.

No bike ride for me, so I go to the pool, no one stops me at the front desk, I get to the pool and the top meter of water is missing!

We’re engulfed in fog here in Taoyuan too. Has been like this all day. Visibility was even less this morning on the commute to work.

Whatever that stuff is, it’s seeping through Taipei city now. Looks like some kind of particulate to me, so I just closed all the office windows that were open.

I would definitely skip on the flip turns today.

1 Like

We’ve got our office locked down…as much as we can. Last year, my officemates and I pitched in together to get a Honeywell air purifier. Unfortunately, our factory isn’t exactly airtight, let alone energy efficient! I can just feel my lungs getting blacker.

This is where we’re at. :frowning:

Yikes! Taipei ain’t a whole lot better, but at least it looks temporary.