The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017

There is a red alert strip on the West coast from Nantou up to Taipei. Awful.

Wow, Taipei just went from orange to red. No jogging today (not that I jog).

This sucks. :frowning:

Guy

1 Like

All I can do is look out the window and wish I were out there feeling the warmth on my face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbqQL0J_Vr0

I’m already contemplating using up my last few vacay days and just going out to ride the scoots.

1 Like

Yep. So glad to be at the office. All wrapped up and all stuffed with medication. Yipee.

Then I look out the window and start peeling layers of clothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNS_SUmCJm4

1 Like

2.5 annual leave days remaining with 2 weeks left to use them?

I’ll see everyone tomorrow.

Hello sunshine!

2 Likes

What’s this strange light and eerie blue color in the sky? It must be the end of days!

I have 7 days. I’m spliting for Christmas. I expect chasing the sun down South.

^^Icon, you are lucky me dont have this annual leave

Hopefully the skies stay clear tonight to see the meteor shower!

My your boss suffer all teh karma since he can’t suffer the hand of the law.

Sit by the river and watch your enemies go by and all that jazz.

Of course the afternoon turned into overcast yesterday when I left the office.

Still pretty good in terms of temperature though.

3 Likes

Never fails. Had to call the US this morning when the weather was perfect. Had planned to go up Xiwan Road. Now the weather looks really, really sucky for the weekend. Cold as hell on Sunday. I’m heading to the track tomorrow no matter what, but I see it’s pretty much 100% chance of rain tomorrow. Luckily there are some hardcore guys around at that track so I won’t be completely alone in the miserable conditions.

Yeah, it looks like it’s going to be another crappy weekend in Taipei for us outdoor junkies.

I’m glad to be heading down on my trip south tonight, but not looking forward to coming back in crap weather tomorrow evening.

I’d love to be in the beach now… I have a flight tomorrow afternoon and I’m thinking if to sleep in the coast so that I can enjoy my last short beach day (morning) :smiley:

But it did clear up enough to see several meteors up in Fuxing!! Was pretty impressive.

90% possibilty of rain tomorrow for Northern Taiwan.

Oh, and 13 degrees on Sunday, just for Taipei marathon.

Is it just my imagination, or is everyone pissed off and cranky today? Cold and wet and it being Monday, I can totally understand, but man was it palpable on the way to work today. A car honked at me by my daughter’s school (usually everyone is well-mannered in that fake kind of way around the school), unhappy expressions on the MRT, nobody willing to let you walk your direction without a fight, etc. Even at work when I first arrived. Okay, time to just bury myself in my work and leave everybody alone.

My desktop weather app is forecasting “sunny spells”. Ha! Someone needs to die for that forecast.