The Taiwan Weather Thread

I rode to work in short sleeves this morning, and hopefully I’ll be going home the same way. But if it’s raining when I head home, all bets are off. That’s what the Gore-Tex is for. It’s not lined though, so I should be able to stay reasonably cool. Can I have my winter yet? Please?

Technically, it still wasn’t down to 16C this morning in Taipei, and the challenge was ‘shorts and t-shirt’. However, it should be 16 by the time you go home so if you strip down to your boxer shorts then we have a real contest! Good luck! [quote=“Icon, post:1812, topic:84854”]

I thought maybe it was cold and sunny and windy like the ol country
[/quote]

It hasn’t been, though it’s cold and windy today. Blew in about 8 this morning and it’s a howling gale right now. In fact, it’s gusting up to 113kph on Orchid Island!

I wonder if maybe they were silly enough to attach the rope supports to the branches rather than the trunk? Hard to make out in the photo

The thing is, I’m wearing briefs, not boxers, so if I accept the “shorts” challenge, I may end up with a citation. And anyway, my legs are so hairy it’s almost like wearing “honorary pants.” Now if I could just get one of those honorary doctorates.

To truly accept the challenge, I’d have to shave my legs…and that’s not gonna happen. The ladies (and gents) might get the wrong idea.

1 Like

Hairy legs you say? Me likey! :howyoudoin:

I wonder if maybe they were silly enough to attach the rope supports to the branches rather than the trunk? Hard to make out in the photo

I don’t think so. I trust the Japanese experts they called in wer not that… silly. But from the pics, looks the supports go to the trunk.

1 Like

persuit[quote=“Icon, post:1816, topic:84854, full:true”]
Hairy legs you say? Me likey! :howyoudoin:
[/quote]
Look out your office window around 6:30. If you see a hairy-legged foreigner in briefs with the cops in pursuit, that means I accepted Council’s challenge. No pictures, though. I don’t want to be on the cover of Apple Daily.:slight_smile:

Look out your office window around 6:30. If you see a hairy-legged foreigner in briefs with the cops in pursuit, that means I accepted Council’s challenge. No pictures, though. I don’t want to be on the cover of Apple Daily.:slight_smile:
[/quote]

Once upon a time, many years ago, before Apple Daily got here, there was a drunk furriner in his Adam suit hugging cops on New Year’s day in Xinyi… or so I am told. By no means was anyone hiding and snickering.

So please, go ahead. We had the anti and pro same sex marriage groups clash yesterday. Our cops need a laugh. Poor things.

Its been minus 1C the last week in the morning where I am. And I have had to use water to pour over my windshield before i could drive my car to work . Otherwise ice covered it was. And the rest of the car had a CM or two of snow on it. Not snowing per se, but the frost over the whole car becomes like snow.

And in summer we get as hot as 41C !!
Thank goodness for heaters and aircon !

At least it never stays that cold in the Bay Area, although I do remember those rare occasions when the Berkeley Hills were covered (very briefly) with snow. Then again, we see snow on Yangmingshan every now and then too.

Well, it is 14 degrees right now in Taipei. My cellphone says it is raining. A look out the window tells me it is not.

On of my funniest anecdotes was the first time I helped putting chains on tires. I learned a new word that day: sludge.

[/quote]

Hairy legs.
Big deal.

A big bushy tail, now that’s manly.

2 Likes

Very plush. Be careful it doesn’t end up hanging off the back of somebody’s hat!

By the way, that’s my stunt double slash spokesmodel in the photo. Didn’t want to risk getting the
mange.

Ok, i’ve sent out a tweet on my official government account about your hair-raising stunt so you can expect a reasonable turn-out of people lining your route home.

There’s been an on-line poll about shaving the legs and it’s come in roughly 50-50 - so if you could maybe just shave one leg…

And let us know which one so the respective spectators will know which side of the road to stand

This is starting to sound more and more like some kind of devious “honeypot” operation. Would it be OK if I just shaved my calves on both legs? Is it true that Western-style biandangs are available in the foreigners detention center? If deported to the living purgatory that is California, would I be subject to a lifetime ban from the Beautiful Isle? If I were to donate my leg hairs to knit winter sweaters for needy orphans, would I be eligible for a reduced sentence?

At this point, my trepidacious mind is filled with more questions than answers. It’s making my ample leg hairs stand on end!

Jeez, you are a seriously good sport.
Not many humies would sit still and remain calm whilst one of my cousins took a great big crap right on their head.
Huzzah, sir, I say huzzah!!

1 Like

Thus the stunt double. Been around the block a few times and know not to trust your kind. Gotta say though, your cousin’s looking rather thin, dare I say…dessicated. Must be dumpster diving at the local crack house again.

Doesn’t cocaine addiction cause constipation? That would explain why he looks like he’s been squatting there a really long time.

We try not to judge here.

Not too much on the radar but that purple evening sky is usually a sign of heavy rain coming

Unless you live in Mongolia of course, then it’s just a another day at the office

A weird rumble from the mountain today. I hope it was thunder, though that’s not normal for a cold Dec day. After the cascading earthquakes we’ve been having, i’m still a bit on edge

1 Like

50 posts were split to a new topic: The Taiwan Weather Thread 2017