The Taiwan Weather Thread

Taipei City 28~37° 0% mostly clear
New Taipei City 28~37° 0% mostly clear
Keelung City 27~35° 10% mostly clear
Hsinchu County 29~34° 0% mostly clear
Hsinchu City 28~34° 0% mostly clear
Miaoli County 28~34° 0% mostly clear

Is this true? A max of 37c in Taipei in December??
Doesnt seem right does it?

This was from Taipei Times. They are obviously on crack.

Nope. Accurate. From personal experience, yes, it was/is/will be that hot. It was like that a couple of weeks ago, it is 28 today.

Amazing weather today, after 300+mm of rain from Thursday night until yesterday, having some sunlight here in Yilan felt really great.

Unless i missed something, that can’t be right (the temp, not the crack part). In fact, a cold-snap should be coming on Wednesday. (Doc, get the shorts and T-shirt ready - it’s likely to hit 16C for the first time)

There has been some weird weather but 37 C in Taipei in Dec should still be a few years down the track, ba…

It’s been ideal here for weeks. I could enjoy the winter even better if my brain would stop creeping me out by sub-consciously multiplying it by the spectre of another summer

Taipei again blew the ave temp out of the water with 22.6 for Nov. (ave = 17.9)

Ali Shan was 5.6 degrees above ave!

That’s the same story as the preceding few months - this must be a record hot year for Taiwan - i’m guessing by a long way

its been comfortable. lets see how well January and February hold up. last year was pure hell.

1 Like

Yes it’s very extreme. Month after month of records broken.
It seems drier than usual in places like Miaoli too.

Of course it wasn’t just Taiwan, it’s a global phenomenon.

Stands to reason Jan and Feb up to early March will be colder then normal?

Depends on the ole Jet stream winds, if they get bumped south again.

First year I was here, the first time it dipped below 20°C was Christmas Eve

They did forecast a warmer winter. Hence, I do expect it to snow again.

29C Forecast for Taipei today! That’s more than 8C above the Dec average

I wore too much. T-shirt, hoodie, windbreaker jacket.

I felt quite warm on the scooter commute to the office this morning.

Yilan from above by Thomas "Bis" Passarini, on Flickr

Not bad for December, especially compared to last year!

1 Like

Yep, warm winter all right.

Yes, riding the scooter in short sleeves today. Would have made it a tank top, but I have an embarrassing mole on my shoulder. :smirk:

Bootiful weather…global warming has one side benefit for us.

Until it’s summer.

Radar is staring to light up off the east coast - i really hope it rains here - just checked my water tanks and I’m getting dangerously low

1 Like

So I am sweating here at a comfy 28 degrees indoors, open up my computer and this greets me:

Hate Google so much right now.

1 Like

Enjoying some rain here - a soothing balm after the series of earthquakes.

CWB has us at 30% POP- their bog standard issuance for Taidong - i don’t know why they bother really - actually, i suppose they don’t. They definitely didn’t check the radar anyway

In my humble opinion, CWB’s forecasting is useless. I go straight to weather underground to get more precise (and usually accurate!) details.

Guy