The United States Has Attacked ISIS

He’s lost… people in general:

nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-t … ll-n202976

[quote]
The poll – conducted before the latest execution emerged – showed that a combined 68 percent of Americans say they have “very little” or “just some” confidence that Obama’s goals of degrading and eliminating the threat posed by ISIS will be achieved. Just 28 percent said they had “a great deal” or “quite a bit” of confidence. Still, 62 percent of voters say they support Obama’s decision to take action against ISIS in Iraq and Syria, while 22 percent oppose it.

“The bottom line: The president has made his case to the American public, and like other presidents who faced war and peace issues, support usually follows,” said Democratic pollster Peter Hart, who helped conduct the survey. “The difference in this military encounter is that, right out of the box, Americans are skeptical if this will work.”

The poll also shows that 38 percent of voters approve of Obama’s job in handling foreign policy. [/quote]

Maybe part of the problem is people sense his heart really isn’t in it.

Obama clearly lacks the messiah complex required of a proper commander-in-chief of the Israeli Foreign Legion fighting endless religious wars in the Middle East. Blame that on his African-American heritage because it wasn’t too long ago that his own people were on the receiving end of the bible thumping messianism of the ancestors of today’s neoconservatives.

Many IS have been trained by the CIA and Mosad. Been given logistical support by Jordon, Turkey and Saudi Arabia and is armed by the US and Saudi via Qutar. They are merely hired guns to help the US/Israel obtain their Objectives in the ME. Thanks to the fear mongering campaign ,they now have some public support for their backdoor attack on Syria. This could get very very ugly.

Lost me right there.

I love a good conspiracy theory. This one needs work.

[quote]
“The bottom line: The president has made his case to the American public, and like other presidents who faced war and peace issues, support usually follows,” [/quote]

Yes, usually a leader makes a decision and support follows. I’m pretty sure in this case the American public had already made their minds up regarding ISIS and it was the president who followed public opinion.

I love a good conspiracy theory. This one needs work.[/quote]

90 percent of geopolitical news you hear on mainstream comes from the pentagon. I prefer to shop around a little more than others for my news.

Well, you can blame it on his heritage, but there’s nothing African-American about it. Obama’s about as African-American as Vanilla Ice. It’s his liberal white heritage that gave him the internationalist outlook that informs his foreign policy.

Maybe it’s just his Chicago street smarts then that makes Obama so unenthusiastic about cranking up Pox Americana’s SkyNet killing machine again to try to escape the quagmire in I.R.A.Q. once more. He knows that with 1.5 billion Sunni Muslims and PoxNet’s penchant for killing more innocent people than bad ones the quagmire is only going to get deeper and the number of Jihadis to increase over the next ten years just as it did the last ten and he’s going to end up being blamed for everything.

Who in his (or her) right mind would be enthusiastic then about being neoconservatism’s next scapegoat for its inherent flaws?

Of course you do because you are a “strong, independently minded individual thinker who is capable of great insight into the personal motives of those in positions of power. You are clear about what you want in life but also not afraid to take chance to explore hidden attributes of your personality. You are not afraid of a challenge but rise to the occasion, seeking out information and resources that will enable you to engage fully in your fight for fairness.”

Might I recommend our good friends at RT (Russia Today) to you. I think that you will find the In My Opinion segment most gratifyingly in agreement with your Weltanschauung…

Wrong again. “Street smarts” is all about never appearing weak to your enemies–not exactly a hallmark of Obama’s foreign policy.

Wrong again. “Street smarts” is all about never appearing weak to your enemies–not exactly a hallmark of Obama’s foreign policy.[/quote]

Only a neoconservative would regard lack of enthusiasm for endless warfare as a weakness. Obama’s real weakness is that he allows neoconservatives to goad him into fighting their wars for them rather than telling them to suit up along with their military age children and go fight them themselves for a change.

[quote=“Winston Smith”]
Only a neoconservative would regard lack of enthusiasm for endless warfare as a weakness. Obama’s real weakness is that he allows neoconservatives to goad him into fighting their wars for them rather than telling them to suit up along with their military age children and go fight them themselves for a change.[/quote]

Do you ever get tired of making this same old group slur, over and over again? It was done to death years ago. Also, it betrays a lack of basic common sense. Most old people aren’t physically suited for combat. Come up with something more plausible, `kay?

The best you can say about Oblamebush at this point is that his decisions are purely political. He’s been trying to have it both ways his entire career, and people are finally starting to notice, but he hasn’t got more than two or three tired old tricks in his bag. Either way you slice it, he’s weak and a failure. He community organized himself into this mess, but he can’t community organize his way out of it.

No, I’m pretty sure that’s not it.

I did like that poll that showed 63% of Americans thought the US should be bombing Syria, but only 50% could find Syria on a map of the Middle East.

[quote=“rowland”]He’s lost… people in general:

nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-t … ll-n202976

[quote]
The poll – conducted before the latest execution emerged – showed that a combined 68 percent of Americans say they have “very little” or “just some” confidence that Obama’s goals of degrading and eliminating the threat posed by ISIS will be achieved. Just 28 percent said they had “a great deal” or “quite a bit” of confidence. Still, 62 percent of voters say they support Obama’s decision to take action against ISIS in Iraq and Syria, while 22 percent oppose it.

“The bottom line: The president has made his case to the American public, and like other presidents who faced war and peace issues, support usually follows,” said Democratic pollster Peter Hart, who helped conduct the survey. “The difference in this military encounter is that, right out of the box, Americans are skeptical if this will work.”

The poll also shows that 38 percent of voters approve of Obama’s job in handling foreign policy. [/quote]

Maybe part of the problem is people sense his heart really isn’t in it.

[/quote]

Let’s see

[quote]
What did the public want done, according to a CNN poll taken shortly before the speech?

The poll released Monday shows that Americans favor:

-- Additional airstrikes against ISIS (76% favor, 23% oppose)

-- Military aid to forces fighting ISIS (62% favor, 37% oppose)

-- Providing humanitarian aid to people fleeing ISIS (83% favor, 16% oppose)

But a majority of Americans, 61%-38%, oppose placing U.S. soldiers on the ground in Iraq and Syria to combat the terrorist group. [/quote]

So the majority of Americans support exactly what Obama is doing; they just don’t support him doing it (sounds like the AFA: everybody loves what’s in it, they just hate Obamacare.)

But I think you are right- what the American people want right now is someone who shows he really wants to blow the shit out of a bunch of Ayrabs- Sunnis, Shiites, Syrians, Iraqis, ISIS, Assad, who cares- and yea, I agree Obama’s heart isn’t in it.

[quote=“MikeN”]

So the majority of Americans support exactly what Obama is doing; they just don’t support him doing it (sounds like the AFA: everybody loves what’s in it, they just hate Obamacare.)

But I think you are right- what the American people want right now is someone who shows he really wants to blow the shit out of a bunch of Ayrabs- Sunnis, Shiites, Syrians, Iraqis, ISIS, Assad, who cares- and yea, I agree Obama’s heart isn’t in it.[/quote]

Most Americans love themselves some gut feeling truthiness type of president, who will kick ass and take names when anybody wrongs us. It would work if the task at hand is simple like bullies at school. Doesn’t work so well when the fact on the ground is that everyone wants to be the bully, and there’s just no right things to do.

Speaking of boots on the ground, some Iraqis are not the most gracious receivers of favors:

[quote] The pan-Arab, London-based daily, “Al-Sharq al-Awsat” (The Middle East) reports that the major Shiite militias of Iraq are denouncing Prime Minister Haydar al-Abadi for welcoming US air support in the fight against the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

Prime Minister al-Abadi himself rejected conventional US ground troops for Iraq on Wednesday, even as Gen. Dempsey said that they might ultimately be necessary

The new foreign minister, Ibrahim al-Jafari also objected to the exclusion of Iran . His party, the National Reform Trend, is close to al-Sadr. [/quote]
juancole.com/2014/09/shiite- … eaten.html
Though he does add the caveat

face, so important to medievalish cultures around the world.

I still don’t get why endless recreational warfare has to be an either/or proposition. If you’re for it, fine. You either pay for it out of your own pocket if you’re too old to fight or you suit up and go kill Hajis to your heart’s content if you’re military age. You’ve got my blessing – and be sure and keep us posted.

Of course in real life it’s never that simple. Most people are too smart to fight and die in recreational wars themselves so it’s a constant struggle hoodwinking somebody else into doing it for them. I have no clue what the solution to that problem is.