Theresa May terrorized.

She and her party plummeting in the polls since the latest Manchester attacks. Now this:

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2017/06/04/world/europe/04reuters-britain-security-may-election.html?

When you’re a candidate, harping on a genuine issue is good campaigning. When you’re in charge, it’s a bit dicey. In the US, Il Douche always found someone else to blame… plus he had the media in his corner.

When these things happen, people are looking for more from political leadership than just ramped up rhetoric and calls for Internet regulation.

By the way, gun control is grimly reaping major victories in England lately. When seconds count, the police are minutes away. Eight minutes, in the recent case. It could have been worse, but it also could have been better.

1 Like

Moron if they had guns they could have killed hundreds.

3 Likes

been seeing a few people make these gun control comments. ridiculous

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: From Theresa May terrorized

Once again, Comrade Smith, if you want to be understood as sarcastic, you need to consider how your message sounds to a non-Oceanian. :rolling_eyes:

Torries will win in a landslide. Labor have no Brexit plan. All the UKIP voters are going to vote conservative to give the Tories a mandate. Keep dreaming of that money tree lefties!

Sarcasm has no effect in a religious war because the line between reality and absurdity is too blurred, eventually disappearing entirely. At this point then – in the spirit of ‘enough is enough’ – I’m aiming for accuracy because somebody’s got to do it.

Couldn’t you at least try to make a fact-based case before retreating to the land of questionable hypotheticals?

Meanwhile in the real world, most of the perps are still on the loose, and the local gummint is telling people to “run, hide and tell” like little girls or something.

This is what’s left of England. Council housing, girls puking on the street and terrorist rampages. And a really big ferris wheel and a building that looks like a pickle.

(And your wise men don’t know how it feels to be thick as a brick.)

Pathetic Albion. It looked like they had rediscovered some self respect with the Brexit thing, but maybe not enough.

1 Like

[quote]“Death to the enemies of America. Leave this country if you hate our freedom.”

“I hope they all die. I’m gonna say that on the stand. I’m a patriot, and I hope everyone I stabbed died.”[/quote] – Jeremy Joseph Christian, Portland, Oregon

This might be a good place to start a thought experiment about the pros and cons of arming anti-Muslim patriots.

The lone nut argument is much overused… however, there are cases where it legitimately applies.

And he’s back…

Helping the terrorists recruit:

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/161427038341/helping-the-terrorists-recruit

Letting them get away is extremely counterproductive. The police showed up eight minutes late.

(Yes, they got some, and that helps.)

Advocating genocide is an even less endearing activity when it turns out you’re not being sarcastic.

[quote=“rowland”]This is what’s left of England. Council housing, girls puking on the street and terrorist rampages.
[/quote]

Replace council housing with slum housing, and it’s not clear which century you’re referring to. :idunno:

Imagine if these people had had guns:

Many of them are better than their government.

Imagine if there were untrained panicked civilians shooting wildly in the dark? I’d rather not…

although im not a supporter of sadiq khan the guy is at least doing his job. farage backed off as soon as brexit succeeded, same as boris. this guy has no right to say anything he should be ignored into obscurity at this point.

Farage didn’t back off. He’s still a representing MEP in the EU parliament is getting more done in the media. The only reason he never got a seat in British Parliament for his seat at South Thanet was because of Tory corruption. Craig Mackinlay has been charged. Farage will be back with a Trump, Le Pen alliance. It’s only a matter of time.

Sadiq Khan - "Terror attacks are part and parcel of living in a big city”. What a job this guy does for Londonistan!

2 Likes

Not quite.

“I’m not going to speculate as to how the police in New York should react. What I do know is part and parcel of living in a great global city is you gotta be prepared for these things, you gotta be vigilant, you gotta support the police doing an incredibly hard job, you gotta support the security services. And I think speculating, when you don’t know the facts, is unwise.”
–Sadiq Khan

Two can play your game.