This is how we do things here in not Yankeeland, boy

I had never heard the term ‘seppo’ until you used it. It’s hilarious.

2 Likes

Funny, I think I’ve heard it a couple of times. I think the first time was one time when I was trying to figure out WTF a spanner was.

1 Like

Septic tank has been around for ages. Limey invention, I believe. Only a wrench wouldn’t know that.

You can always create your own thread for talking about American things without the insulting view the rest of the World has on them.

Wrong. As the OP if someone is telling you they find the term yankee as a substitute for American offensive, it is you who should think of rephrasing the title of the thread.

Since you have made clear you have contempt for America, it is clear that your use of yankeeland is meant to be derogatory and insulting. That goes against the rules of the forum, I suggest changing it to something else.

Thank you.

Edit: And while we are at it, and a lot of shootings in the US are related to black youths, the word “boy” at the end carries racially charged overtones, I would get rid of that too.

2 Likes

What, it’s owned by people from Finland?

This is how we do things in Yankeeland

1 Like

What would the outlaw Jose Wells think of the term yankee land? :wink:

I have the image in my mind of a Mexican Clint Eastwood.

1 Like

I’ve never even been to Yankee land… :thinking:

I spent a week in Las Vegas once if you want to know more about the culture.

That’s not Yankee land, ese.

Well, it’s all I’ve got.

Don’t worry, you’re not missing much…the Northeast is mostly bad attitudes and bad food. :sunglasses:

Didn’t you just say you’ve never been there like one post ago?

1 Like

He probably got it from a reliable source. I’ve been there and he’s dead right.

And the snow. And the state governments. And the coronovavirus.

Haven’t been to the northeast in years, don’t miss it. We have a guy here who claims to have actually moved to New Jersey, voluntarily. Not sure I believe him.

How about cowboysland, is that more of your and the gigantic rat’s liking?

If you cannot see why yankeeland or cowboyland fits the context, I think others do.

Yep. Plenty of transplants in California though. :wink:

Cowboyland may be better. Yankee has a different meaning to Americans, also depending on what part of America you come from. I have used “yank” in jest in the past and was called out on it.

Anyway, it’s been up there for 3 years so Im not exactly feeling the urgency that it’s something that needs to be done to beat the timer.

Someone is saying they feel it’s disrespectful, you were the OP and best person to make a more suitable name, which I’m sure everyone would appreciate the effort on your part to be considerate.

1 Like

Youre judging the east coast by the ones that cant hack it and move to the bay area? No wonder youre jaded. Failed williamsburg hipsters and that main street in Berkelely seem to be what define America for you. Its a big place theres a little more going on than you remember.