This scooter shop left me stranded in the mountains

I had taken my Aeon OZ150 to the shop for a basic tune up. They said they heard a rattle and it was piston slap. So I said please fix it. Never heard back from them for two weeks. I call and ask if it is done they said OK. I get it back and go on a tour around the island. In Alishan (80km from any major city) the spark plug blows out of the motor. Not a normal thing. The mechanic in Chaiyi was able to bore it and place a new sparkplug in there and said the valve were toast. He kindly replaced that and the broken cam chain guide that the previous shop had missed. I also had purchased some parts for my Honda Dio and wanted them to tune it up. I had to take it back 3 times before I gave up and found a proper shop to do it. This shop did not communicate with me at all, nor did they fix any of my issues.

The shop is 歐多百機車材料行 (autobike or motorbike) located in Taoyuan. They are great to buy parts but do not get your scooter fixed here. As a mechanic myself, I have seen better work from people who have never touched tool. This place is not good for repairs.

Cha bu Dou.

It’s cha bu duo.

cha but do

1 Like

Spoken in a strong Taiwanese accent (like any ochiu worth his salt), it’s actually closer to nonredneck’s spelling.

I really need to go to Taiwan one of these days :joy:

Prepare to get your heart touched (groped?) :slight_smile:

The worst is that guy on the hill by the 7 11 there, the one there across form the Family Mart, the small shop on the road with the guy who’s always kneeling down fixing something. Usually wears those blue and white flip flops. That guy’s the worst! I went in there to fix my scooter seat and the damn seat fell right off.

It’s a 150cc.

I wouldn’t go there to get a new seat if I was you, although I heard he does a pretty decent job replacing spark plugs