Threatened by a drug dealer

That’s how it works in most countries. I remember watching an episode of ‘Banged Up Abroad’ (or ‘Locked Up Abroad’) that took place in South Korea. The police conducted a sting at the post office waiting for the silly foreigner to pick up his parcel of hashish or whatever, but they didn’t pounce until after he had signed for it and accepted it. So again OP, do NOT sign for anything suspicious. But seriously, I think your psycho hook-up and her angry ex are just messing with you or he’s posturing to save face. You’ll be fine.

1 Like

Dude, I’d forget about receiving a package in the mail…and concentrate my energy of watching out for the guy and his buddies jumping you some night… in Taiwan foreign lives don’t matter…

1 Like

My gut tells me that you’re probably right, re: posturing. But you never know.

I would like to believe that even signing for a package could not get someone arrested. I order a huge number of items through the mail, generally speaking I would not think twice about signing anything that shows up. Especially since I have more than once surprised myself by receiving something which arrived very late and I had forgotten it was coming at all.

Signing a package is not any indication of knowledge of what’s in it, surely?

But yeah, of course I’ll be on the lookout now.

That would be super intense of she’s flat-out lying about all this…I’d like to think I’d be able to pick up on That level of crazy…

1 Like

The problem with crazy is that it’s surprisingly hard to spot, especially when it’s naked. I don’t think anyone’s genuinely blaming you for that.

There are a whole bunch of stories floating around, on the general theme of: white guy goes to club, talks to girl, gets beaten up by (actual) gangsters. Some of these are true, some maybe not so, but it does appear to be a “thing”. There are always young men, whereever you go, who are looking for a fight. It’s the way it is. The girls either set the scene or are playing some game of their own; what she gets out of all this, or even whether she knows what’s going on, is open to question, but there really are some strange people on this planet. It might be that weird thing where some girls like to see guys fighting over them.

Anyway, if it’s all gone quiet, it’s a fairly safe bet she/he has moved on to some other target. Just keep your wits about you for a few weeks, but it sounds like somebody’s just having a laugh at your expense.